Windows 10: Win 10 Pro PC failed to shut down / hibernate

Discus and support Win 10 Pro PC failed to shut down / hibernate in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Dear Sir,When I press hibernate or shut down button at the power button, the pc only going into those actions for 2 seconds, after that it restart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Mr. Low, Nov 30, 2021.

1. Mr. Low Win User

Win 10 Pro PC failed to shut down / hibernate

Dear Sir,When I press hibernate or shut down button at the power button, the pc only going into those actions for 2 seconds, after that it restart again.There is no open program or unsave files during the shut down or hoibernatioon.I have done a fresh reinstallation of the software recently, but the problem still persist.The solutions from Google Search at the wen dors not fix the isssue.Appreciatate professional advise from MS forum to fix the issue.Thank you Low

:)

Mr. Low, Nov 30, 2021
  2. claylomax Win User

Shutting down, hibernating, or sleeping?

Speaking of ... I just built a new PC with an AMD Kaveri and Windows 7 64 and the option sleep is greyed out, I get shut down and hibernate; it's funny, on my PC (see specs) I get sleep and shut down not hibernate. I tried the bios but I'm clueless. Any ideas?

claylomax, Nov 30, 2021
  3. "Shutting Down" to "Hibernate"

Hi,

Thank you for responding.

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Check for the device drivers status in Device Manager.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Check if any of the drivers have warning message(Yellow triangle with exclamatory mark).

Step 2: Start the computer in Safe mode, try to shutdown and check if the sleep mode/ hibernate is working fine.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Try the above and reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 30, 2021
  4. Ernie San Win User

hibernate, but shuts down

Hello,

We suggest to manually setup hibernation on your computer. You may follow the steps below:

• Right-click on your desktop and select Personalize.
    • Click Lock screen>Screen saver settings>Change power settings>Choose what the power buttons do.

• Change the settings When I press the power button, click
      hibernate.
    • Click Save changes.
    Keep us posted.

Regards.

Ernie San, Nov 30, 2021
Thema:

1. Win 10 Pro PC failed to shut down / hibernate - Similar Threads - Pro failed shut

2. shut down and hibernate not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shut down and hibernate not working: my notebook computer. when I shun down or hibernate, the screen will dark a few seconds and then turn to light. for solve the problem, I have reinstalled in USB flash drive but invalid. I try to turn off fast startup follow advice on Internet. In Administrator cmd, I'm run...
  3. shut down and hibernate not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    shut down and hibernate not working: my notebook computer. when I shun down or hibernate, the screen will dark a few seconds and then turn to light. for solve the problem, I have reinstalled in USB flash drive but invalid. I try to turn off fast startup follow advice on Internet. In Administrator cmd, I'm run...
  4. Win 10 Pro PC failed to shut down / hibernate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 Pro PC failed to shut down / hibernate: Dear Sir,When I press hibernate or shut down button at the power button, the pc only going into those actions for 2 seconds, after that it restart again.There is no open program or unsave files during the shut down or hoibernatioon.I have done a fresh reinstallation of the...
  5. Win 10 Pro PC failed to shut down / hibernate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 Pro PC failed to shut down / hibernate: Dear Sir,When I press hibernate or shut down button at the power button, the pc only going into those actions for 2 seconds, after that it restart again.There is no open program or unsave files during the shut down or hoibernatioon.I have done a fresh reinstallation of the...
  6. Windows 10 won't shut down or hibernate

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 won't shut down or hibernate: I've been turning my PC off by holding down the power button for months because it refuses to shut down or hibernate the normal way. I've seen people with similar issues fix theirs by disabling some fast startup setting but this hasn't worked for me. I hope you guys have...
  7. Hibernation shuts down the PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hibernation shuts down the PC: Everytime I click on hibernate, instead of hibernating, it immediately and instantly shuts down the PC and next time I open up, I have to open all apps. It just goes OFF instantly The power plan settings hard disk turn off is set to 0 as advised. This happened after may 2020...
  8. Windows 10 won't shut down or hibernate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 won't shut down or hibernate: A while ago I was testing out another OS (Linux to be specific) and dual-booting it with my Windows 10. I decided to erase Linux and in doing so, I faced an error starting up windows: "Reboot and Select proper Boot device...". I rebooted many times and changed BIOS boot...
  9. win 10 starts then pc shuts down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win 10 starts then pc shuts down: I boot up the pc win 10 starts loading then pc shuts down restarts power light on no indicator light,the screen shows no signal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-starts-then-pc-shuts-down/f62a0561-6b6b-41d0-8823-3865a3a2950e
  10. HIbernate or shut down?

in Windows 10 Support
    HIbernate or shut down?: I've always had the practice of shutting down my home pc/laptop before going to bed. I always used the hibernate option throughout the day while I"m working on it/them. A lot of my friends had their hard drives crashed and always used the hibernate option. This despite the...