Windows 10: Win 10 Profiles lost every time I restart

Discus and support Win 10 Profiles lost every time I restart in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey, Every time I restart my computer I lose all my profile info and desktop preferences. Not sure if this is hardware or software related. Thought I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DonG_1178, Apr 19, 2021.

1. DonG_1178 Win User

Win 10 Profiles lost every time I restart

Hey,

Every time I restart my computer I lose all my profile info and desktop preferences. Not sure if this is hardware or software related. Thought I would start here with software. Any one got any Ideas? Please respond, thanks.

:)

DonG_1178, Apr 19, 2021
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Win 10 Profiles lost every time I restart :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Apr 19, 2021
  3. CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, Apr 19, 2021
  4. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Apr 19, 2021
Thema:

1. Win 10 Profiles lost every time I restart - Similar Threads - Profiles lost every

2. Win 11 Profiles lost every time I restart Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 Profiles lost every time I restart Windows 11: Win 11 Profiles lost every time I restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-11-profiles-lost-every-time-i-restart-windows/00d43ec7-9e73-4a86-8d21-86ca06120192
  3. Win 11 Profiles lost every time I restart Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 Profiles lost every time I restart Windows 11: Win 11 Profiles lost every time I restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-11-profiles-lost-every-time-i-restart-windows/00d43ec7-9e73-4a86-8d21-86ca06120192
  4. my personalized theme is lost every time i restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my personalized theme is lost every time i restart: I have recently updated my laptop to windows 11 and my personalized theme is lost/disabled every time I restart my laptop, this was never a problem when I had windows 10. It is simple enough to reactivate the theme, but it's getting annoying to redo it daily....
  5. my personalized theme is lost every time i restart

my personalized theme is lost every time i restart: I have recently updated my laptop to windows 11 and my personalized theme is lost/disabled every time I restart my laptop, this was never a problem when I had windows 10. It is simple enough to reactivate the theme, but it's getting annoying to redo it daily....
  6. Every time I restart the computer, it forgets the time.

Every time I restart the computer, it forgets the time.: Always after restarting when I look at the time, it shows a completely different time. I set the computer to synchronize with the time zone, but it still doesn't show me the correct time. What should i do?...
  7. Every time I restart the computer, it forgets the time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time I restart the computer, it forgets the time.: Always after restarting when I look at the time, it shows a completely different time. I set the computer to synchronize with the time zone, but it still doesn't show me the correct time. What should i do?...
  8. A file Opens every time I start/restart my win 10 PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A file Opens every time I start/restart my win 10 PC: [ATTACH] This pop up comes after almost every boot up and when I choose the notepad and open this file, this is there in the file Screenshot below [ATTACH] Pretty much every time the same content is present in the file after opening it from notepad. What is this and...
  9. Heart Attack Every Time I Restart Win 10 ver 1909

in Windows 10 Support
    Heart Attack Every Time I Restart Win 10 ver 1909: The idea of restarting my computer absolutely paralyzes me. Each time I do I am first greeted with a blue screen asking for me to choose a language for my keyboard. After selecting EN the next screen has a list of six things I can do (SysRestore, Uninstall Update, Open...
  10. Lost Shared User Profile with WIN 10 update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost Shared User Profile with WIN 10 update: I was running WIN 7 Pro on my desktop with two login user profiles (George and Jenny). I updated to WIN 10 Pro and install went fine, except now on the principal login page there is only my login (George) My wife's profile is gone, and I cannot see it by clicking on Win icon...