Windows 10: Win 10 Pro?

Discus and support Win 10 Pro? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had read that if you were installing Windows 10 over Windows 7 Professional, you got Windows 10 Professional. Is that accurate? I would swear that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 56Kruiser, Aug 22, 2015.

1. 56Kruiser Win User

Win 10 Pro?

I had read that if you were installing Windows 10 over Windows 7 Professional, you got Windows 10 Professional. Is that accurate?

I would swear that my Windows on my laptop was Win 7 Pro, but the Win 10 installed is Windows10 Home.

Thoughts?

:)

56Kruiser, Aug 22, 2015
  2. win 10 Win User

Settings Icon Appeared Then Disappeared on Desktop By Itself

Totally irrelevant! Do you even read the context of the post???

win 10, Aug 22, 2015
  3. win 10 Win User
    Settings Icon Appeared Then Disappeared on Desktop By Itself

Windows 10 Pro / A settings icon appeared on my desktop all by itself last night. When I clicked on it, it was a list like in previous versions of Windows. It even let me choose sized in upper right corner. This morning 8-16-2015 the settings icon on desktop
    is gone all by itself.

win 10, Aug 22, 2015
  4. zooburner Win User

Win 10 Pro?

Yes that's how I understand the upgrade options also.
    What does the sticker on your computer say. did it come with Pro, or did you upgrade to W7 Pro after buying the computer ?

Zoo

zooburner, Aug 22, 2015
  5. hiphopper Win User
    I'd say you were probably mistaken. Can you remember having or using any of the Windows 7 Professional features: Data Encryption, Remote Desktop Login, Windows XP Mode, etc? If not, you were probably on Windows 7 Home Premium.

hiphopper, Aug 22, 2015
  6. sml156 Win User
    How did you upgrade windows did you upgrade with a USB/DVD and if so was it the proper version

sml156, Aug 22, 2015
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    Did you get asked for a product key and is your Windows 10 activated?

NavyLCDR, Aug 22, 2015
  8. 56Kruiser Win User

Win 10 Pro?

Hi folks...

I upgraded home edition to Pro. I did it on 2 of my five computers.
    I did the download upgrade.
    I do use remote desktop all the time. It works on my one PC with Windows 10, although when open computer properties, it identifies it as Windows 10 Home. I also had used XP mode a couple times.
    I did not get asked for a product key when installing.

I have to admit though, this particular computer had been repaired once, and it came back with Home Edition of Windows 7, but I did a complete restore of it from a complete backup from when it was PRO...but, I don't know, maybe it wasn't set up with Pro. This computer has been through a lot.

56Kruiser, Aug 25, 2015
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    56Kruiser,

Type winver into search and run the command. In the Window that pops up, under the copyright notice it will say, "This Windows 10 xxxx operating system...."

What version of Windows 10 does it say you have?

NavyLCDR, Aug 25, 2015
  10. 56Kruiser Win User

Win 10 Pro? [​IMG]

56Kruiser, Aug 25, 2015
  11. AddRAM Win User
    It says you are running Home.

You can also right click the start button and then click System, it should then also say Windows 10 Home

Mine

Attachment 33871

AddRAM, Aug 25, 2015
  12. 56Kruiser Win User
    Yes, that's what I've been saying from my first post. I was thinking I had Windows 7 Pro on the computer I upgraded. I'm now questioning if I did or not.

Would be good to hear from someone who has upgraded Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10...and if they have Windows 10 Pro.

56Kruiser, Aug 25, 2015
  13. DRFP Win User

Win 10 Pro?

I put 8 pro on my wifes Laptop and activated it by the embedded activation on her laptop, then upgraded till the windows 10 ready showed up, tried to put win 10 pro on via flash drive no go, I also had win 10 home on another flash and it installed activated. I don't why it worked because I thought if it was pro you had to go with 10 pro but its working fine and activated so its a home copy now.

14. 56Kruiser Win User
    So if I understand what you are saying, you had Pro 8, and to get Windows 10 on, you DID NOT receive Windows 10 Pro. You were downgraded to Home Edition.

