Windows 10: Win 10 Pro Start Menu not Saving

Discus and support Win 10 Pro Start Menu not Saving in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have read and tried about everything on the net pertaining to this issue, all current updates and Ver. 1809. It only affects one of the 2 pc's I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BobSelff, Nov 10, 2018.

1. BobSelff Win User

Win 10 Pro Start Menu not Saving

I have read and tried about everything on the net pertaining to this issue, all current updates and Ver. 1809. It only affects one of the 2 pc's I have. Could someone give me the correct fix for this issue.

All help is greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Bob

:)

BobSelff, Nov 10, 2018

2. Lost my Start Menu on Win 10 laptop

Hi Sherry,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you perform the steps in the support article below:

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Jeraldine Ase, Nov 10, 2018
  3. x509 Win User
    Win 10 CU (not FCU) stutters and freezes a lot with various operations

I get momentary freezes and stuttering with a range of Windows menu operations. *sarc These are the ones that are top of mind but I'm sure there are others. Win 10 Pro 64, up to date on patches.

• Xing out a FireFox tab
    • Click on FILE menu (drop down is delayed)
    • FILE > Print (printer list or print menu is delayed)
    • Selecting a higher level on the file path in the SAVE menu
    • Search menu at bottom of Windows
    • Typing in many situations.

Any suggestions? Or this this a known problem in Win 10? I've had this problem for some time, but lately it has gotten me really PO'ed.*Confused

4. DRDNA Win User

DRDNA, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 Pro Start Menu not Saving - Similar Threads - Pro Start Menu

2. win 8.1 start menu in win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    win 8.1 start menu in win 10: hello, i wants a win 8.1 start menu in win 10 but i don't find any way to do thad thad wark on my pc i can't eneable tabled mode does someone have any progam or anything to do thad 175902
  3. Win 10 Pro 1909 Start Context Menu Semi-inoperable

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Pro 1909 Start Context Menu Semi-inoperable: I am having an issue with the Win 10 Start Context (right-click) Menu. I have done extensive research and tried many things but I can't make any headway with the solution. When I right-click the Start Menu, the standard menu structure is displayed. [img] I then select...
  4. PE saved to start Menu?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    PE saved to start Menu?: Hi I have been creating back-ups of my system first using AOMEI and then Macrium Free. Yesterday after creating my PE using Macrium I found that the computer was booting to a dual boot screen listing Windows 10 on top and Macrium on the bottom, in order to fix this and go...
  5. Win 10 Start Menu icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 Start Menu icons: Where can i find the path of the file explorer icon that is displayed in the windows start menu? I already extracted every icon possible with programs like iconsext but had no luck. This is the only one i couldn't find, at least that i am aware of. I hope someone can...
  6. Reloaded win 10, no start menu

Reloaded win 10, no start menu: When I click on start menu I get at brief spinning circle but nothing happens. It will Rt click and offer the settings menu but can’t access any applications except by searching with File Explorer....
  7. Win 10 start menu

Win 10 start menu: I go to the start menu to shutdown, I click on the window icon the normal options appear, but before I can click on anything the start menu closes. trying this repeated gives the same issue. To shutdown I have to right click the start icon and go from there. How do I solve...
  8. Changes to Win 10 start menu

Changes to Win 10 start menu: Several months ago, I experienced a change in my start menu. I am not sure how it happened. I used to have the standard start menu when I depressed the Windows button on the keyboard. This included all my Apps down the left side of the page. Suddenly, those Apps...
  9. Win 10 Pro Start Menu - Changes to LayoutModification.xml not applied

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Pro Start Menu - Changes to LayoutModification.xml not applied: I have ~ 200 machines here on our domain, all running windows 10 Pro. We have configured a custom start menu using by exporting LayoutModification.xml and applying this through Group Policy. It has always been slightly problematic in that some users see some tiles and others...
  10. Resetting Win 10 Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Resetting Win 10 Start Menu: Is it possible to reset the win 10 start menu to the day I installed win 10? I'm having all kind of little issues with it now that I didn't before and I'd like to reset. I know there was a method to do this in the preview builds but that doesn't seem to work anymore. 24319