Windows 10: Win 10 Pro will not accept changed pw

Discus and support Win 10 Pro will not accept changed pw in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I changed my win pw using this: cmd ran as admin net user <name> PwDpassword win accepted change now it is telling me: YOUR PASSWORD WAS... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jon1008, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Jon1008 Win User

Win 10 Pro will not accept changed pw

I changed my win pw using this:

cmd

ran as admin

net user <name> PwDpassword

win accepted change

now it is telling me: YOUR PASSWORD WAS CHANGED ON ANOTHER DEVICE. YOU MUST SIGN IN TO THIS DEVICE ONCE WITH YOUR NEW PASSWORD, THEN YOU CAN SIGN IN WITH YOUR PIN.

I know the PIN and the new PW, when I enter the changed PW it tells me incorrect pw

HELP, please

:)

Jon1008, Jun 1, 2019
  2. trstew Win User

Administrative pw

Never used admin pw in win 7 pro. Now it seems I must have for win 10. No idea what my pw might be! Any way to reset, or should I get a Chromebook??

trstew, Jun 1, 2019
  3. How to change my Windows 10 Login PW

Hi,

I can't figure out how to change my Windows 10 Login PW. If I go to Windows settings, it says I'm using an online MS account to sign in. That account has a different PW than the Windows 10 PW that I use every day to sign on to my laptop. If I go to sign
    in options / change your PW, it doesn't accept the Windows 10 PW I'm using to sign onto my laptop.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

RR

RichardRice1, Jun 1, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Win 10 Pro will not accept changed pw - Similar Threads - Pro accept changed

2. forgot pc's pw and cannot open after changing microsoft' pw

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    forgot pc's pw and cannot open after changing microsoft' pw: i cannot open my pc1 for i forgot my pw. got directed to change(microsoft pw), so i changed several times, still pc won't open. used the other pc2 and changed again. still pc1 won't open...??? am totally confused....
  3. Win 10 ProWorkstation OEM Productkey not accept

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 ProWorkstation OEM Productkey not accept: Hallo I have buy a new win 10 pro for Workstation with diffrent Installation Option how win 10 s and s N to win 10 pro and N. As first i install the S but it was very unlike with updates so i install pro. in this installations the product key work after i install one of my...
  4. HOW TO CHANGE WI-FI PW WINDOWS 10 ENTERPRISE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HOW TO CHANGE WI-FI PW WINDOWS 10 ENTERPRISE: Okay, I am livid. I just got a new work laptop and came home and mistakenly typed an "o" where I should have typed a "zero" in the WI-FI password of my 5G network. Now I am stuck. The PC is constantly trying to connect to the 5G WIFI network with the incorrect password....
  5. win 10 pro will not activate after motherboard change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    win 10 pro will not activate after motherboard change: win 10 pro will not activate after motherboard change, I had it linked to my microsoft account before the change, it has a digital licence as it was an upgrade from 8.1...
  6. wifi pw

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi pw: Our laptop is still attached to our wi-fi, but my wife's tablet isn't and we're not sure of wifi password - is there anyplace on our laptop where we can find the pw ?? thx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-pw/6998431b-283e-4131-83bb-0ef5548a6528
  7. my laptop will not accept my PW and have no disk

in Windows 10 Customization
    my laptop will not accept my PW and have no disk: my laptop will not accept my pw to sta rt no disk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/my-laptop-will-not-accept-my-pw-and-have-no-disk/762197a5-6982-4f76-a3b4-caecdc6e2219
  8. win 10 pro activation after hardware change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 pro activation after hardware change: I got the free upgrade to 10 from 8 it loaded the pro version. My mother board failed and had to be replaced. On activating it gives a message 0x800700B. It cannot connect to my organizations activating server. I am 78years old I do not have an organization. The product is...
  9. Getting a weird unresponsive opening screen after accepting PW?

in Windows 10 Support
    Getting a weird unresponsive opening screen after accepting PW?: This is going to be a tough one. I tried to remove Norton 360 (free from Comcast, but I'm now on Hotwire) and installed Free Avast. Couldn't removed N360 by Windows or Revo and not realizing I had to use a Norton "removal tool," I just started removing whatever I could using...
  10. Win 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Pro?: I had read that if you were installing Windows 10 over Windows 7 Professional, you got Windows 10 Professional. Is that accurate? I would swear that my Windows on my laptop was Win 7 Pro, but the Win 10 installed is Windows10 Home. Thoughts? 18437