Windows 10: Win 10 Pro will not accept changed pw

Discus and support Win 10 Pro will not accept changed pw in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I changed my win pw using this: cmd ran as admin net user <name> PwDpassword win accepted change now it is telling me: YOUR PASSWORD WAS... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jon1008, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Jon1008 Win User

Win 10 Pro will not accept changed pw

I changed my win pw using this:

cmd

ran as admin

net user <name> PwDpassword

win accepted change

now it is telling me: YOUR PASSWORD WAS CHANGED ON ANOTHER DEVICE. YOU MUST SIGN IN TO THIS DEVICE ONCE WITH YOUR NEW PASSWORD, THEN YOU CAN SIGN IN WITH YOUR PIN.

I know the PIN and the new PW, when I enter the changed PW it tells me incorrect pw

HELP, please

:)

Jon1008, Jun 1, 2019
  2. trstew Win User

Administrative pw

Never used admin pw in win 7 pro. Now it seems I must have for win 10. No idea what my pw might be! Any way to reset, or should I get a Chromebook??

trstew, Jun 1, 2019
  3. How to change my Windows 10 Login PW

Hi,

I can't figure out how to change my Windows 10 Login PW. If I go to Windows settings, it says I'm using an online MS account to sign in. That account has a different PW than the Windows 10 PW that I use every day to sign on to my laptop. If I go to sign
    in options / change your PW, it doesn't accept the Windows 10 PW I'm using to sign onto my laptop.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

RR

RichardRice1, Jun 1, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Win 10 Pro will not accept changed pw - Similar Threads - Pro accept changed

2. OEM Win 10 Pro key not accepted by Win 11 Pro Insider Preview Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OEM Win 10 Pro key not accepted by Win 11 Pro Insider Preview Virtual Machine: I'm running Linux on a HP EliteDesk 800 G3 with a Core i5 7400. Now I thought since there was an OEM Windows 10 Pro Licence bundled with the EliteDesk I could use this key to run Windows 11 Pro in a Virtual Machine kvm. After short search I found here in this community that...
  3. OEM Win 10 Pro key not accepted by Win 11 Pro Insider Preview Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OEM Win 10 Pro key not accepted by Win 11 Pro Insider Preview Virtual Machine: I'm running Linux on a HP EliteDesk 800 G3 with a Core i5 7400. Now I thought since there was an OEM Windows 10 Pro Licence bundled with the EliteDesk I could use this key to run Windows 11 Pro in a Virtual Machine kvm. After short search I found here in this community that...
  4. CRITICAL HELP NEEDED: Win10/Pro does not accept valid PW at sign-in screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CRITICAL HELP NEEDED: Win10/Pro does not accept valid PW at sign-in screen.: Hello.CRITICAL, URGENT:I just formatted and then reinstalled Win10. Clean system.My machine uses my MS Account, not a local account.I am able to log in via my PIN.But - if I try to log in with my known, working MS Account password, the sign-in screen will not accept my PW....
  5. CRITICAL HELP NEEDED: Win10/Pro does not accept valid PW at sign-in screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CRITICAL HELP NEEDED: Win10/Pro does not accept valid PW at sign-in screen.: Hello.CRITICAL, URGENT:I just formatted and then reinstalled Win10. Clean system.My machine uses my MS Account, not a local account.I am able to log in via my PIN.But - if I try to log in with my known, working MS Account password, the sign-in screen will not accept my PW....
  6. CRITICAL HELP NEEDED: Win10/Pro does not accept valid PW at sign-in screen.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Change Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Change Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro: How can we get the OS changed from Win 10 Home From original HP Desktop with preloaded os to Win 10 pro desktop and that to that should be 100 % genuine.Suggest plz....
  8. Win 10 Won't Accept PW On Diagnostic Startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Won't Accept PW On Diagnostic Startup: Hi:Start in "diagnostic startup". Windows will not accept my known good account password. PIN is also not available. PC is now stuck in "diagnostic startup". Using Windows Recovery Environment results in same failure to recognise password. This is a known good password for my...
  9. Win 10 Pro product key not accepted

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Pro product key not accepted: I purchased a new laptop with Win 10 Home digital license. At the same time I purchased a Win 10 Pro update disk. When I try to change product key under Activation, the product key is not accepted. "The product key you entered didn't work"....
  10. my laptop will not accept my PW and have no disk

in Windows 10 Customization
    my laptop will not accept my PW and have no disk: my laptop will not accept my pw to sta rt no disk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/my-laptop-will-not-accept-my-pw-and-have-no-disk/762197a5-6982-4f76-a3b4-caecdc6e2219