Windows 10: WIN 10 Pro will Not Install on new SSD!!!! Driver pnp watchdog during Win 10...

Discus and support WIN 10 Pro will Not Install on new SSD!!!! Driver pnp watchdog during Win 10... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to install Win 10 Pro on a computer that previously had a motherboard failure. Because it was an older PC, I decided to upgrade with some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MVolpone, May 5, 2019.

1. MVolpone Win User

WIN 10 Pro will Not Install on new SSD!!!! Driver pnp watchdog during Win 10...

I am trying to install Win 10 Pro on a computer that previously had a motherboard failure. Because it was an older PC, I decided to upgrade with some new/old parts that I won in a contest when I was working for Geek Squad. I installed an older but new Intel Extreme DP67BG motherboard, an older but new Intel Core i7-2700, 16GB New Crucial RAM, New Crucial 1 TB SSD drive and a New copy (USB) of Win 10 Pro. I have tried to install the SSD on SATA Ports 0, 1, 2 & 3 with the same results. I have changed SATA cables also. If I set the BIOS in the IDE mode, the MB sees no drive. When I set it in the AHCI mode, the MB sees the drive so I save the settings and go to the Win 10 setup. I choose 64-Bit installation and it goes through the loading files part, accept the terms, click on Custom: Install Windows only and then tells me that couldn't find any drives to install the OS. I try the Load Drivers but don't have any software for this SSD. Why can't Windows find the SSD that shows in the BIOS??

So I try another option: I go to the Win 10 troubleshooting and choose Repair Computer and then Troubleshooting. I tried Startup Repair but it could not find anything. I went to Command Prompt. I use diskpart and List Disk to select Disk 0. When I type Clean, I get an error that says "DiskPart has encountered an error: The request could not be performed because of an I/O error. Please see the System Event Log for more info."

Several times, I got Driver PNP watchdog with a barcode but when I scanned the barcode, it took me to a generic MS page that was no help at all.

I try to create partition primary and get the same error message: "DiskPart has encountered an error: The request could not be performed because of an I/O error. Please see the System Event Log for more info."

I try to select partition 1 and am successful. YEAH!

I try format fs=ntfs quick and get the error message:"Virtual Disk Service error: The media is write protected."

I try it again without the Quick command and get the same error...

PLEASE HELP!!! I am going crazy and have been fighting this thing for three full days!!!

Thanks in advance for all of your help!!!!

:)

MVolpone, May 5, 2019

2. Driver PNP WATCHDOG error on Win 10 64 1709 to 1803 update

No joy with uninstalling nvidia drivers before update

Used DDU, then disconnected from router.

Used thumb drive with ISO on it.

When setting up asked it not to install updates with new Win 10

BSOD on 42% whilst updating

Same error codes and Driver PNP Watchdog

"Install failed on FIRST_BOOT phase with error during SYSPREP operation"

Three things I note in Device Manager (hidden)

Large number 40+ copies of generic volume shadow copies

Also multiple black and grey storage volumes

Grasping at straws here - Could the Watchdog error be associated with the Intel Watchdog Timer driver in System devices?

TIA

CB

ChristopherBontein, May 5, 2019
  3. Driver PNP WATCHDOG error on Win 10 64 1709 to 1803 update

Win 10 64 1709 updated originally from Win 7 on a no brand system box PC using ASUS P8 Z77-V LX mobo

Have tried to update from 1709 to 1803 multiple times since May using Windows Update Assistant, gets to 42% then rollsback

Lists Driver PNP Watchdog error on rollback and later OxC1900101 - Ox30018 as error

Nothing flagged up in Device Manager (inc hidden), have tried updating most device drivers in it.

Boot SSD has 23 GB free space left

Have unplugged all USBs bar keyboard/mouse, uninstalled all AV, disabled non MS startup items, checkdsk and scannow, even disabled Defender and firewall

Only things left to try are disconnecting various additional hard drives in system box to see if that works

Have tried to reset Win 10 but says cannot as missing files, would like to avoid having to reinstall all my many progs with a clean install, uncertain if lose Win 10 digital license

Whilst have read similar posts on this forum on this error eg deleting vss shadow copies etc am approaching edge of comfort/knowledge zone - don't want to screw up installation.

I have extracted a setupmem.dmp file from the rollback folder which other posts have asked for - its big 111MB zipped, however unsure if or how to post or send this somewhere.

Any help gratefully received.

