Windows 10: Win 10 Pro - Upgrade - Printer Error

Discus and support Win 10 Pro - Upgrade - Printer Error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After upgrading to Win 10 Pro from Win 7 Pro, I have this issue - All devices and programs work except for a Epson LQ-590 dot matrix printer. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Darryl_ACE, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Win 10 Pro - Upgrade - Printer Error

After upgrading to Win 10 Pro from Win 7 Pro, I have this issue -

All devices and programs work except for a Epson LQ-590 dot matrix printer.

The printer is not auto-detected but I can manually install the printer. However Printers/Scanners shows the printer name but when printing a test page it states the printer is in a error state. The printer shows no issues and the printer worked before the upgrade.

In Device Manager, the printer is listed under 'Other Devices' as Epson LQ-590. I can right click Update Driver, it finds a newer drive, downloads the driver and installs, but at the end it states "there was a error with the installation, see if the manufacturer has updated drivers on there web page". There are no drivers on the web page.

The printer is connected via a USB from computer to parallel adapter Centronics printer connector on the other.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Darryl

:)

Darryl_ACE, Jan 13, 2020
  2. n2bn2b Win User

Recommend hardware changes for upgrading from Win-7 to Win-10

Bree
    I followed your suggestions (2nd Aug 19) for installing Win-10. Made the bootable flash drive successfully through the media creation tool. But when I attempted to upgrade and activate to Win-10 (64 bit) from within Win-7 (Pro-32 bit), I got the following error message:

Error # OxC1900101-Ox20017. " The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation"

I read the diagnostics under this error number and carried out the proposed fixes, i.e. update Win-7, uninstall Malwarebyte antivirus, disconnect all external hardware, e.g. printer, scanner, external hard drives. I then tried to repeat the steps to do the upgrade through the Win-10 bootable flash drive as before. Got the same error message.
    Appreciate any further comments and suggestions as to (a) what does a failure in the SAFE_OS during boot operation mean, (b) what can I do to solve it. Is this anything to do with the hardware in my computer? I listed these in my first posting above.
    Thanks for any help

n2bn2b, Jan 13, 2020
  3. RESK208 Win User
    Error code 0x8009000f on upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Pro.

Original Title: upfrade to Win 10

In trying to upgrade my Windows 7 Pro to 10, when it started the upgrade if halted with the error code 0x8009000f. I cann ot find this error code in any of the online listings. Any Suggestions? RES

RESK208, Jan 13, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Win 10 Pro - Upgrade - Printer Error

Can't share printer—getting error message

Step 1: Go to store.
    Step 2: Buy a less shitty printer.
    Step 3: Pick up some beer while you are there.
    Step 4: Enjoy both your new printer and your beer.

In all seriousness, I have had more issues with Lexmark printers and their shitty drivers then any other manufacturer, HP is a close second though.

However, if you don't want to get a new printer*Laugh :laugh:, and I can understand that, when my Lexmark was giving me the same troubles in Win7(and Vista) I had to make sure the Windows firewall was ON and the firewall service was enabled and running. After I shared it I could re-disable the firewall and firewall services.

newtekie1, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

Win 10 Pro - Upgrade - Printer Error

1. Win 10 Pro - Upgrade - Printer Error - Similar Threads - Pro Upgrade Printer

2. win 10 to 10 pro upgradation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    win 10 to 10 pro upgradation: i hv brought a new lappy with win 10 home .i used win 10 pro in my prev lappy which was retail ver beacuse in hv brought win 8.1 pro separately and upgraded it. i hv lost the keys but they are digitally lisenced. can i use it in my new lappy!!!!!...
  3. upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro: I have several times tried to upgrade my desktop dual boot Win XP and Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro using the downloaded ISO file, and keep my personal files and apps. It runs about 36 hours then fails. How can I make this upgrade? If not using the ISO file is there another...
  4. Win 10 Pro upgrade

Win 10 Pro upgrade: I just upgraded to win 10 Pro, put in my new activation, but in control panel and settings it still says win 10 home. Did I get the upgrade? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-pro-upgrade/d2cd5623-ca1c-4b33-911c-67253c6f70f6
  5. Win 10 Pro upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Pro upgrade: I searched and there are some sites that sell new keys for less than $99. Looking for information on if any are legit. Thanks Ken 138852
  6. Win 10 Pro upgrade

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Win 10 Pro upgrade: Just purchased Win 10 Pro upgrade from Microsoft Store and after upgrade it was still V1709 why do you not get the new V1903? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-pro-upgrade/1064d221-243c-4c67-9892-98f498a82087"
  7. Win 10 Pro upgrade

Win 10 Pro upgrade: Trying to upgrade my win 8 pro to win 10 pro. Get message that win 10 installed failed. I'm running a Z97S SLI Krait Edition motherboard with dual monitors and a 3 TB HDD. Here is part of the log file: 2018-10-31 15:06:00, Warning MOUPG...
  8. Upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

Upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro: I purchased an upgrade to Win 10 Pro from a Microsoft certified seller. The problem I'm having is the upgrade keeps hanging up around 80% install. I'm running an MSI motherboard MSI Z975SSLI Krait Edition (MS 7922) 64 bit Intel core i5-4690 3.5 Ghz 38 GB memory. Can...
  9. Win 10 upgrade to Win 10 pro.

Win 10 upgrade to Win 10 pro.: How can i upgrade from win 10 to win 10 pro? How much will it cost? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/win-10-upgrade-to-win-10-pro/a9582518-7671-426f-8904-7f0da791eb6d
  10. Win 10 Pro - Devices and Printers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 Pro - Devices and Printers: I Have PC running Win 10 Pro, i5 6300 Skylake CPU, 16GB RAM, SSD Main Drive. I have read a number of posts relating to my problem her, but none of them have fixed my issue. Since upgrading to WIN 10 from WIN 7, I don't think I have ever had to look at Devices & Printers....