Windows 10: WIN 10 Pro 'Program Files/ModifiableWindowsApps' folders not on C:

Discus and support WIN 10 Pro 'Program Files/ModifiableWindowsApps' folders not on C: in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I always check my disks for empty folders [Glary] I have found TWO instances of "Program Files/ModifiableWindowsApps" folders on Both C: [System] and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sysmac49, Jun 2, 2021.

1. sysmac49 Win User

WIN 10 Pro 'Program Files/ModifiableWindowsApps' folders not on C:

I always check my disks for empty folders [Glary] I have found TWO instances of "Program Files/ModifiableWindowsApps" folders on Both C: [System] and on my Data drive D: On D: I used Take Ownership and deleted "Program Files/ModifiableWindowsApps" folders. Checked 2 mins later and back. On C: original untouched, with older date, probably WIN Update Obviously as D:\Program Files/ModifiableWindowsApps are empty, not a real issue. Is there an "alias or link" in original on C: Please see attached. Thanks in advance Jason - ex VMS / ICL / IBM WIN 10 Pro 'Program Files/ModifiableWindowsApps' folders not on C: :)

:)

sysmac49, Jun 2, 2021

2. Anyone else have a 'ModifiableWindowsApps' folder?

I've just noticed a folder I've never seen before in my Program Files folder called ModifiableWindowsApps and just wanna know if anyone else has this folder.

There is also a principal listing in its security tab for a:
    Account Unknown(S-1-15-3-1024-3635283841-2530182609-996808640-1887759898-3848208603-3313616867-983405619-2501854204)

that I have no idea what it is suppose to mean.

Running Windows 10 Pr0 64-bit version 1903 (18362.175)

mTaylor0248603, Jun 2, 2021
  3. unable to delete D:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps

I'm unable to delete - D:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps folder which is empty. windows don't allow me to delete it. I have tried to change permission but that also not done. I
    have also tried to delete by starting pc in safe mode.

Please let me know how to delete it.

ParekhShailesh, Jun 2, 2021
  4. WIN 10 Pro 'Program Files/ModifiableWindowsApps' folders not on C:

Anyone else have a 'ModifiableWindowsApps' folder?

I have the folder, but it is empty:

WIN 10 Pro 'Program Files/ModifiableWindowsApps' folders not on C: [​IMG]

I have this as well:

Account Unknown(S-1-15-3-1024-3635283841-2530182609-996808640-1887759898-3848208603-3313616867-983405619-2501854204)

On a side note, what made you want to investigate its security status?

EyeInTheSky, Jun 2, 2021
Thema:

WIN 10 Pro 'Program Files/ModifiableWindowsApps' folders not on C:

1. WIN 10 Pro 'Program Files/ModifiableWindowsApps' folders not on C: - Similar Threads - Pro 'Program Files

2. Trying to delete HaloMCC from ModifiableWindowsApps in Program Files but it wont uninstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to delete HaloMCC from ModifiableWindowsApps in Program Files but it wont uninstall: I've gone into the Xbox app and uninstalled it there and it seemed to uninstall, but after looking at my files, I still have the HaloMCC folder taking up 151GB and I want to uninstall it so I can get some free space in my drive. I've checked the folder for an Uninstall exe to...
  3. Windows 10 - ModifiableWindowsApps Folder keeps resetting permission

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - ModifiableWindowsApps Folder keeps resetting permission: Path: F:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps Effect: It disable the inheritance of the entire 'Program Files' folder and sub folders, virtually locking me out of any modification (creating new files/folder ...) Methods I've tried: 1st Method: I tried using the 'Take...
  4. unable to delete D:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to delete D:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps: I'm unable to delete - D:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps folder which is empty. windows don't allow me to delete it. I have tried to change permission but that also not done. I have also tried to delete by starting pc in safe mode. Please let me know how to delete it....
  5. deleting files and folders from C:\Program Files\WindowsApps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    deleting files and folders from C:\Program Files\WindowsApps: Hi, I'm trying to delete app data from this folder that relates to apps which are no longer on my laptop. I uninstalled these apps a long time ago and their files are still showing in this folder. To delete the files, I'm having to change the permissions on every single...
  6. ModifiableWindowsApps folder nightmare help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ModifiableWindowsApps folder nightmare help: I installed Xbox Beta App on my D: drive while Windows 10 was installed on C:. It made like 5 folders and among them a Program Files folder containing a ModifiableWindowsApp folder. In my attempts to delete this folder I reinstalled Windows on drive C: while deleting...
  7. ModifiableWindowsApps folder shows up in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    ModifiableWindowsApps folder shows up in Windows 10: A Windows Update, Microsoft Store or a game update has added a new folder called ModifableWindowsApps to the Program Files. The folder contains data of certain PC games and it is associated with PC games modding functionality. According to UWP guidelines document, the...
  8. How To Change Protection to the Program Files folder in Win 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How To Change Protection to the Program Files folder in Win 10: There is a C:\Program Files\ folder and I am using Win 10. I created a Sub folder called SS (i.e. C:\Program Files\SS\ ) and I want users to add data and make changes to data in that folder. I am unable to makes changes to the security like those on the C: drive....
  9. Anyone else have a 'ModifiableWindowsApps' folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone else have a 'ModifiableWindowsApps' folder?: I've just noticed a folder I've never seen before in my Program Files folder called ModifiableWindowsApps and just wanna know if anyone else has this folder. There is also a principal listing in its security tab for a: Account...
  10. Is win 10 file/folder structure the same as Win 7 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Is win 10 file/folder structure the same as Win 7 Pro: Just set up or second Win 10 system...intact, activated and operating. Now...I have all photos-doces-etc from old Win 7 Pro on an Acronis 2013 image file Question is...to restore doc-photos etc to new 10 setup...will all "folders" match according ly to the Win 10 and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com