Windows 10: Win 10 Pro Sandbox would not work on a hard drive formatted with GPT

Discus and support Win 10 Pro Sandbox would not work on a hard drive formatted with GPT in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; HiI have three pc's with win10 pro and I can get Sandbox to work fine on two of them and both of those have the hard drives formatted as MBR. The other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by dandm2015, Jun 4, 2023.

1. dandm2015 Win User

Win 10 Pro Sandbox would not work on a hard drive formatted with GPT

HiI have three pc's with win10 pro and I can get Sandbox to work fine on two of them and both of those have the hard drives formatted as MBR. The other PC, which is my personal one is formatted with GP and will not allow Sandbox to start, getting the standard message "Windows Sandbox. No hypervisor was found ..." I tried various fixes but to no avail. I then did a clean install on a spare test drive that was the GPT format but Sandbox still wouldn't work. I then did another clean instal on a disk formatted as MBR disk in the same PC and Sandbox worked fine. I then decided to try and prove the

:)

dandm2015, Jun 4, 2023
  2. DeniseJM Win User

Problem formatting hard drive in Windows 10

I installed another hard drive. I went into Disk Management to format it. Disk Management asked me if I wanted to format it to GPT or MBR. I wasn't sure so I closed the box, opened a new tab and looked up to see what I should do. I found that I should
    format it as GPT. When I went back to Disk Management, the option to format the hard drive was no longer available by right clicking on the hard drive. I opened a new tab and found and did this:

Backup all your data and then use the DISKPART command.

• Open command prompt and type in DISKPART and press Enter
    • Then type in list disk (Note down the number of the disk that you want to convert to GPT)
    • Then type in select disknumber of disk
    • Finally, type in convert gpt.
    It said that the disk was converted to gpt.

In Disk Management, the hard drive doesn't show up in the top panel where it lists all my hard drives. In the bottom panel, it says that the disk is Unallocated.

I rebooted by computer but it wouldn't go any further than a black screen that says that it's Verifying something. I waited about 5 minutes and it never went any further. I pressed reset, disconnected the hard drive and my computer booted back up to Windows.
    I then reconnected the drive with Windows booted up, went into Disk Management, and again the drive is not listed in the top panel and in the bottom panel, it's still listed as Unallocated.

What do I do now?

DeniseJM, Jun 4, 2023
  3. Mechanical Hard Drive A:\

Proceed with the steps I gave you to test the hard drive to know for sure it's condition.

If it passes wipe it and try formatting as suggested. If it fails initializing as MBR then try GPT (for data).

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jun 4, 2023
  4. Win 10 Pro Sandbox would not work on a hard drive formatted with GPT

install win 10 on gpt partition

is there a way to install win 10 pro onto a gpt partitioned hard drive?

bobwhiteor, Jun 4, 2023
Thema:

Win 10 Pro Sandbox would not work on a hard drive formatted with GPT

1. Win 10 Pro Sandbox would not work on a hard drive formatted with GPT - Similar Threads - Pro Sandbox hard

2. Win 10 Pro Sandbox would not work on a hard drive formatted with GPT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 Pro Sandbox would not work on a hard drive formatted with GPT: HiI have three pc's with win10 pro and I can get Sandbox to work fine on two of them and both of those have the hard drives formatted as MBR. The other PC, which is my personal one is formatted with GP and will not allow Sandbox to start, getting the standard message "Windows...
  3. Win 10 Pro Sandbox would not work on a hard drive formatted with GPT

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Pro Sandbox would not work on a hard drive formatted with GPT: HiI have three pc's with win10 pro and I can get Sandbox to work fine on two of them and both of those have the hard drives formatted as MBR. The other PC, which is my personal one is formatted with GP and will not allow Sandbox to start, getting the standard message "Windows...
  4. Formating a hard drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Formating a hard drive.: I want to format my Intel hard drive so I can have a clean reinstall of Windows 10 but I can't format it because the drive I am trying to format is where Windows 10 is and I am using Windows 10 to try to format it. I have looked up every possible way to do this but I still...
  5. Formating Hard Drives

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Formating Hard Drives: I want to format my Intel hard drive so I can have a clean reinstall of Windows 10 but I can't format it because the drive I am trying to format is where Windows 10 is and I am using Windows 10 to try to format it. I have looked up every possible way to do this but I still...
  6. Format hard drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Format hard drive: I cannot do updates because I am out of disk space but I cannot figure out how to free up disk space. I've deleted all unneeded program files and want to just reformat the hard drive. The option to reformat is grayed out, however. Sometimes the laptop will give me a gray...
  7. Hard Disk Converted to GPT format

Hard Disk Converted to GPT format: I have DELL inspiron 5558 With windwos 8.1 and upgraded to windows 10. Recently i wanted windows 7 and for that i shrink my E drive and from DVD tried to install Windows 7 on that 50 GB unallocated space. But it was showing me that you cant install OS on Windows Cannot...
  8. NTFS formatted hard drive reads in XP, not in Win 7 or Win 10

NTFS formatted hard drive reads in XP, not in Win 7 or Win 10: I'm trying to help a friend. Here is his problem: I have a 1T external hard drive full of mp3's. My winxp computer will recognize and play the files. However if I use a win 7 or win 10 computer I get the message that "this drive needs to be formatted. The volume does...
  9. Format mbr external drive to gpt

Format mbr external drive to gpt: I was recently instructed how to format a GPT external drive to MBR.It was 4 terabytes and now is only 2 terabytes.I understand why because it was explained on this site.What I would like to know is can I format it back to MBR so I can get the 4 terabytes back.Hope I...
  10. Win 10 pro MBR TO GPT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 pro MBR TO GPT: I,m sorry if this has been posted before . I managed to secure erase my Samsung evo 850 m.2 250GB SSD then reinstalled windows using the official Microsoft tool . I don't know how but the disc is now MBR so wont allow me to use secure boot UEFI . I understand that the disc...