Windows 10: win 10 Pro never starts first time, like something is asleep?

Discus and support win 10 Pro never starts first time, like something is asleep? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I really did not know what to put as a title because this issue is weird, to me anyway. PC Specs are listed. The PC seems to be on, power light is lit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Frank Luke, Dec 27, 2018.

1. win 10 Pro never starts first time, like something is asleep?

I really did not know what to put as a title because this issue is weird, to me anyway.
    PC Specs are listed. The PC seems to be on, power light is lit steady, at first the monitor power light blinks like you would expect but then the screen just turns off? I shutdown (or use reset button) and this time all is well. Nearly everytime now.
    I have searched the web. I did have my GTX 1060 6GB GPU in the 3rd pci e slot. Some mentioned it needs to be in one. So I moved it and reseated the power plug also. No change. I checked device manager for any signs (like with usb devices) was something telling display or GPU to turn off. Nothing.

I am stumped and pretty upset because this is a new build. I spent some bucks on this thing.
    All ram tests are excellent. All benchmarks are fantastic,
    Now I have never used HDMI for a display before because I never had a display that could take advantage of it, dispaly is a NEW Samsung 28" 3840 X 2160 UHD display..
    Any ideas?
    PSU is a NEW Antec Edge 750. I will add that I have had the edge 750 for about 2 years sitting in it's original box on a shelf in air conditioned BR. Was waiting for a new build to use it.
    I also have the power for GPU plugged into the PSU in the suggested GPU rail according to Antec edge 750 docs.
    Thanks and so sorry for the somewhat confusing info. But I am confused.

:)

Frank Luke, Dec 27, 2018
  2. Josef Bri Win User

Windows 10 Won't Stay Asleep

Looks like there's an incompatibility with the drivers and the Creators update that you're using right now. May we suggest going back to your previous system build for now as it the only workaround we have for the issue right now. To do this, follow the
    steps below:

• Open Settings window.
    • Click Update and Security, Recovery.
    • Select Get Started, under Go back.

Josef Bri, Dec 27, 2018
  3. YOU
    You Win User
    Advice required - Post Upgrade - Suspect Pro 2 is Bricked

Before try that, have tried resetting the UEFI options?

To reset the Surface Pro to the default UEFI settings, follow these steps:

• Press the Power button and the Volume Up button at same time while are starting the Surface Pro device.
    • Set Trusted Platform Module (TPM) to enabled.
    • Set Secure Boot Control to enabled.
    • Press Install Default Secure Boot keys.
    • Press Exit setup, and then save the changes.

4. Rob Burt Win User

win 10 Pro never starts first time, like something is asleep?

No start screen in Windows 10 Pro

Although my machine seems to be using Windows 10 and was showing a Start Screen after download, I have now no start screen, no functionality with the search box, and my taskbar seldom auto-hides. I have tried the solutions suggested by community members,
    but with no success. For example, I had no access to the AppXPackage.

I am using a Lenovo ThinkPad W510, Core i7, and upgraded from Win 7 Pro.

Can anyone suggest further steps I might take?

Thanks,

Rob

Rob Burt, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

win 10 Pro never starts first time, like something is asleep?

1. win 10 Pro never starts first time, like something is asleep? - Similar Threads - Pro never starts

2. Hi, I don know why but my screen is discolorised and it is the first time something like...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, I don know why but my screen is discolorised and it is the first time something like...: I dont know why colors are showing like this. Please help me resolve it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-i-don-know-why-but-my-screen-is-discolorised/985eae60-7f78-41eb-af46-7aa757d6cc95
  3. Hi, I don know why but my screen is discolorised and it is the first time something like...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi, I don know why but my screen is discolorised and it is the first time something like...: I dont know why colors are showing like this. Please help me resolve it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-i-don-know-why-but-my-screen-is-discolorised/985eae60-7f78-41eb-af46-7aa757d6cc95
  4. Hi, I don know why but my screen is discolorised and it is the first time something like...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 Falls Asleep Despite "Never" Sleep Settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Falls Asleep Despite "Never" Sleep Settings: The ONLY WAY TO FIX THE PROBLEM IS TO UN-INSTALL THE OPTIONAL SEPTEMBER UPDATE WHICH CAUSED IT. DOING JUST THAT FIXES IT IMMEDIATEL;Y EVEN BEFORE ANY REBOOT....
  6. Win 10 first time installer, help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 first time installer, help?: Probably dumb questions but I'm a little worried about downloading the ms tool, is it possible just to download win 10 iso? I don't want it to try and install win 10 on this PC, but I'm trying to make an install disk for my new PC. Also, worried about all the reports of...
  7. Win 7 Pro Upgrade to Win 10 Pro Fails during First Boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 7 Pro Upgrade to Win 10 Pro Fails during First Boot: setuperr.log 2020-03-01 19:23:35, Error MOUPG CInstallUI::GetDefaultLanguage1953: Result = 0x80070002[gle=0x00000002] 2020-03-01 19:23:35, Error MOUPG CSystemHelper::CheckConnectedStandby642: Result = 0x80070057 2020-03-01 19:35:05, Error...
  8. Starting computer for first time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Starting computer for first time: Bought a Dell Inspiron 13 5000 series 2 with Windows 10. Right out of the box, Cortana led me through selecting a country and even getting connected to my wifi. Then she said, we are going to check for updates - found updates - downloading updates - restarting computer....
  9. Win 10 Pro-1709 3Jan-Noticed something

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Pro-1709 3Jan-Noticed something: Win 10 Pro 1709 Feature Updates 3-Jan on 5th Jan. KB4056892...................................(OS Build 16299.192-Have to check this after reboot). I have noticed the following over the last updates. It get to 99% and then stays there with little activity, Processor,...
  10. BSOD when starting game first time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when starting game first time: This is a little weird, I usually get BSOD when I start my PC when it hasn't been on for hours, but when I blue screen and boot Windows back up it doesn't seem to BSOD. I'm not sure if this is just a coincidence, but can someone please advise? 98292