Windows 10: Win-10 Pro USB-C video output to desktop monitor

Discus and support Win-10 Pro USB-C video output to desktop monitor in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have a notebook computer with Win-10 Pro OEM on since late 2019 and recently updated to the 2020 October OS update. I have a desktop monitor with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by wintenprouser, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Win-10 Pro USB-C video output to desktop monitor

I have a notebook computer with Win-10 Pro OEM on since late 2019 and recently updated to the 2020 October OS update. I have a desktop monitor with USB-C video input, but am unsure how to direct Win-10 to output video to the USB-C port. The only thing I could find is that the computer's motherboard BIOS / UEFI set up allows the user to choose the on-board LCD or external display, or both / automatic mode. From what I understand all audio / video streams will be carried through USB-C connection but have never tried this before and unsure how to do it. The desktop monitor has much higher native resolution than that on the computer, which is full HD 1920 x 1080 native resolution. Thanks for any starter tips / steps advice.

:)

wintenprouser, Feb 11, 2021

2. Win-10 Pro USB-C video output to desktop monitor

I have a notebook computer with Win-10 Pro OEM on since late 2019 and recently updated to the 2020 October OS update. I have a desktop monitor with USB-C video input, but am unsure how to direct Win-10 to output video to the USB-C port. The only thing I could find is that the computer's motherboard BIOS / UEFI set up allows the user to choose the on-board LCD or external display, or both / automatic mode. From what I understand all audio / video streams will be carried through USB-C connection but have never tried this before and unsure how to do it. The desktop monitor has much higher native resolution than that on the computer, which is full HD 1920 x 1080 native resolution. Thanks for any starter tips / steps advice.

wintenprouser, Feb 11, 2021
  3. Win-10 Pro USB-C video output to desktop monitor

Not all USB-C ports can carry video natively. Your USB-C port will need to have support for "Alternative Mode", often simply referred to as "Alt Mode".

See this article for details:

Everything You Need to Know About USB-C Video

Another good reference:

Definitive Guide to USB-C Alternate Modes - Cable Chick Blog

It's important to note too that the cable needs to be of the proper type. For example, it's entirely possible to have a cable that has USB-C connectors on both ends but won't do anything more than USB 2 speeds and that will not support any Alt Modes.

BTW, you may want to update your computer specs in your profile. From that, we might be able to look up the specs to see if your particular system supports Alt Modes, and if so, which ones.

hsehestedt, Feb 11, 2021
  4. btarunr Win User

Win-10 Pro USB-C video output to desktop monitor

TrendNet Launches New Line of USB Type-C Adapters

TRENDnet, a global leader in reliable SMB and consumer networking solutions, announced today the launch of its USB-C product line. The new line will feature three USB-C adapters for HDMI, VGA, and Gigabit Ethernet. "TRENDnet is committed to developing reliable products to improve user connectivity, and our line of USB-C adapters is designed to keep users up-to-date with the new USB connector standard," said Sonny Su, technology director at TRENDnet. "The new USB-C line allows users to take advantage of improved data transfer speeds and more power, while extending the life of current devices."

The Type-C port and connector are extremely compact and feature a reversible connector orientation. The new USB-C technology and connector support lightning-fast transfer speeds, and feature an increased power output. All TRENDnet USB-C products are conveniently powered by the computer's USB port, and are Windows and Mac compatible.

Win-10 Pro USB-C video output to desktop monitor 78a_thm.jpg

USB-C to HDMI 4K UHD Display Adapter, model TUC-HDMI
    • Extend or mirror your computer's display to a 4K monitor or HDTV
    • Flawless video with high speed USB Type-C to HDMI connection
    • Max resolution: 3840 x 2160 resolution at 30 Hz
    USB-C to VGA HDTV Adapter, model TUC-VGA
    • Extend or mirror your computer's display to a projector, monitor or HDTV
    • Flawless video with high speed USB Type-C to VGA connection
    • Max resolution: 1920 x 1200 resolution at 60 Hz
    USB-C to Gigabit Adapter, model TUC-ETG
    • Adds a Gigabit Ethernet port to your computer
    • SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Type-C port

btarunr, Feb 11, 2021
Thema:

Win-10 Pro USB-C video output to desktop monitor

1. Win-10 Pro USB-C video output to desktop monitor - Similar Threads - Pro USB video

2. USB-C not detecting monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-C not detecting monitor.: I swapped the standard HDMI and both monitors work. Both monitors not detected when using both the USB-C docking station with HDMI output and a brand new USB-c to HDMI cable. This is a new problem since my last login 4 days ago.Device name BEST-Dell-Comp Processor AMD Ryzen 7...
  3. USB-C not detecting monitor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB-C not detecting monitor.: I swapped the standard HDMI and both monitors work. Both monitors not detected when using both the USB-C docking station with HDMI output and a brand new USB-c to HDMI cable. This is a new problem since my last login 4 days ago.Device name BEST-Dell-Comp Processor AMD Ryzen 7...
  4. No video output using USB C - Dell Dock – WD19S

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No video output using USB C - Dell Dock – WD19S: I just bought a new docking station upgrading from a d6000. I have a Dell laptop that is connected to the new docking station and outputting to three monitors just fine. I have a desktop with Windows 11 64 bit that I built myself but it's not outputting video to the three...
  5. No video output using USB C - Dell Dock – WD19S

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No video output using USB C - Dell Dock – WD19S: I just bought a new docking station upgrading from a d6000. I have a Dell laptop that is connected to the new docking station and outputting to three monitors just fine. I have a desktop with Windows 11 64 bit that I built myself but it's not outputting video to the three...
  6. Windows 10 - USB C Monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - USB C Monitor: Hi Everyone, Need some help / advice .. I am working on a new build slowly and I got it semi up and running .. but I need some help .. I am trying to run a small 7" screen off the usb 3.0 header on the motherboard or the usb 3 port on the back io to use a Aida64 senor panel...
  7. Win-10 Pro USB-C video output to desktop monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    Win-10 Pro USB-C video output to desktop monitor: I have a notebook computer with Win-10 Pro OEM on since late 2019 and recently updated to the 2020 October OS update. I have a desktop monitor with USB-C video input, but am unsure how to direct Win-10 to output video to the USB-C port. The only thing I could find is that the...
  8. usb-c for hdmi display output

in Windows 10 Customization
    usb-c for hdmi display output: Do I need to set up usb-c port, to use to display second monitor? My display is not found, when hooked up to usb-c port. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-c-for-hdmi-display-output/4b118a9c-059e-4827-a2ac-fe46c9c3aa00
  9. USB-C Monitor laptop connection isn't reconsigning the monitor as an "audio output" option.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB-C Monitor laptop connection isn't reconsigning the monitor as an "audio output" option.: I have a Razer Stealth later 2019 laptop, connected to a Dell P2719HC via a USB-C cable. The display works fine, but my laptop won't pick up the laptop as an option for audio output. Does anyone have a solution at all? submitted by /u/Jamezyyy__ [link] [comments]...
  10. USB-C Monitor & charge

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB-C Monitor & charge: Hello everybody, I use my X1 Yoga with Windows 10. charging via the USB-C port using an external monitor only works if the battery is not 100% charged. As soon as the battery is 100% charged, the display switches off and the laptop tries to connect to the monitor again and...