Windows 10: Win 10 Pro Windows Security Smart Card Prompt

Discus and support Win 10 Pro Windows Security Smart Card Prompt in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After an update my computer now incessantly asks for a smart card at least 4 times after I login to Win 10. How do I turn this off without disabling... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by OFFICER WILSON, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Win 10 Pro Windows Security Smart Card Prompt

After an update my computer now incessantly asks for a smart card at least 4 times after I login to Win 10. How do I turn this off without disabling the smart card in gpedit?

:)

OFFICER WILSON, Sep 29, 2019

2. Wifi smart card prompt

I have to use USB token (smart card) to login to corporate Wifi network.

After last system update the prompt for smart card PIN doesn't show up and I'm unable to connect to Wifi network.

Is there any way to force the prompt to show up or any other way to access the network with the token?

My system: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Version: 10.0.16299 Build 16299

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Security & privacy

WojciechWaydel, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Enabling Smart Card Readers on Windows 10 Pro?

Windows 10 Professional will not natively allow for using a Smart Card for a sign in option. Does anyone have any ideas on how to enable this, like a 3rd party option, or a group-policy edit, IDK?

It is available on Win 10 Ed. and Win 10 Enterprise, however, they are not Windows 10 Pro. This is not a question for concern on making a P.C. more secure, this is mainly for a niche project more than anything.

Matthew T. Scarbrough, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Win 10 Pro Windows Security Smart Card Prompt

windows 10 requires smart card for admin

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

Sorry to know that the Windows 10 prompts Smart card for Administrator rights. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to disable the Interactive Smart card prompt and check if it resolves the issue.

1. Right click on Start menu and select
    Run.

2. Type gpedit.msc and press Enter.

3. Navigate to Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\Security

Options.

4. Locate Interactive logon: Require smart card
    policy setting.

5. Double click on the Policy and select Disabled option.

6. Click on Apply and OK to save changes.

7. Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the system.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 Pro Windows Security Smart Card Prompt

1. Win 10 Pro Windows Security Smart Card Prompt - Similar Threads - Pro Security Smart

2. Windows prompting to connect a Smart Card reader

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows prompting to connect a Smart Card reader: Recently we deployed some MS updates to our users KB4601056, KB4601315, KB4601395 and anyone using a smart card reader is now being prompted regularly to connect a smart card device. I have done a lot of searching and most of the fixes involve disabling the Smart Card reader...
  3. Windows security asking for a smart card

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows security asking for a smart card: Good morning everyone, I have to occasionally use a smart card reader to access work-related websites. I have the issue where windows gives me 3-5 popups whenever I start my computer asking for a smart card. It will also occasionally ask for a smart card when I attempt to...
  4. Office smart card reader not prompting for PIN

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office smart card reader not prompting for PIN: Hi, I use a smart card reader along with a smart card provided by my employer. It had been working fine but all of a sudden it stopped working a few days back. Now when I try to login, I do not receive a prompt to input the PIN. Thus the page with the VM launcher does not...
  5. Windows Security (Smart Card Pin)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Security (Smart Card Pin): Everytime I boot in, Windows Security prompts me to enter my Common Access Card. Even if I boot without my CAC Reader in. It only started doing this after the recent update. I've disabled the CAC Reader Driver, uninstalled DoD Certs and reinstalled, created a new profile and...
  6. Windows Security Repeated Smart Card Prompting

Windows Security Repeated Smart Card Prompting: When starting/restarting my PC, I get this windows security prompt to connect a smart card. I click cancel or x out of it, and it will show up another 5-10 times. This only happens when the PC is starting up. I searched for online results, and done things people have posted...
  7. windows security smart card problem after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows security smart card problem after update: Hello, i am a win 10 home user. yesterday i updated the latest windows 10 update and after this i keep getting this annoying smart card pop-up wich even after closing restarts immediatly. i am a somewhat experienced user but this problem has baffled me for the past hour...
  8. Windows Security Smart Card popup

Windows Security Smart Card popup: When starting my computer I get the popup attached below, it comes up and has to be dismissed a total of four times. This happens on two different Windows 10 devices I use. I use a smart card to access enterprise webmail on occasion and that works without issue. I do not use...
  9. Insert Smart Card Prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    Insert Smart Card Prompt: After logging in, Insert Smart Card pops up 4 times in a row and has to be closed. I have disabled smartcard services and verified, the non-force options in the registry. The only other information I could find indicates I should use gpedit.msc to modify the administrative...
  10. About the security of Virtual Smart Cards

About the security of Virtual Smart Cards: Hello all, Trying to have a good overview about the security of Virtual Smart Cards relying on TPMs, I read this very short article (the only I found) covering this topic (first part):...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows security smart card prompt

2. windows security smart card

3. windows security smart card popup windows 10

4. windows security smart card popup,
  5. windows smart card wont pop up,
  6. why does window security smart card keep popping up,
  7. smart card prompt when restarting pC win 10,
  8. windows 10 constantly asks for smart card,
  9. windows security keeps asking for smart card,
  10. windows security prompting for smart card,
  11. windows 10 security repeatedly asking for smart card,