Windows 10: Win 10 Profile Folder Redirection with Server 2012 Duplicating Files

Discus and support Win 10 Profile Folder Redirection with Server 2012 Duplicating Files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi It's my first post here, so be gentle. I did also look to see if I could find another thread before firing off this email. I'm having an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GiraffeDog, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Win 10 Profile Folder Redirection with Server 2012 Duplicating Files

Hi

It's my first post here, so be gentle. I did also look to see if I could find another thread before firing off this email.

I'm having an issue with a user's profile duplicating multiple versions of the same files in their Desktop folder etc.

Anytime I delete the files, they re-appear again and the whole things start again! They appear to have (2), (3) etc after them.

Help!

Keith

:)

GiraffeDog, Sep 18, 2016

2. Windows 10 Folder redirection

I have connected a Windows 10 installation to Windows Server 2012 R2 with the essentials role installed, folder redirection is not working, how do I solve this problem, Win 7 Machines folder redirection working as expected, any assistance would be helpful,
    Thank You

Chrisfjr1300, Sep 18, 2016
  3. When will Windows Server 2012 R2 be 100% compatible with Windows 10?

I have so far upgraded only one PC in our company to the new windows 10 OS and ran the connector that was distributed that same day of the release of windows 10 for Windows Server 2012 R2. Everything looked normal and installation went well, so I thought.
    There is no folder redirection as Group Policy is showing not applicable. The main feature of our server is folder redirection that allows us to log into any computer on the shop floor and still have access to our files from any computer. The connector that
    was released that day still shows windows 7, 8, and 8.1 as being the only operating systems allowed through the connector. Each computer linked to our server displays the client pc name, ip address, mac address, os version, service pack, and boot time. The
    PC with windows 10 on it, the server is recognizing as windows 8.1 still.

We recently made the change last year to Windows Server 2012 R2 from Small Business Server 2011 and the OS was not cheap. Not to mention the amount of time spent configuring the server. So will Windows Server 2016 be free to those who own Windows Server
    2012?

RobertMerrywell, Sep 18, 2016
  4. Win 10 Profile Folder Redirection with Server 2012 Duplicating Files

Anyone? I didn't want to be cheeky and bump this, but I've still not had any feedback. Help!

GiraffeDog, Sep 22, 2016
Thema:

Win 10 Profile Folder Redirection with Server 2012 Duplicating Files

1. Win 10 Profile Folder Redirection with Server 2012 Duplicating Files - Similar Threads - Profile Folder Redirection

2. Downgrading Win 10 Pro to Win 8.1 Pro and Win Server 2019 to Win Server 2012.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downgrading Win 10 Pro to Win 8.1 Pro and Win Server 2019 to Win Server 2012.: I need help with this topic. Is it possible to downgrade Win 10 Pro licence to Win 8.1 Pro and same thing for Win Server 2019 to Win Server 2012.If it is possible can you give me the steps how to do it.Kind regards....
  3. Downgrading Win 10 Pro to Win 8.1 Pro and Win Server 2019 to Win Server 2012.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downgrading Win 10 Pro to Win 8.1 Pro and Win Server 2019 to Win Server 2012.: I need help with this topic. Is it possible to downgrade Win 10 Pro licence to Win 8.1 Pro and same thing for Win Server 2019 to Win Server 2012.If it is possible can you give me the steps how to do it.Kind regards....
  4. Downgrading Win 10 Pro to Win 8.1 Pro and Win Server 2019 to Win Server 2012.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Duplicate files and Folders in Win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate files and Folders in Win 10: Hi I have a query hopefully someone can help with.When opening Explorer and saving files etc It appears I have duplicate locations which is confusing as when I create a folder or file in one location it does not show in the duplicate if I open that . for instance these are...
  6. Duplicate files and Folders in Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate files and Folders in Win 10: Hi I have a query hopefully someone can help with.When opening Explorer and saving files etc It appears I have duplicate locations which is confusing as when I create a folder or file in one location it does not show in the duplicate if I open that . for instance these are...
  7. Duplicate files and Folders in Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Redirected profile folders and Off-Line Files

Redirected profile folders and Off-Line Files: Hi Folks,I have "Re-directed Profile Folders" as a domain policy, and "Off-line Files" as a portable computer policy. If I have a QuickBooks data file in "My Documents", QuickBooks fails to open the file, searches for a reason, and ultimately reports that the reason is...
  9. Win 10 + 2012 R2 and Roaming Profiles

Win 10 + 2012 R2 and Roaming Profiles: So... I'm trying to set up roaming profiles on Windows Server 2012 R2 on a Dell PowerEdge 2900. The server machine is a standard config, raid, dual chip, etc. The WIndows 10 CLient is a standard machine as well, no fancy or off the wall hardware configurations there either....
  10. Duplicate files in Win 10 Startup folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate files in Win 10 Startup folder: I wanted to have the OpenVPN-GUI open on boot so I may have caused two copies to appear in the Startup folder. In any case, it does not open on boot and I have to start it manually. On the other hand, there is only a disable function so I wanted to know if there is any way to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1903 server essentials connector folder redirection