Windows 10: Win 10 pro new install

Discus and support Win 10 pro new install in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Okay so building a new computer for the first time, I bought a win 10 pro OEM disc with key off of Amazon. Can I just install win 10 pro with a flash... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Ja0, Jun 22, 2021.

1. JA0
    Ja0 Win User

Win 10 pro new install

Okay so building a new computer for the first time, I bought a win 10 pro OEM disc with key off of Amazon. Can I just install win 10 pro with a flash drive, than just enter the key from the disk to activate? Or do I need to hook up an external disk drive to run the CD to install win 10 pro? Just looking for some clarification before I Start so I dont mess anything up.

:)

2. Reloading - retrieving my installed WIN 10 PRO

Thanks for the quick and detail response. Just to make sure I understand your procedure, here are the steps I will do:

1. Download Win10586PESE-x64 v16.07.07 (new) ISO and burn to a DVD.

2. Place DVD in computer and power ON boot from DVD
    3. Run Macrium Reflect. Under the restore menu will be a utility to fix Windows startup problems. Try that utility to see if that restores booting to Windows 10
    4. When Windows startup utility finishes, remove DVD and power OFF computer
    5. Power ON and see if WIN 10 boots.
    6. If WIN 10 boots, check for normal operation, etc.
    7. If WIN 10 does not boot; re-install full WIN 7 disk image.
    8. Download and save Windows 10 ISO file tofolder on C:\ drive
    9. Down load and save:WinISO file on C:\ drive.
    10. Run and install WinISO according to http://www.winiso.com/support/tutorials/mount-iso-in-windows7.html" target="_blank" rel="noopener">
      [*]Run WinISO, open the Windows 10 ISO file stored on C:\. I assume there will be some type of BROWSE menu so you can select the Windows 10 ISO file?
      [*] Click "Mount" and a file menu of the files in the Windows 10 ISO file will appear.
      [*]Double click to Run setup.exe.from the WINDOWS 10 ISO file menu
      [*]This should upgrade your Windows 7 to Windows 10 - This same procedure as the “Free” upgrade from WIN 7 PRO to WIN 10 PRO. When finished WIN 10 PRO will be installed and ALL WIN 7 PRO program files, drivers, printers and data files from WIN 7 PRO will be available for use. To be explicit this is an install of WIN 10 PRO and a “TRANSFER/ UPGRADE of WIN 7 PRO program files, drivers, printers and data files. This is NOT a CLEAN INSTALL of WIN 10 PRO

JUST WANT TO MAKE MAKE SURE I UNDERSTAND THE EXPECTED RESULTS

1. The newly created WIN 10 PRO install should activate based upon your previously activated upgrade. I assume the setup program will access some Microsoft data base and find my previous activation?

Please excuse the long list, but I find it better to ask questions now, rather than try to unwind some misunderstanding later.

I do appreciate your time and support!

Thanks

krazykat tenf, Jun 22, 2021
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jun 22, 2021
  4. JB1954BN Win User

Win 10 pro new install

Dual booting with Win 10 Pro and Win 7 Pro

I'll be receiving a new computer with Win 10 Pro as my computer w/ Windows 7 Pro crashed. I'd like to take the hard drive with Windows 7 Pro and install it into the new one to have dual booting. Any problem doing that and what steps are needed? Thank
    you.

JB1954BN, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

Win 10 pro new install

1. Win 10 pro new install - Similar Threads - pro install

2. Error 0xC1900101-0x2000D when attempting to repair install Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error 0xC1900101-0x2000D when attempting to repair install Windows 10 Pro: Hi,Since a few months I had my PC randomly rebooting from time to time something akin 1 time over 10 days of usage but I didn't pay much attention to it until today when the system started hanging during boot sometimes stuck at Asus loading screen since my mobo is an Asus one...
  3. Error 0xC1900101-0x2000D when attempting to repair install Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0xC1900101-0x2000D when attempting to repair install Windows 10 Pro: Hi,Since a few months I had my PC randomly rebooting from time to time something akin 1 time over 10 days of usage but I didn't pay much attention to it until today when the system started hanging during boot sometimes stuck at Asus loading screen since my mobo is an Asus one...
  4. Error 0xC1900101-0x2000D when attempting to repair install Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't Activate Windows 11 Pro Key after doing clean install of Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Activate Windows 11 Pro Key after doing clean install of Windows: I can't activate Windows 11 Pro with the key that I purchased for it after doing a clean install of Windows. It remains stuck at Windows 11 Home Edition.Can someone assist?...
  6. Can't Activate Windows 11 Pro Key after doing clean install of Windows

Can't Activate Windows 11 Pro Key after doing clean install of Windows: I can't activate Windows 11 Pro with the key that I purchased for it after doing a clean install of Windows. It remains stuck at Windows 11 Home Edition.Can someone assist?...
  7. Windows 7 Pro w/SP1 x64 won't activate after new installation due to disc drive died.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Pro w/SP1 x64 won't activate after new installation due to disc drive died.: I have an old desktop computer that has had Windows 7 Pro x64 installed on it for years. I know Windows 7 is no longer supported. I use this computer for backups and data. The hardware is incompatible with newer Windows versions. The discdrive died. I've installed a new...
  8. Windows 7 Pro w/SP1 x64 won't activate after new installation due to disc drive died.

Windows 7 Pro w/SP1 x64 won't activate after new installation due to disc drive died.: I have an old desktop computer that has had Windows 7 Pro x64 installed on it for years. I know Windows 7 is no longer supported. I use this computer for backups and data. The hardware is incompatible with newer Windows versions. The discdrive died. I've installed a new...
  9. Window 10 pro installation

Window 10 pro installation: I have Dell laptop core-i7 8th generation, How to install windows 10 pro on my laptop , I try money times but I can’t .Please anyone can help with me.I downloaded about 7 windows ISO files but no one Is working on my laptop....
  10. Window 10 pro installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 10 pro installation: I have Dell laptop core-i7 8th generation, How to install windows 10 pro on my laptop , I try money times but I can’t .Please anyone can help with me.I downloaded about 7 windows ISO files but no one Is working on my laptop....