Windows 10: Win 10 pro, network connection

Discus and support Win 10 pro, network connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; on a Win 10 OS. Wish to set wired connection as default in the office. Wireless is weak, but seams to be the default. Need to change priorities.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RayPeaster, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Win 10 pro, network connection

on a Win 10 OS. Wish to set wired connection as default in the office. Wireless is weak, but seams to be the default. Need to change priorities.

:)

RayPeaster, Sep 4, 2018
  2. DaleNoel Win User

Win 10 Network Printer Connection Problem

I have tried, when using the wifi from a Win 7 computer to connect to the printer connected to it. Others can connect.

I did do the three steps outlined:

• Open File Explorer. Pick the "Network" icon from the left pane (navigation pane) of the file explorer UI.
    • If sharing is turned off you will see a pale yellow line towards the top of the window that states "Network Discovery is turned off. Network computers and devices are not visible. Click to change...".
    • Click this bar and select "Turn on network discovery and file sharing"

None of the suggestion worked.

I did notice that the PC I'm connecting to is 'Private' while I am listed as 'Public'.

• Can this be causing the problem?
    • Are there other suggestions?

I need to be connected to use the other printer so work flow can not be disrupted and someone else needs to print the file for me.

I will be with this group again on Monday.

Thank you.

DaleNoel, Sep 4, 2018
  3. Mel Tar Win User
    No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Sep 4, 2018
  4. Win 10 pro, network connection

Remote Desktop Connectivity Intermittent - Win 10 Pro to Win 10 Pro

Hi,

An outdated or incompatible network adapter driver can cause connection issues. Let's troubleshoot this by running the Network Troubleshooter. This troubleshooter can help us to identify the cause of the issue and fix it at the same time.

To run the troubleshooter:

• First, in the search box on the taskbar, type Network troubleshooter.
    • Then, select Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Lastly, follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the issue.

If the issue still persists, we suggest the following:

Download and run the easy fix solution:
    Find and fix problems with wireless and other network adapters.

Update the network adapter driver.

To do this:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Device Manager, and then select
      Device Manager from the list of results.
    • In Device Manager, select Network adapters, then click network adapter name.
    • Press and hold (or right-click) the network adapter, and then select
      Update driver
    • Select Search automatically for updated driver software. Follow the steps, then select
      Close.
    • After installing the updated driver, select Start, then click
      Power.
    • Select Restart if you're asked to restart, and see if that fixes the connection issue.
    If Windows can’t find a new driver for your network adapter, visit the PC manufacturer’s website and download the latest network adapter driver from there.

For more troubleshooting steps, please visit these article: Fix network connection issues in Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Marvelos Reg, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 pro, network connection

1. Win 10 pro, network connection - Similar Threads - pro network connection

2. Win 10 network and connectivity issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 network and connectivity issues: My Win 10 PC keeps disconnecting itself from the wi-fi. It will operate normally, but if I am playing a game it will disconnect and would give the error message "can't connect to this network". It won't work unless I restart the PC.Sometimes even after restart, it wouldn't...
  3. win 10 pro network discovery

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    win 10 pro network discovery: win 10 pro network discovery does not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-pro-network-discovery/19793eff-abd5-4baf-a8d4-14aecaa7f158
  4. win 10 pro network discovery

win 10 pro network discovery: win 10 pro network discovery not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-pro-network-discovery/a3344675-887f-4aea-bd46-c25c1cdd9c0c
  5. Win 10 Network popup for new connection.

Win 10 Network popup for new connection.: I use a mobile 4G tethered to PC for Network and every time i connect it adds a new number for the network. And asks for Private or Public I fail to see why this is needed as I already have it set to private Is there a way of disabling this popup and stopping the...
  6. Windows 10 Pro and Network Connectivity issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Pro and Network Connectivity issues: I have crawled through many posts in Google regarding this and cannot find a solution that explains this. I have a Dell Optiplex 790 running a clean copy of Windows 10Pro. For some reason, the network connection will randomly just stop working. The settings are all there but...
  7. Win 10 - unable to connect to this network (wifi)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 - unable to connect to this network (wifi): submitted by /u/Azza0pz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hdwtew/win_10_unable_to_connect_to_this_network_wifi/
  8. Cannot connect to local network using Win 10 Pro

Cannot connect to local network using Win 10 Pro: Hi, we have a win 10 Pro x64 pc and a win 10 Home x64 pc with the same network configuration. The problem is that we can only connect to our local network from the Home machine but not from the Pro machine. What could be the issue here? Is there anything special in Win...
  9. networking a win 10 home to win7 pro

networking a win 10 home to win7 pro: "You bo not have permission to access" when I try to open a floder on the win 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/networking-a-win-10-home-to-win7-pro/515d64ae-2e9c-48f9-b0bd-b53a264633dd
  10. Cannot See networked Computers Win 10 Pro

Cannot See networked Computers Win 10 Pro: For some reason, I cannot see my networked computers on the network after the Windows 10 anniversary update. I have 4 windows 10 Pro computers on my home network, all was working before the update. Home group network appears to be working. Network Discovery is enabled. Thanks...