Windows 10: Win 10 Pro login password

Discus and support Win 10 Pro login password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I upgraded my Acer Aspire Win 10 Pro Ver 1903 from 4GB to 8GB RAM and when I started the laptop it asked for a password. I have 'never ask' in netplwiz... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by marcycn, Jul 29, 2020.

1. marcycn Win User

Win 10 Pro login password

I upgraded my Acer Aspire Win 10 Pro Ver 1903 from 4GB to 8GB RAM and when I started the laptop it asked for a password. I have 'never ask' in netplwiz and 'never' under require sign-in unchecked. No options have changed there and I have never been asked for a password since setting the machine up some years ago. I have read a lot of threads but have found nothing new.

I did a few updates a few nights ago. Did one of them change something I'm not aware of? Will upgrading to VEr 1909 correct this? Any insight?

:)

marcycn, Jul 29, 2020

2. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Jul 30, 2020
  3. SURFACE PRO 4 - LOGIN PASSWORD NOT RECOGNIZED AFTER UPDATED TO WIN 10 BUILD 1511

Excited as ever, I just bought a Surface Pro 4 (i7 processor+ 256GB disk+ 16G RAM) yesterday. New machine as everyone does, I turned on the tablet and ran the set-up...when everything was done...ran the windows update...waiting to download and install for
    couple of hours and finally updated to WIN 10 build 1511.....

To my disappointment, WIN 10 1511 did not recognize my login password which I have created during the setup. I pretty much sure that the password is correct as I have the same user name and password on both my PC and this VERY NEW SURFACE PRO 4. Likewise,
    prior to updating, I managed to login couple of times.

What is happening to windows updates? and is the NEW so called high-end (as they claimed) SURFACE PRO 4 compatible with build 1511 (or vice versa)? Any work around?

• How to restore to its original factory setting?
    • How to boot on safe mode so I can remove the password temporarily? Once removed, perhaps I can re-create another when in WIN 10 environment.
    • How to create bootable WIN 10 USB and how to boot to USB drive?
    What would someone feel if his/her high-end version of SURFACE PRO 4 does not work after updating? I barely used my unit for about an hour (setup time)...the rest was updates and yet...presto!!! login PASSWORD does not recognized by built 1511 update. If
    I am only as rich as those listed in FORBES, I would have throw my unit in the rubbish bin.

I hope someone in this community can help me solve the issues on my SURFACE PRO 4. By the way, WIN10 built 1511 is working well with my Toshiba touch screen PC.

TheGragasins, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

Can't disable login password Win 10

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• How many user accounts have you set up on the computer?
    You might face this issue if you have entered a wrong password or selected a different user account while unchecking the option
    "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer". I would suggest you to follow these steps and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key + R on the keyboard.
    • Type “control userpasswords2” without quotes and press
      Enter
    • Click on the User account to which you login.
    • Uncheck the option "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer". If it is already unchecked, then place a check mark and then uncheck it.
    • You will be requested to enter the Username and Password. Fill in the details correctly. Type in the
      Username, Password and Confirm Password manually.
    • Click on OK and then again OK.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Let us know the results and if you need further assistance and we’ll be happy to help.

Arul_D, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Win 10 Pro login password - Similar Threads - Pro login password

2. How to bypass the password login on Windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to bypass the password login on Windows 10 pro: I've tired the regdit and then netplwz uncheck box method. But then on the restart, it's now giving me an option to pick from two of the same user accounts! And asking for registration of one of them.And still asking for pin at start up.Any advice?...
  3. How to bypass the password login on Win 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to bypass the password login on Win 10?: Hi! I have an old PC at my old house, which I haven't used for 3 years. I have tried many passwords that I could think of even the hint didn't help, but it didn't work. The account is the administrator, so it won't allow me to modify it in any way. I have tried a method...
  4. How to bypass the password login on Win 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to bypass the password login on Win 10?: Hi! I have an old PC at my old house, which I haven't used for 3 years. I have tried many passwords that I could think of even the hint didn't help, but it didn't work. The account is the administrator, so it won't allow me to modify it in any way. I have tried a method...
  5. How to bypass the password login on Win 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. WHERE ARE PASSWORDS STORED ON WIN 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Customization
    WHERE ARE PASSWORDS STORED ON WIN 10 Pro?: New to Win 10 Pro and cannot find ANYTHHING easily! HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-passwords-stored-on-win-10-pro/769cf12f-9a06-419d-ab05-551f8c3a3a57
  7. win 10 login. Lost password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    win 10 login. Lost password: I have an Interactive Flat Panel Display with a small win 10 computer docked into it. previous user put security login on and now I can't get the password as they are not reachable. there is no Microsoft account attached. I figure I have to use a USB and reconfigure...
  8. Win 10 - can't remove login password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win 10 - can't remove login password: I recently had an OS meltdown and had to reinstall Windows 10 . The image I downloaded from Dell is apparently newer than the install I replaced: I tried to get rid of my login password using netplwiz, which I had done successfully in my previous installation. However, in the...
  9. Unable to login Win 10 with my password and with Microsoft

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to login Win 10 with my password and with Microsoft: Hi there, I am unable to use my desktop after Windows 10 installed some updates automatically. I have even changed my mycrosoft password but still its not recognising the password. I can login to my Microsoft account with same details on my mobile. I have tried logging in...
  10. Win 10 thinks it's a Win 7 Pro on login screen.

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 thinks it's a Win 7 Pro on login screen.: Hi. Sometime ago I updated my brothers win 7 pro to win 10 however when I login with my password it shows on screen as 'Windows 7 Pro' which it isn't any longer. I need to change this to Win 10 Pro or something more accurate. I have gone through settings, and searched the...