Windows 10: Win 10 Pro now has an extra account

Discus and support Win 10 Pro now has an extra account in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently purchased a new Dell with Win 10 installed. I chose to transfer files from my old Win 7 machine by restoring a backup from my external HDD.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BillPayne1, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Win 10 Pro now has an extra account

I recently purchased a new Dell with Win 10 installed. I chose to transfer files from my old Win 7 machine by restoring a backup from my external HDD. When I did this I now have three user folders on the C: drive (Administrator, Bill Payne and brpay). The brpay apparently was created when I restored to the new machine. All my files are in the Bill Payne folder.

When I login, I see two accounts, both with the same name. One requires a PIN, the other a password. I would like to delete the brpay folder and hopefully the associated account. Since I am the only user, it would also be nice to skip the PIN/password step on startup.

Any suggestions?

:)

BillPayne1, Nov 11, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Nov 11, 2019
  3. How do I get the key for win 10 pro?

Hi,

I upgraded from win 10 home edition to win 10 pro. I had to reformat my computer with the factory image restore. It installed the win 10 but I did not have key to upgrade to pro. I have the following information from my Microsoft account. How do I get the
    key for win 10 pro?

Here is my computer info where the win 10 pro got upgraded.

• DESKTOP-JP9JK4V
    • Dell Inc. XPS 8900
      • Serial #: 3R8F082

Thanks!

Syed Ahsan

Syed_Ahsan, Nov 11, 2019
  4. Zakin Win User

Win 10 Pro now has an extra account

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Win 10 Pro now has an extra account :(

Zakin, Nov 11, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 Pro now has an extra account

1. Win 10 Pro now has an extra account - Similar Threads - Pro has extra

2. my account has had an extra email added

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my account has had an extra email added: so, my account was working fine last night and then when i turned my pc on the next morning my computer said that it could not sign into onedrive. the password is now wrong. So, i tried to resign in on Xbox and then once i got the password wrong it said would you like to send...
  3. my account has had an extra email added

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my account has had an extra email added: so, my account was working fine last night and then when i turned my pc on the next morning my computer said that it could not sign into onedrive. the password is now wrong. So, i tried to resign in on Xbox and then once i got the password wrong it said would you like to send...
  4. Extra language on Windows 10 pro 21h1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extra language on Windows 10 pro 21h1: For some reason it has an extra language and prompts me to choose an input methodHow do I remove the option and the extra language since I don't need it...
  5. upgrade win 10 home local account to win 10 pro, with local account.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    upgrade win 10 home local account to win 10 pro, with local account.: I would like to know what options are available for upgrading my Win 10 Home, with local account, to Win 10 Pro, also with local account,. I'm looking for instructions that are suitable for the device remaining as a local account. Changing the device from a local account...
  6. Win 10 Pro account management

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Pro account management: hi, all -- I just bought my wife a new Dell laptop with Win 10 Pro installed. She has signed in as herself, with her email address. This first account has admin privileges. How do I create a second USER account for her? Win 10 does not permit the same email address on...
  7. user account now has a .000 extension after lateset win 10 update

user account now has a .000 extension after lateset win 10 update: Alot of people are having this problem.Is there a fix for the new update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account-now-has-a-000-extension-after-lateset/5d125eac-13ce-4011-b82b-8a4dafa8f23c
  8. Bought Win 10 Pro, but laptop now says Win 10 Enterprise.

Bought Win 10 Pro, but laptop now says Win 10 Enterprise.: I just bought a new laptop. When it arrived I did all the updates then went to the microsoft store and upgraded to Windows 10 Professional from (Win 10 Home that came installed on the computer.) Everything seemed to go smoothly. Then I installed Office 365 (transferring...
  9. Purchased win 10 pro upgrade, now not activated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Purchased win 10 pro upgrade, now not activated: I purchased a new HP laptop 4 days ago with win 10 home. Yesterday I purchased win 10 pro upgrade from win store. when i rebooted today system says not activated. Troubleshooter error is 0x803F7001. Trouble shooter can't fix, please help. Michael...
  10. Win 10 latest update has created an extra drive partion.

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 latest update has created an extra drive partion.: OK so I received the update on my clean install of win 10 on my split Intel NVME SSD. Just went to do a Macrium image backup and discovered that the update has created an extra partition on my drive. Although small it is stealing space from my second partition that I save the...