Windows 10: Win 10 Pro retail license transfer product key

Discus and support Win 10 Pro retail license transfer product key in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I had a retail license of Windows 10 Pro upgraded from a retail license of Windows 7 Professional years ago on an HP PC that recently died. When the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KBaldwin, Jan 19, 2022.

1. KBaldwin Win User

Win 10 Pro retail license transfer product key

I had a retail license of Windows 10 Pro upgraded from a retail license of Windows 7 Professional years ago on an HP PC that recently died. When the replacement an LG PC arrived, I transferred the Win 10 Pro image from the HP to the LG, using Macrium Reflect. However, the product key reported by the HP system before the transfer doesn't match the product key reported by the LG system after the transfer. Which product key is correct, and do I need to do something with Microsoft to ensure that its record of the license info is correct?

:)

KBaldwin, Jan 19, 2022
  2. pcuaron Win User

Upgrade from Home to Pro by transferring a retail license

Thanks for all the replies! I'm operating under these assumptions: HOW do I transfer windows (retail license) after upgrading to Windows - Windows 10 Forums by which the licence in question would be transferable.

I don't have the install disk because I bought the .iso. I do have the original MSFT emails with the product keys. But I think NavyLCDR is right, I'll try first to upgrade using the Windows 8 product key. Then I'll contact MSFT. If that fails, I'll try with NavyLCDR's second suggestion. If everything else fails, I think I'm gonna use sinful activation methods. I don't feel like paying again for a full licence.

S

pcuaron, Jan 19, 2022
  3. davidhk Win User
    Upgrade from Home to Pro by transferring a retail license

pcuron,
    1. You do NOT have a Win 10 Pro license. You have a retail Win 8 (Pro ?) license which you used to upgrade to Win 10 Pro in your stolen laptop.
    2. Even with a Retail license, the same rule applies ....... one key, one install.
    Your Win 8 Pro retail key is tied up to your stolen laptop. You can NOT use the same key to install in another
    computer.

That's how I understand it.
    If I am wrong, I am sure someone will correct me.

davidhk, Jan 19, 2022
  4. Win 10 Pro retail license transfer product key

licensing and transferring win 8 pro retail key account to totally new system

Hi,

Good day to you.

Planning to get a new system. And like to check if i can transfer my win 8 pro
    retail key account to totally new system on win 10 pro.

My win 8 pro key has been upgraded to win 10 pro which i am using now.Will i be able to transfer it to new system on win 10 as mentioned earlier.

Chang WenTay, Jan 19, 2022
Thema:

Win 10 Pro retail license transfer product key

1. Win 10 Pro retail license transfer product key - Similar Threads - Pro retail license

2. Retail license transfer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Retail license transfer: Hi, I just changed to a completely different PC. I want my Windows 11 Pro license on the new one. What should I do? It is a retail key, I checked with command prompt and some commands I don't remember now....
  3. Retail license transfer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Retail license transfer: Hi, I just changed to a completely different PC. I want my Windows 11 Pro license on the new one. What should I do? It is a retail key, I checked with command prompt and some commands I don't remember now....
  4. Question Regarding Windows 10 Pro Retail License Transfer

Question Regarding Windows 10 Pro Retail License Transfer: I will soon will be be transferring my Win 10 Pro retail license from an old custom computer to a new computer build. Once the license is transferred, will I still have access to personal files on the old computer to transfer via a USB or portable drive. It may take some time...
  5. Win 10 Pro retail license transfer product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Pro retail license transfer product key: I had a retail license of Windows 10 Pro upgraded from a retail license of Windows 7 Professional years ago on an HP PC that recently died. When the replacement an LG PC arrived, I transferred the Win 10 Pro image from the HP to the LG, using Macrium Reflect. However, the...
  6. Win 10 Pro retail license transfer product key

Win 10 Pro retail license transfer product key: I had a retail license of Windows 10 Pro upgraded from a retail license of Windows 7 Professional years ago on an HP PC that recently died. When the replacement an LG PC arrived, I transferred the Win 10 Pro image from the HP to the LG, using Macrium Reflect. However, the...
  7. Transfer Windows 10 retail licenses between machines upgraded Win 8 Pro & Win 10

Transfer Windows 10 retail licenses between machines upgraded Win 8 Pro & Win 10: I currently have two machines running with different editions of Windows 10.Machine 1 uses an upgraded Windows 8 Pro retail license, machine 2 a Windows 10 non-Pro retail license.As more and more hardware components of machine 1 are dying, I plan to replace it by a newer...
  8. Transfer a retail W10 Pro product key to a new PC.

Transfer a retail W10 Pro product key to a new PC.: Purchased retail W10 Pro in April. Installed in a VM in Hyper-V for screenshots. Disabled the VM. Now want to upgrade a new W10 Home PC. product key "didn't work."...
  9. licensing and transferring win 8 pro retail key account to totally new system

licensing and transferring win 8 pro retail key account to totally new system: Hi, Good day to you. Planning to get a new system. And like to check if i can transfer my win 8 proretail key account to totally new system on win 10 pro. My win 8 pro key has been upgraded to win 10 pro which i am using now.Will i be able to transfer it to new system on...
  10. How To Transfer Retail Windows 10 License Key

How To Transfer Retail Windows 10 License Key: I'm building a new computer and would like to transfer my RETAIL Windows 10 license key to the new computer. However, I don't have my Windows key anymore. How can I transfer that key to the new computer?...