Windows 10: Win 10 Pro Upgrade License

Discus and support Win 10 Pro Upgrade License in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello Forum, What type of Win 10 license should I have if I purchased Win 10 Pro upgrade from the Microsoft Store online? I would presume I would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by tjg79, Jun 29, 2020.

1. tjg79 Win User

Win 10 Pro Upgrade License

Hello Forum,

What type of Win 10 license should I have if I purchased Win 10 Pro upgrade from the Microsoft Store online?

I would presume I would have a retail license. Is that correct?

The Win 10 Pro upgrade was installed on a new HP Laptop that came with Win 10 Home preinstalled. I would think that the HP Laptop with Win 10 Home preinstalled would come with an OEM license.

Does the license change from OEM to Retail when I install the Win 10 Pro upgrade purchased from the Microsoft Store online?

Thank you for your assistance.

Regards

:)

tjg79, Jun 29, 2020
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Win 10 Home to Pro upgrade

How do I upgrade from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro with a digital Licence. The in structions say

• If you have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, and Windows 10 Home is currently activated on your device, select
      Go to Microsoft Store and you'll be prompted to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free.

Fine, but how do I get a digital Licence for Win 10 PRo??

Going to Microsoft Store via the upgrade with digital licence link, provides no opton for upgrading.

Any solution??

JohnStorey11, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Win 10 Pro Upgrade License

Win 10 Home to Pro upgrade

Hi Guys,

I have only a digital licence for Win 10 Home.

Microsoft say

To upgrade, select the Start button, then select Settings >
    Update & security > Activation.

• If you have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, and Windows 10 Home is currently activated on your device, select
      Go to Microsoft Store and you'll be prompted to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free.

• If you have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, but Windows 10 Home isn't activated on your device, select
      Troubleshoot, and then follow the steps to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.

There appears to be no way to purchase or obtain a DIGITAL licence from Microsoft - only a product with a licence.

So how can I obtain a DIGITAL licence?

that is the question ( thanks to Shakespaear)

I don't appear to have a digital Pro licence, otherwise I would expect it to appear on my MS Account. It is exceedingly frustrating, but I suppose that it is all part of the fun.

JohnStorey11, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

Win 10 Pro Upgrade License

1. Win 10 Pro Upgrade License - Similar Threads - Pro Upgrade License

2. Upgrade from Licensed Win 7 to Licensed Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Licensed Win 7 to Licensed Win 10: Currently, I heard online saying that Microsoft will free all upgrade keys from Win7 with license to upgrade to Win10 with license for 1 year. Is it the truth? If more than 1 year free from that date, what should I do to upgrade to licensed Win10?Sorry, I'm not a good student...
  3. Upgrade from Licensed Win 7 to Licensed Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade from Licensed Win 7 to Licensed Win 10: Currently, I heard online saying that Microsoft will free all upgrade keys from Win7 with license to upgrade to Win10 with license for 1 year. Is it the truth? If more than 1 year free from that date, what should I do to upgrade to licensed Win10?Sorry, I'm not a good student...
  4. Upgrade from Licensed Win 7 to Licensed Win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Migrate win 10 pro license ...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Migrate win 10 pro license ...: from a physical PC to a VM running an identical (identity wise) win 10 pro (domain, node name, IP address). Is that allowed by MS? submitted by /u/andersostling56 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lt302z/migrate_win_10_pro_license/
  6. upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro: I have several times tried to upgrade my desktop dual boot Win XP and Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro using the downloaded ISO file, and keep my personal files and apps. It runs about 36 hours then fails. How can I make this upgrade? If not using the ISO file is there another...
  7. Win 10 Pro: Retail vs upgrading from win 7 Pro license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Pro: Retail vs upgrading from win 7 Pro license: I'll be installing win 10 Pro to a test machine in the next weeks. Is there a 'version difference' in buying the retail version as opposed to "trading in" a win 7 pro license? I guess my question really is, does buying the retail version translate to more control over Win 10...
  8. Upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

Upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro: I purchased an upgrade to Win 10 Pro from a Microsoft certified seller. The problem I'm having is the upgrade keeps hanging up around 80% install. I'm running an MSI motherboard MSI Z975SSLI Krait Edition (MS 7922) 64 bit Intel core i5-4690 3.5 Ghz 38 GB memory. Can...
  9. Win 10 upgrade to Win 10 pro.

Win 10 upgrade to Win 10 pro.: How can i upgrade from win 10 to win 10 pro? How much will it cost? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/win-10-upgrade-to-win-10-pro/a9582518-7671-426f-8904-7f0da791eb6d
  10. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Win 8.1 Pro license key

Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Win 8.1 Pro license key: Hey, I've been running insider preview since build 98xx, after final build came I decided to to a clean install and get my "free" license so I installed Windows 8.1 Pro with a valid license during initial setup I as prompted that I could upgrade to Windows 10 for free, this...