Windows 10: WIN 10 PRO WITH A WIN 8 OEM KEY ON MOTHERBOARD, WINDOWS ARE RUNNING BUT CANT ACTIVATE

Discus and support WIN 10 PRO WITH A WIN 8 OEM KEY ON MOTHERBOARD, WINDOWS ARE RUNNING BUT CANT ACTIVATE in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hey guys, i came across this problem recently on a laptop i'm working on. Seems that this laptop came with a win 8 OEM key which is bounded to the MB.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Andreassg3, May 20, 2019.

1. WIN 10 PRO WITH A WIN 8 OEM KEY ON MOTHERBOARD, WINDOWS ARE RUNNING BUT CANT ACTIVATE

Hey guys, i came across this problem recently on a laptop i'm working on. Seems that this laptop came with a win 8 OEM key which is bounded to the MB. HP ENVY Touchsmart is the laptop, now it is running win 10 pro (they probably updated in the past but now it has 2x keys) and can not activate even tho it has valid key. ShowKeyPlus gave me the following information, i hope u understand the problem

Product Name: Windows 10 Pro

Version: 17134.765 (64-bit OS)

Product ID: XXXXX-10000-00001-XXXXX

Installed Key: XXXXX-WFGWX-XXXXX-4J6C9-XXXXX

OEM Key: XXXXX-YJXPH-XXXXX-RDDWC-XXXXX

OEM Edition: Win 8 RTM Core OEMWIN 10 PRO WITH A WIN 8 OEM KEY ON MOTHERBOARD, WINDOWS ARE RUNNING BUT CANT ACTIVATE :DM

Where XXXXX i hid some numbers.
    Looking forward to your feedback.

Regards

:)

Andreassg3, May 20, 2019
  2. RobCoxXA Win User

Win 10 Pro upgrade using Win 8 Pro product key

I just bought a new computer running Win 10 Home. When I went to upgrade to Win 10 Pro using my Win 8 Pro product key from my old computer, the upgrade wouldn't activate.

Now I'm stuck with a bunch of error messages (mainly 0xC004C003) and am being told windows isn't activated. I can't seem to get my activated Win 10 Home back.

I don't have a product key for the Win 10 Home because it came pre-installed. There's no product code recorded on the packaging or labelling on the device.

So:

How do I either

• activate the Win Pro upgrade, or
    • Get my activated Win 10 home back?

RobCoxXA, May 20, 2019
  3. Windows 10 and 7 Pro OEM activation

Hi,

From what I understand the Win 10 Pro OEM key can be used to activate Win 7 Pro OEM. Bascially I have a request to build a PC with Win 7 Pro, as this is need for the software used by the business. I have run out of copies
    of Win 7 Pro OEM.

I've tried using a Win 10 Pro OEM key for a Win 7 Pro OEM activation, but it's not working, tells me the key is not valid. Am I suppose to install Win 10 pro OEM, activate it, and then install Win 7 pro OEM, and activate
    with the same key. I'm still getting orders for PCs with Win 7 Pro, and finally run out of copies.

What is the correct procedure to activate an Win 7 Pro OEM install with a Win 10 Pro OEM key?

Thanks

DavidKent1, May 20, 2019
  4. Tartaros Win User

WIN 10 PRO WITH A WIN 8 OEM KEY ON MOTHERBOARD, WINDOWS ARE RUNNING BUT CANT ACTIVATE

activate windows 7 oem key

Is there any way to activate a oem key in a win 7 wich has not been installed with the oem disk? The key is the one wich came with the computer and I installed version that matchs with it, so there wouldn't be any problem of using any other disk of win 7, but it doesn't activate.

Tartaros, May 20, 2019
Thema:

WIN 10 PRO WITH A WIN 8 OEM KEY ON MOTHERBOARD, WINDOWS ARE RUNNING BUT CANT ACTIVATE

1. WIN 10 PRO WITH A WIN 8 OEM KEY ON MOTHERBOARD, WINDOWS ARE RUNNING BUT CANT ACTIVATE - Similar Threads - PRO OEM KEY

2. Activation Issues with Digital License Win 10 Home OEM -> Win 10 Pro -> Win 11 Pro -> Win...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation Issues with Digital License Win 10 Home OEM -> Win 10 Pro -> Win 11 Pro -> Win...: I have a Dell Latitude 5401 laptop which came with Windows 10 Home OEM. I have upgraded from Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro and digital license is connected to my outlook id t****@outlook.com.At a later date, I have upgraded from windows 10 pro to windows 11 pro....
  3. Activation Issues with Digital License Win 10 Home OEM -> Win 10 Pro -> Win 11 Pro -> Win...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation Issues with Digital License Win 10 Home OEM -> Win 10 Pro -> Win 11 Pro -> Win...: I have a Dell Latitude 5401 laptop which came with Windows 10 Home OEM. I have upgraded from Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro and digital license is connected to my outlook id t****@outlook.com.At a later date, I have upgraded from windows 10 pro to windows 11 pro....
  4. Activation Issues with Digital License Win 10 Home OEM -> Win 10 Pro -> Win 11 Pro -> Win...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how to activate win 10 pro oem product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to activate win 10 pro oem product key: Today i have installed windows 10 pro oem via network push some where around 70 desktop's now i am having 70 different oem product key in normal scenario i have to type every single product key to activate the product is there any work around i can activate the product in...
  6. Upgrade a Win 10 home OEM to Win 10 Pro OEM with Win 10 Pro OEM Key?

Upgrade a Win 10 home OEM to Win 10 Pro OEM with Win 10 Pro OEM Key?: I recently purchased a laptop that has an OEM version of Win 10 Home on it. I verified this by using : slmgr -dli. Previously I had purchased an OEM Win 10 Pro Key. Can I use this OEM Win 10 Pro Key to upgrade the OEM Win 10 Home to the OEM Win 10 Pro. If so what are...
  7. cant activate win 10 pro

cant activate win 10 pro: [ATTACH]try to fill product key but no work [ATTACH] help pls https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-activate-win-10-pro/1cb5c84e-e7b6-4e1c-b5a0-c9044fb4224a"
  8. cant activate win 10 pro

cant activate win 10 pro: I have 2 computers with windows 10 licenses. One is win 10 home, the other is win 10 pro. Computer #1 originally had win 10 pro license installed, Computer #2 had win 10 home installed. The problem arose when I tried to switch licenses. I did clean installs on both...
  9. Win 10 not activating with Win 8 key? Should this work?

Win 10 not activating with Win 8 key? Should this work?: So the story goes; my motherboard gave up the ghost on my old system so I have basically built a new system. I installed Win 8.1 pro on it as this is what I was previously using and quickly realised that my new hardware did not support earlier than Win 10. I had no internet...
  10. Win 8 Home OEM to 10 Pro.. via 7 Pro OEM disk?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 8 Home OEM to 10 Pro.. via 7 Pro OEM disk?: I've ordered a refurbished Asus laptop that has Win 8 Home preinstalled. I want to upgrade to Win 10 Pro. What'd be the ideal/doable path to do that, considering... I have Win 7 Pro OEM disc.. I don't have any Win 10 discs. Can I download and do clean install Win 10 Pro...