Windows 10: Win 10 Pro power issue

Discus and support Win 10 Pro power issue in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My desktop monitor does not go off at selected time. Running Windows 10 Pro 1909 OS Build 18863.535 I've ran Windows SFC and it reported no errors or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by 72westy, Dec 12, 2019.

1. 72westy Win User

Win 10 Pro power issue

My desktop monitor does not go off at selected time. Running Windows 10 Pro 1909 OS Build 18863.535

I've ran Windows SFC and it reported no errors or issues.

I've made sure the power settings are restored to default under power options. No luck. Funny thing is it was working the other day.

I've removed all USB devices and tested. No luck

Energy report:

file:///C:/Windows/System32/energy-report.html

System specs:

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 (Award BIOS F10 latest)

Core i7 3770K

32GB DDR3 G-Skill Trident X CL 7-8-8-24

Asus RX 570 OC 4GB DDR5 (drivers 19.12.1)

Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer

LG Blue Ray DL

1TB Crucial MX500 SSD

1TB RAW Mushkin SSD

1TB Hitachi SATA3 7200rpm

1TB WD Black SATA3 7200rpm

Antec 650w PSU

Rosewill Mid Tower Challenger

:)

72westy, Dec 12, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 power issue

Hi Adithyaram,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps bellow and check if it helps

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with power. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Power.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Power troubleshooter

Method 2: I suggest you to update drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer website. Both Display
    driver and Audio drivers.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Dec 12, 2019
  3. power issue

Hello,

Most of the time, this issue is caused by external devices that are possibly keeping the PC active which then results in the screen/display not turning off even after you've set the power settings. Try disconnecting any external devices, usually gaming devices,
    and check if the issue persists.

We also suggest running the Power troubleshooter to automatically troubleshoot any power issue. Just follow the steps below:

• Click on Search/Cortana, and then type Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Dec 12, 2019
  4. Win 10 Pro power issue

Reloading - retrieving my installed WIN 10 PRO

Thanks for the quick and detail response. Just to make sure I understand your procedure, here are the steps I will do:

1. Download Win10586PESE-x64 v16.07.07 (new) ISO and burn to a DVD.

2. Place DVD in computer and power ON boot from DVD
    3. Run Macrium Reflect. Under the restore menu will be a utility to fix Windows startup problems. Try that utility to see if that restores booting to Windows 10
    4. When Windows startup utility finishes, remove DVD and power OFF computer
    5. Power ON and see if WIN 10 boots.
    6. If WIN 10 boots, check for normal operation, etc.
    7. If WIN 10 does not boot; re-install full WIN 7 disk image.
    8. Download and save Windows 10 ISO file tofolder on C:\ drive
    9. Down load and save:WinISO file on C:\ drive.
    10. Run and install WinISO according to http://www.winiso.com/support/tutorials/mount-iso-in-windows7.html" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">
      [*]Run WinISO, open the Windows 10 ISO file stored on C:\. I assume there will be some type of BROWSE menu so you can select the Windows 10 ISO file?
      [*] Click "Mount" and a file menu of the files in the Windows 10 ISO file will appear.
      [*]Double click to Run setup.exe.from the WINDOWS 10 ISO file menu
      [*]This should upgrade your Windows 7 to Windows 10 - This same procedure as the “Free” upgrade from WIN 7 PRO to WIN 10 PRO. When finished WIN 10 PRO will be installed and ALL WIN 7 PRO program files, drivers, printers and data files from WIN 7 PRO will be available for use. To be explicit this is an install of WIN 10 PRO and a “TRANSFER/ UPGRADE of WIN 7 PRO program files, drivers, printers and data files. This is NOT a CLEAN INSTALL of WIN 10 PRO

JUST WANT TO MAKE MAKE SURE I UNDERSTAND THE EXPECTED RESULTS

1. The newly created WIN 10 PRO install should activate based upon your previously activated upgrade. I assume the setup program will access some Microsoft data base and find my previous activation?

Please excuse the long list, but I find it better to ask questions now, rather than try to unwind some misunderstanding later.

I do appreciate your time and support!

Thanks

krazykat tenf, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 Pro power issue

1. Win 10 Pro power issue - Similar Threads - Pro power issue

2. Win 10 Pro Activation Issues

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Pro Activation Issues: My OH bought a new Dell OptiPlex in late January, runningWin 10 Pro. It was delivered early in February and all seemed fine. Then, itneeded a new motherboard. This was at the end of February. All was running perfectly until yesterday morning, when Windows10 Pro let us know...
  3. Win 10 - power issues in shutdown and hibernate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10 - power issues in shutdown and hibernate: Hello community My laptop has been having below described issues for over 6 months. I have uploaded the system data. Kindly refer and assist to resolve the issue. What happens: Below are the issues experienced, though randomly but occurs frequently. Sleep - unable to...
  4. Upgrading to Win 10 pro issues

Upgrading to Win 10 pro issues: I cannot upgrade to Win 10 Pro, even though I have purchased the upgrades for both Pro and Pro For Workstations. I have purchased the following upgrades: Windows 10 Pro August 27, 2017 Windows 10 Pro for Workstations on March 18, 2018 Every time when I reinstall windows...
  5. Win 10 Pro issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 Pro issue: When copying files to a folder, if there is a file in the destination folder with the same name as the source file, Windows used to bring up a Copy File dialogue box that offered three options: 'Copy and Replace', 'Don't Copy', or 'Copy and Rename'. I am now using Windows...
  6. Win 10 Home to Pro Upgrade issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Home to Pro Upgrade issue: So I want to upgrade my PC from Win 10 Home to Pro but I got this error message: This upgrade path is not supported. Please close Setup and re-launch from the root of the media or go back and pick a different installation choice What does this mean and how do i solve it?...
  7. Log on as a service issue Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Log on as a service issue Win 10 Pro: Hello I m strugling to add back NT Service\All Services to Log on as a service in Local Group Policy Editor. Have searched the whole Bing and Google but most issues are related to Server not windows 10 that is why i decided to create a discussion. I have took a screenshot...
  8. Win 10 Pro issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Pro issue: When I attempt to shutdown the PC by choosing 'shutdown' from the start menu it will appear to shutdown but then start again. I've tried many of the so called fixes and none correct the issue. Got frustrated and wiped my drives clean (all 4 of them) and guess what? The...
  9. Win 10 Home to Pro Upgrade issue

Win 10 Home to Pro Upgrade issue: I have a brand new computer with Windows 10 Home that I want to upgrade to Pro. I went through the Microsoft Store, searched Windows 10 Pro, clicked Upgrade, paid the $99, and then clicked Install. But after the restart, my System dialog shows that I have a non-genuine...
  10. Bluetooth issue win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth issue win 10 Pro: I have a company laptop wher bluetooth worked until a week or so ago when Bluetooth stopped working I checked and attempted to update drivers with no change when I look in device manager Bluetooth is under Hidden devices with the following appearance [ATTACH]...