Windows 10: Win 10 Pro search bar "Type here to search" not working

Discus and support Win 10 Pro search bar "Type here to search" not working in Cortana to solve the problem; I can type a query into the search bar, and it gives me options to click on. Regardless of what I click on a large search window appears briefly... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by group 0, Jun 30, 2019.

1. group 0 Win User

Win 10 Pro search bar "Type here to search" not working

I can type a query into the search bar,

and it gives me options to click on. Regardless of what I click on a large search window appears briefly then closes. Ideas?

:)

group 0, Jun 30, 2019
  2. John Ado Win User
    John Ado, Jun 30, 2019
  3. fussybob Win User
    IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Jun 30, 2019
  4. Win 10 Pro search bar "Type here to search" not working

Typing in the search bar no longer works (Fall Creator's Update)

Hi Jennifer,

A corrupted operating system is one of possible causes why Windows search is not working properly. To isolate your concern, kindly answer the following:

• When you say "I can't open a simple command prompt", are you not able to access the Command prompt when you press Windows key + X?
    • Have are the specific troubleshooting steps that you have done so far? Have you tried SFC scan and DISM?

According to some users who have got stuck in Windows search not working after Windows 10 Creators Update or can’t type in Windows 10 search box malfunction, the missing language bar may the culprit, causing the Windows 10 taskbar search problems

1. Press Win + R to open the Run command.

2. Copy or type the command "C:\Windows\system32\ctfmon.exe" in the Run box and then click Enter to bring back the language bar.

Win 10 Pro search bar "Type here to search" not working windows-search-bar-not-working.jpg

Then the language bar should be back and you can type in Windows search, Start menu, Cortana search and use them to find Windows 10 apps as normal as before.

We are looking forward to your response.

Raymond Ave, Jun 30, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 Pro search bar "Type here to search" not working

1. Win 10 Pro search bar "Type here to search" not working - Similar Threads - Pro search bar

2. Win 10 Search bar's text automatically renaming from "Type here to search" to just "Search"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 Search bar's text automatically renaming from "Type here to search" to just "Search": Hi. I have recently been facing this problem with my copy of Windows 10 21H2, the search bar's example text used to be "Type here to search" but then it suddenly got renamed to just "Search". I tried renaming it back to 'Type here to search' using the registry settings and...
  3. Win 10 Search bar's text automatically renaming from "Type here to search" to just "Search"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 Search bar's text automatically renaming from "Type here to search" to just "Search": Hi. I have recently been facing this problem with my copy of Windows 10 21H2, the search bar's example text used to be "Type here to search" but then it suddenly got renamed to just "Search". I tried renaming it back to 'Type here to search' using the registry settings and...
  4. Win 10 Search bar's text automatically renaming from "Type here to search" to just "Search"

in Cortana
  5. Type Here To Search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Type Here To Search: I've noticed that when I try to use the type here to search it is no longer working. Every time I type in anything it just closes on me and doesn't work. I've restarted my PC several times and it still doesn't work. Anyone know the fix for this? Thanks...
  6. type here to search

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    type here to search: this is happening with me please help type here to search box is becoming black and not responding [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/type-here-to-search/977fa735-afae-49ac-8eed-f756aa896431
  7. Type Search Here

in Windows 10 Customization
    Type Search Here: My type search here feature in Windows 10 no longer works. What can I do to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/type-search-here/3b340d25-a504-417c-8aac-6f9bcec2b5e7
  8. Type here to search

in Windows 10 Customization
    Type here to search: Is there any way of making the box "type here to search" any smaller. I would just like to see the magnifying glass icon only. Win 10 Home. 145270
  9. Type here to search Bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Type here to search Bar: Since the latest Windows update the search bar has changed. I would like to know how to change this as I do not like the new feature See screen Print attached It would be appreciated if someone could kindly assist me in resolving this issue 135487
  10. "Type here to search"

in Cortana
    "Type here to search": I cannot access this tab. It isn't working. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/type-here-to-search/19a9d6fe-7e9b-4e45-a87b-b5b6934d11b9"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. type here to search not working

2. windows type here to search not working

3. win10 search not working