That is what I think happened to me.

At this point, I really don't know if that is something I should be bothered about or not. Not sure what the difference is on Windows 10 between Home and Pro.

56Kruiser, Aug 25, 2015
  15. DRFP Win User
    Yep, like you I don't know why, I used 8 pro DVD my wife got for free from training when she was an easy tech at Staples

one difference is that updates can be managed on pro as a group policy, on both my home editions I have gone to the update service and turned it off so it wont update till I'm home on wifi, the downside to this is MS has made it so the Windows App store will not work when update service is disabled. Once I turn the update service back on the store works too

Thema:

Win 10 Pro?

1. Win 10 Pro? - Similar Threads - Pro

2. I bought pc from store and they installed OEM windows 11 pro in my pc but now it needs to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought pc from store and they installed OEM windows 11 pro in my pc but now it needs to...: I want to change my window key to OEM TO retail key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-bought-pc-from-store-and-they-installed-oem/ca3af87e-cdf9-45eb-98eb-88f494b8b3da
  3. I bought pc from store and they installed OEM windows 11 pro in my pc but now it needs to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I bought pc from store and they installed OEM windows 11 pro in my pc but now it needs to...: I want to change my window key to OEM TO retail key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-bought-pc-from-store-and-they-installed-oem/ca3af87e-cdf9-45eb-98eb-88f494b8b3da
  4. Upgrading windows home 11 to windows pro 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading windows home 11 to windows pro 11: I am wanting to confirm cost of upgrade? 99.00 I believe. Do I get my VA discount on this type of purchase? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-windows-home-11-to-windows-pro-11/dffb4837-9c4a-4427-bdec-f546a89619bd
  5. Upgrading windows home 11 to windows pro 11

Upgrading windows home 11 to windows pro 11: I am wanting to confirm cost of upgrade? 99.00 I believe. Do I get my VA discount on this type of purchase? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-windows-home-11-to-windows-pro-11/dffb4837-9c4a-4427-bdec-f546a89619bd
  6. Application_Application Error_1000 with playing ea fc 24 pro clubs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application_Application Error_1000 with playing ea fc 24 pro clubs: Hello when i play ea fc 24 and i want to play pro clubs, when i enter a match game crashed and i can not play pro clubs.ultimate team i can play.when i go to logs on my pc it says Application_Application Error_1000.i try alot of ting and had chats with ea support and also...
  7. Application_Application Error_1000 with playing ea fc 24 pro clubs

Application_Application Error_1000 with playing ea fc 24 pro clubs: Hello when i play ea fc 24 and i want to play pro clubs, when i enter a match game crashed and i can not play pro clubs.ultimate team i can play.when i go to logs on my pc it says Application_Application Error_1000.i try alot of ting and had chats with ea support and also...
  8. What happens to my Windows 11 Home License if I upgrade it to a Windows 11 Pro.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happens to my Windows 11 Home License if I upgrade it to a Windows 11 Pro.: I am setting up a new desktop and on my current desktop I already have a Windows 11 Home license installed and running.I want to upgrade my existing desktop to Windows 11 Pro and relocate the Windows 11 Home license onto the new desktop that is being built.A few questions...
  9. What happens to my Windows 11 Home License if I upgrade it to a Windows 11 Pro.

What happens to my Windows 11 Home License if I upgrade it to a Windows 11 Pro.: I am setting up a new desktop and on my current desktop I already have a Windows 11 Home license installed and running.I want to upgrade my existing desktop to Windows 11 Pro and relocate the Windows 11 Home license onto the new desktop that is being built.A few questions...
  10. Why has my laptop stopped recognizing my LaCie SSD Pro after Windows ran an update?

Why has my laptop stopped recognizing my LaCie SSD Pro after Windows ran an update?: My LaCie SSD Pro external drive that I work from everyday randomly will not be recognized by my laptop. A different LaCie SSD drive works, the cable and port both work, and the drive can be recognized by other computers. I know Windows ran an update the morning before it no...