Windows 10: Win 10 Pro Update & Create a Windows.old Folder

Discus and support Win 10 Pro Update & Create a Windows.old Folder in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Last 14th September, 2019 active my windows License and give update, then auto create Windows.old and every day lost my C Drive Space. up to 20 GB or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Md.Reza, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Md.Reza Win User

Win 10 Pro Update & Create a Windows.old Folder

Last 14th September, 2019 active my windows License and give update, then auto create Windows.old and every day lost my C Drive Space.

up to 20 GB or more space occupied please give me solution how to back my memory.

:)

Md.Reza, Sep 17, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 17, 2019
  3. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 17, 2019
  4. Win 10 Pro Update & Create a Windows.old Folder

old windows

Hi I have just reset my daughters laptop to factory settings and updated it to windows 8.1 on the hard drive I have a windows folder and an old windows folder can I get rid of the old windows folder and how would I get rid of it, as I am not used to win 8.

cookiemonster, Sep 17, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 Pro Update & Create a Windows.old Folder

1. Win 10 Pro Update & Create a Windows.old Folder - Similar Threads - Pro Update Create

2. Win 10 pro update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 pro update: My Windows 10 home, crashed so I bought a Windows 10 pro stick so I could upgrade. Got upgrade done but now I have the common problem of my second hard drive will not show up in Windows 10 pro. The bios shows the drive. The device manager shows the drive but the disk...
  3. Win 10 Pro not updating

Win 10 Pro not updating: My Windows 10 Pro version 1909 did not install any updates for January. Windows Update says I am current, the logs says the last installed update was 12/31/2019. I did not receive any errors when checking for updates. Plenty of free drive space available. I find it hard...
  4. cannot create a new folder in Win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot create a new folder in Win 10: I have not been able to create a folder in windows 10 for sometime now. need advice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-create-a-new-folder-in-win-10/dcd0b5ba-62b3-40fc-8d87-7c77faac1f68
  5. Unable to create folder groups on Start Menu [win 10 pro bld 19037.1]

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to create folder groups on Start Menu [win 10 pro bld 19037.1]: [ Win 10 Pro build 19037.1; Alienware Aurora R7, additional specs in bio ] Hi, IT desktop support user here. I know my way around the ins and outs of most Windows issues. I only updated to this Insider build yesterday, and this issue has persisted for a month or more I had...
  6. Create folders in win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Create folders in win 10: I have lost the ability to create new folders in win 10. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-folders-in-win-10/0361e4ea-74f9-4675-8cc7-0fa59b1237fb"
  7. Creating a Music CD with Win-10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating a Music CD with Win-10 Pro: I have tried a large number of suggestions indicating best method(s) for creating a Music Cd, including "recommended" applications, and various procedures to NO SUCESS. Now, I'm asking the community for their help. I've probably ruined a number of CD that will not play on...
  8. Win 10 pro update

Win 10 pro update: Hi I installed latest Win 10 pro update 1803 successfully and now, on C drive, I can see a new folder called "Windows.old", about 4 gb in size besides "Windows" folder and another new called "Windows10Upgrade" My questions is: Can I delete the "Windows old" folder to make...
  9. unable to create hotspot in win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to create hotspot in win 10 pro: Hi all, I am facing a problem with my windows 10 pro version with latest update. the issue is that I am using network dongle as dialup network provider. may check it on taskbar. its connected with dialup network.(screenshot) I am unable to create hotspot from win 10 during...
  10. Win 10 update keeps creating new user file folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 update keeps creating new user file folders: Every few WIN10 updates or so I end up with my all my settings changed as if it was a brand-new install. no programs, nothing. When I look at the C:/Users directory I get this: C;/Users/Jason (original) C:/Users/Jason.JASONWIN10 (update 2 months ago)...