Windows 10: Win 10 Problem for a while - Progranm icon on lower taskbar sometimes do not work-don't...

Discus and support Win 10 Problem for a while - Progranm icon on lower taskbar sometimes do not work-don't... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have Win 10 1809 although this has been happening for a couple of years now. I thought it was the monitor so changed it, the graphics card... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DavidRix, Jun 14, 2019.

1. DavidRix Win User

Win 10 Problem for a while - Progranm icon on lower taskbar sometimes do not work-don't...

Hi,

I have Win 10 1809 although this has been happening for a couple of years now.

I thought it was the monitor so changed it, the graphics card so changed it, the PC itself so changed it and every update to Win it is still the same.

When the program say Firefox is open the icon is on the taskbar and as I open more windows on FF these are added to that icom, so when I click it, all the opne windows show horizontally above the icon.

When I minimize that program with all those windows still open the icon is still there, showing all the pages open. When I want to reopen the program and it is working correctly, I click on the icon and the pages oipen up on the screen. Trouble is this many times does not happen. When I click on the icon it just does not open the page.

The only way I can get those pages back on screen is to right click to 'close all windows' then when the pages open there is a panbel that says something like, Do you want to close these pages?'. If I choose 'No', the panel goes and the page stays there so I am fine.

Why is this. It seems like it must be a Win thing because I have changed 'ALL' the hardware.

Pleas help as it is driving me batty.

Thanks

oz

:)

DavidRix, Jun 14, 2019
  2. JDivineŠ Win User

stuff that don`t work

I also tryed safe mode, it still didn`t work on it. and Glucofacts Deluxe STILL does not work, so... you say that you don`t know how it started working on win 10 for you?

JDivineŠ, Jun 14, 2019
  3. JDivineŠ Win User
    stuff that don`t work

Nice, no answers what so ever... still can`t open new notifications, still right-click don`t work on taskbar... and still no answer as to why

JDivineŠ, Jun 14, 2019
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Win 10 Problem for a while - Progranm icon on lower taskbar sometimes do not work-don't...

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Win 10 Problem for a while - Progranm icon on lower taskbar sometimes do not work-don't... - Similar Threads - Problem while Progranm

2. Specific laptop keys sometimes work, sometimes don't

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Specific laptop keys sometimes work, sometimes don't: I have a Dell Inspiron 13 5310 laptop for 2 years now. Recentlyabout 2 weeks now I have had a problem with my keyboard. Sometimes specific sets of keys stop working. Most of the time, it is m,y,n,h,j,u. The other time it is space, enter, backspace but rarely. Then it starts...
  3. Specific laptop keys sometimes work, sometimes don't

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Specific laptop keys sometimes work, sometimes don't: I have a Dell Inspiron 13 5310 laptop for 2 years now. Recentlyabout 2 weeks now I have had a problem with my keyboard. Sometimes specific sets of keys stop working. Most of the time, it is m,y,n,h,j,u. The other time it is space, enter, backspace but rarely. Then it starts...
  4. Specific laptop keys sometimes work, sometimes don't

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Wifi Icon - Sometimes You See The Icon & Sometimes You Don't!!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Icon - Sometimes You See The Icon & Sometimes You Don't!!!: I have a wifi icon the like to play hide and seek!!! Because sometimes it's in the Settings and sometimes it disappears! So, how do I get it to remain permanently where it should be? Thank you. Regards,...
  6. Earphones don't work sometimes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Earphones don't work sometimes: I have Windows 10 and my earphones don't to work on my laptop. Whenever I plug them in there's no response. However, if i restart my laptop, the problem disappears. Can someone tell me what's wrong with my laptop? (Because I'm pretty sure my earphones are good to go as they...
  7. lower taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    lower taskbar icon: I purchased an item from a site, but cannot get their icon to leave my lower taskbar. How do I delete it on a Surface? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lower-taskbar-icon/9a4d4ce6-23a5-44a9-b117-25805a1ed19a
  8. UWP App icons sometimes don't display on taskbar.

in Windows 10 Support
    UWP App icons sometimes don't display on taskbar.: Hey everyone! I'm having an issue where various UWP app icons no longer display in the taskbar. Win32 apps all display correctly. Please see my attached screenshot for an example. I've reset the icon cache etc to no avail. Thank you! 119986
  9. Taskbar Icons lower right Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Icons lower right Windows 10: Task Bar lower right hand corner, volume etc. My daughter was using my computer and accidently changed somethings. Before there was a icon to click on task bar lower right hand corner and a small window would open to show, battery, USB removal, that is now gone and there are...
  10. Action center icon and windows icon in corners of taskbar don't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Action center icon and windows icon in corners of taskbar don't work: I'm having a big problem. I screwed something up with my taskbar and I can't undo it. I logged on as usual. An annoying message popped up at the lower right corner of the desktop, above, not in, the taskbar, alerting me to something I should download and install that I...