Windows 10: win 10 pro network discovery

Discus and support win 10 pro network discovery in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; win 10 pro network discovery does not work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lars Blizard, Apr 24, 2021.

1. win 10 pro network discovery

win 10 pro network discovery does not work.

:)

Lars Blizard, Apr 24, 2021

2. Cannot keep Network Discovery Enabled.

Hi,

Thank you for the response.

I would suggest that you change the settings in the Firewall to allow Network discovery so that the Firewall stays On while allowing the Network discovery to be enabled.

Follow the steps.

a . Open Control panel.

b. Small icons from the drop down.

c. Click on Windows Firewall.

d. Click on Allow programs or feature through Firewall.

e. Scroll the list and check Network Discovery.

If you need additional assistance then let us know.

Ruth Buruga, Apr 24, 2021
  3. Network Sharing and discovery issue windows 10 home 1909

1. Make sure that the following dependency services are started:
      • DNS Client
      • Function Discovery Resource Publication
      • SSDP Discovery
      • UPnP Device Host
    2. Configure the Windows firewall to allow Network Discovery. To do this, follow these steps:
      1. Open Control Panel, click System and Security, and then click Windows Firewall.
      2. In the left pane, click Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall if you are running Windows Server 2012. Or, click Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall if you are running Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server
        2008 R2.
      3. Click Change settings. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
      4. Select Network discovery, and then click OK.
    3. Configure other firewalls in the network to allow Network Discovery.
    4. Turn on Network Discovery in Network and Sharing Center.

ShenCervantes, Apr 24, 2021
  4. win 10 pro network discovery

Network Sharing and discovery issue windows 10 home 1909

1. Make sure that the following dependency services are started:
      • DNS Client
      • Function Discovery Resource Publication
      • SSDP Discovery
      • UPnP Device Host
    2. Configure the Windows firewall to allow Network Discovery. To do this, follow these steps:
      1. Open Control Panel, click System and Security, and then click Windows Firewall.
      2. In the left pane, click Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall if you are running Windows Server 2012. Or, click Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall if you are running Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server
        2008 R2.
      3. Click Change settings. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
      4. Select Network discovery, and then click OK.
    3. Configure other firewalls in the network to allow Network Discovery.
    4. Turn on Network Discovery in Network and Sharing Center.

ShenCervantes, Apr 24, 2021
Thema:

win 10 pro network discovery

1. win 10 pro network discovery - Similar Threads - pro network discovery

2. Network discovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network discovery: I am using Windows 10. I have set up a disk drive on the Wi-Fi router, but I cannot see it on Windows file explorer under Network. Even though I turn on network discovery, I still cannot see my network devices. Please help! Thank you so much.b...
  3. Win 11; Turning on Network Discovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11; Turning on Network Discovery: Where is "Turn on Network Discovery" today, October 2, at 21:04 and 36 seconds. Every single one of fourteen brand new, knowledgeable Web Sites' answers, including Microsoft's own, cite controls and navigations that are simply not there, every last answer different. Windows'...
  4. Win 11; Turning on Network Discovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11; Turning on Network Discovery: Where is "Turn on Network Discovery" today, October 2, at 21:04 and 36 seconds. Every single one of fourteen brand new, knowledgeable Web Sites' answers, including Microsoft's own, cite controls and navigations that are simply not there, every last answer different. Windows'...
  5. win 10 pro network discovery

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    win 10 pro network discovery: win 10 pro network discovery not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-pro-network-discovery/a3344675-887f-4aea-bd46-c25c1cdd9c0c
  6. Network Discovery

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network Discovery: I have a server running windows server 2008 r2 and the network discovery is on. On why windows 10 pc I don't see it. I can see my windows 10 machine on the server-side but not the other way. Any solutions, or suggestions. I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks. submitted by...
  7. win 10, network discovery not working.

win 10, network discovery not working.: Win 10 only sees itself. I've tried the basics and some suggested fixes to no avail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-network-discovery-not-working/70304302-1512-49f7-9921-9f2c90421455
  8. network discovery

network discovery: I am trying to add a printer connected to another PC, both win10Pro although I can see the other pc when I try to connect the printer get a message saying contact network admin for permissions. Pc #2 has been shared, same with printer, files and sharing activated, I read...
  9. network discovery windows 10 pro 18363

network discovery windows 10 pro 18363: Latest version W10, how do I turn on network discovery (in plain english). https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-discovery-windows-10-pro-18363/4bc375dd-1c2f-4ab0-a387-ef75eabebc3c
  10. Network Discovery.

Network Discovery.: Network Discovery. I added a USB memory stick to my router (as suggested by Computer Active) I tried to access it from my laptop by trying \\192.168.1.1 (My router default gateway) as suggested in the article. It came back with Network Discovery must be switched on - - - - -...