ChristopherBontein, May 5, 2019
  4. kajson Win User

Win 10 clean install question

Hello everyone,

my brother in law has bought a new computer yesterday still with win 8.1 on it, which he'll be upgrading to windows 10. I'm guessing non pro edition. So far I've determined that if you want to do a clean install after the upgrade you don't use an updated productkey, rather microsoft registers somehow your hardware id and auto activates.

Now here's my worry, the computer isn't coming with an ssd, and I'm building that in tommorow, and I want to do the clean install on the ssd understandably.
    My question is, will this alter the hardware ID in such a way that Win 10 won't activate anymore. I know there's a 30 day grace period to fix things, but I'd rather get everything right straight away.
    I'm also wondering if I can just format the former system drive after win 10 has been activated on the SSD or if this will screw up some activation logging file or whatever other important stuff they've somehow left on the older installation.

If it doesnt activate it would mean I'd have to get into contact with microsofts help desk, which I reckon will be extremely hard to reach anyways, and my experience with them hasn't been great sofar.

Thanks in advance for any light shed on the matter. I'm sure more people are debating a form of this conundrum.

kajson, May 5, 2019
Thema:

1. WIN 10 Pro will Not Install on new SSD!!!! Driver pnp watchdog during Win 10... - Similar Threads - Pro Install SSD

2. DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG: DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-pnp-watchdog/e6588141-5f11-4ec0-ad10-c217adcbe3c0
  3. Win 10 pro new install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 pro new install: Okay so building a new computer for the first time, I bought a win 10 pro OEM disc with key off of Amazon. Can I just install win 10 pro with a flash drive, than just enter the key from the disk to activate? Or do I need to hook up an external disk drive to run the CD to...
  4. Install new SSD & new version of win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Install new SSD & new version of win 10 pro: Hi guys, I am going to install a new SSD & new w10. I have got a laptop that I bought from Dell about 5 years ago with windows10 pro pre-installed. Do I need to go and buy a new copy of windows with a new product key or can I download windows from Microsoft using the...
  5. Driver PNP watchdog

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Driver PNP watchdog: Help, I don't know what to do... I've tried so much and I can't figure it out... I can't even launch into windows... submitted by /u/empoleon621 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fb95fb/driver_pnp_watchdog/
  6. Driver PNP WATCHDOG error on Win 10 64 1709 to 1803 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Driver PNP WATCHDOG error on Win 10 64 1709 to 1803 update: Win 10 64 1709 updated originally from Win 7 on a no brand system box PC using ASUS P8 Z77-V LX mobo Have tried to update from 1709 to 1803 multiple times since May using Windows Update Assistant, gets to 42% then rollsback Lists Driver PNP Watchdog error on rollback and...
  7. New SSD clean Install Win 10 Pro 64bit

New SSD clean Install Win 10 Pro 64bit: Hi Everybody, In about 2-3 weeks I will get a new SSD Samsung 850 EVO Basic MZ-75E2T0 2TB to replace my too small SSD of the same brand. I am running Win 10 Pro 64-bit fully licensed and I have all the keys like Product ID, Installed Key, Original Key, Original Edition...
  8. Install Win 10 Pro on new 250 GB SSD

Install Win 10 Pro on new 250 GB SSD: Want install Win 10 Pro on new 250 GB SSD drive. Already have Win 10 Pro installed and working on a 500 GB drive. Have bootable Win 10 on usb created with the windows tool. Now for the questions *Smile 1. I will disconnect all drives except for the new SSD, and try the...
  9. Win 10 Pro and Win 10 EDU installation on same SSD

Win 10 Pro and Win 10 EDU installation on same SSD: I'm a member over at eight forums and have just registered here, hello! Windows 10 Pro was/is my default operating system - I've just installed Windows 10 EDU on a different partition on the same SSD. (One install needs Java 6 update 6 where my work systems use them. The...
  10. New SSD for Win 10

New SSD for Win 10: Win 7 Pro currently installed on 126GB SSD. Only 20 GB capacity left. Plan to install new 500GB SSD as C Drive. Plan is to clone 126 SSD to 500 SSD, including Win 7 OS, before installing 10. Then install 10 to 500 GB SSD Does this seem like best way to go? Thanks 8944

Users found this page by searching for:

1. driver pnp watchdog bsod asus zenbook pro duo

2. win 10 update driver pnp watchdog no ide mode

3. driver pnp watchdog windows 10 usb install

4. installed win 10 to new ssd and now and home version had pro before