Windows 10: Win 10 Pro: post-January 13 malfunctions related to display refreshes

Discus and support Win 10 Pro: post-January 13 malfunctions related to display refreshes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This is a bug report, not a request for help. I run Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19041. Windows update history lists updates installed on my machine Jan 13... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by pederg21, Jan 24, 2021.

1. pederg21 Win User

Win 10 Pro: post-January 13 malfunctions related to display refreshes

This is a bug report, not a request for help.

I run Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19041. Windows update history lists updates installed on my machine Jan 13 and Jan 22, and it tells me that a new update is waiting 20H2. I will install that shortly.

Both Chrome and Opera browsers give identical symptoms. Often but not always, when I click on a link, or open a new tab, or try to page up/down within an already displayed page, what is displayed does not change or in some cases a totally grey field fills the browser tab.

Perhaps Microsoft knows what's going on, but I could not find any evidence of that in a few minutes searching. Yes, I realize that there are other possible explanations for the behavior, but having demonstrated the same behavior in two different browsers - both kept up to date automatically - I think that it's either Windows 10 Pro or my hardware. Although I find Windows 10 Pro pretty reliable, I'll put more faith in my hardware at this point than I will in recently updated Windows 10 Pro. Windows has seen more updates than usual during the past 4 months; it seems to be going through some growing pains.

This behavior is new. It began sometime between Jan 13 and Jan 22, wish I could pin it down better but you know how it goes.

I have one workaround that is irksome but usually works: I switch to a different Windows desktop then back, and this usually forces display of the expected content in the browser tab.

:)

pederg21, Jan 24, 2021
  2. Dave xxx Win User

Sleep mode broken (Win 10 Pro x64)

In December I upgraded a desktop (Intel i7-3770K 16Gb/Gigabyte Technology &SSD) from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro, but since 12 January the computer will not wake from sleep mode (power button needed to reboot).

There were no problems with sleep mode under Win 7; there were 2 Windows updates on 12 January: Windows Defender Antivirus KB2267602 & Microsoft.YourPhone

The following steps have offered no improvement (Win 10 v 1909 18363.592):

i) Advanced Power Settings: PCI Express - change from 'Moderate Power Savings' to 'Off''
    ii) CMD (admin): powercfg -h off
    iii) Uninstalled Phone App: PowerShell (admin) Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.YourPhone* -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage
    iv) Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool run - No errors detected
    v) Windows drivers appear up to date

Any suggestions for a remedy would be much appreciated.

Dave xxx, Jan 24, 2021
  3. BSOD related to webcam malfunction

Win 10 Pro: post-January 13 malfunctions related to display refreshes [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

ricecrispies, Jan 24, 2021
  4. SJSNJ Win User

Win 10 File Explorer will not refresh without f5

New computer - Win 10 File Explorer will not refresh. Running Windows 10 Pro, Version 1703, OS Build 15063.296

Have tried suggestions on Community and none work. Very frustrating.

SJSNJ, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

1. Win 10 Pro: post-January 13 malfunctions related to display refreshes - Similar Threads - Pro post January

2. Crash/Malfunction of Laptop Display; Cannot change brightness of screen, change refresh...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crash/Malfunction of Laptop Display; Cannot change brightness of screen, change refresh...: My "Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 15ACH6" laptop is malfunctioning, I seem to have encountered a crash of some display system. I was using Steam a videogame library and launcher when my screen went black and stopped responding. I powered down the computer, then powered it back up....
  3. Crash/Malfunction of Laptop Display; Cannot change brightness of screen, change refresh...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crash/Malfunction of Laptop Display; Cannot change brightness of screen, change refresh...: My "Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 15ACH6" laptop is malfunctioning, I seem to have encountered a crash of some display system. I was using Steam a videogame library and launcher when my screen went black and stopped responding. I powered down the computer, then powered it back up....
  4. Updates for January Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates for January Win 10: So, as well as pestering Win 10 Users to Upgrade to Win 11, you didn't send out January Updates! I had to notice what was new on Win 11 and go to the Update Catalog. I'll be buying a new pc soon, but don't enjoy this don't-give-a-darn attitude towards Win 10 Support....
  5. Updates for January Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates for January Win 10: So, as well as pestering Win 10 Users to Upgrade to Win 11, you didn't send out January Updates! I had to notice what was new on Win 11 and go to the Update Catalog. I'll be buying a new pc soon, but don't enjoy this don't-give-a-darn attitude towards Win 10 Support....
  6. Updates for January Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. LONG post about a perfect storm of Win 10 Pro crashes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    LONG post about a perfect storm of Win 10 Pro crashes: Don't know what happened but the spacing on this post kept getting screwed up - sorry.2 weeks ago I signed up with a VPN may be total coincidence and installed the app. Within 20 minutes of running that I got my first ever BSOD on this installation of Win 10 Pro new install 1...
  8. Not exactly Win 10 related -but....

in Windows 10 Support
    Not exactly Win 10 related -but....: Hi, First, apologies if this is not the appropriate forum for this question...... I have a text file with a long list of Song Titles and they are in random Alphabetical order. It is a 'pure' text file with each entry on a separate line with no formatting. I would like to...
  9. Problem related to malfunctioning of shift keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem related to malfunctioning of shift keys: The shift key is'nt working for some of the keys like zxcv and tags. One of my shift key the right one has also stopped working. the left key starts working fine while using sticky keys....
  10. BSOD related to webcam malfunction

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD related to webcam malfunction: My webcam no longer functions, and when I leave the Camera app running I get a BSOD after a few minutes. Here is the output of V2 Log Collector ZEBEDEE-(2020-02-06_23-28-40).zip and here is the core dump .020620-11796-01.zip I am using Windows 10 version 1909. 150051