Windows 10: Win 10 Programs are becoming unresponsive and wont close properly

Discus and support Win 10 Programs are becoming unresponsive and wont close properly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So the problem started today where in out of nowhere a random software.. like chrome, steam, photoshop etc will stop responding or just not working in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RiddhimanPanti, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Win 10 Programs are becoming unresponsive and wont close properly

So the problem started today where in out of nowhere a random software.. like chrome, steam, photoshop etc will stop responding or just not working in some areas.. then if i close it or task manager it... It leaves a process running that will hog cpu... If i open the program again it will open yet not work properly , and when closed will leave another process behind

Now no matter what i do, end task them or evn go in details and end process.. they wont close and keep hogging cpu until i restart the pc... Ending process leads to acess denied... And ending task dosent end them

:)

RiddhimanPanti, Oct 19, 2020

2. Programs become unresponsive in Windows 10

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried both with different results.

Step 1: Safe Mode:

This seemed to work and I could save a file in Word without the program becoming "Unresponsive".

Step 2: Clean Boot:

This did not work and Word would become unresponsive when trying to save a file.

I did notice another odd thing. It seems that sometimes (not often) Word would work the first time I used it If I close it and reopened it the unresponsive behavior returned. I tried opening Word several time but it remained unresponsive.

This is very frustrating as I use Word daily.

RobertAAult, Oct 19, 2020
  3. AliceZ Win User
    Win 10 closing and open programs

When I close my Win 10 there are a few "open" items showing but they are visible for less than a second and I cannot see the names of the program(s) that is still open and then Win 10 closes. With my Win 7 if there is a program open when I closes Win 7,
    it will show me the open program(s) and ask me if I want to same them, force close, etc. However, Win 10 doesn't do this because the file name goes away very quickly for me to make note of the name. How can I tell which program was open when I close Win 10,
    if I can't read the name(s)?

I believe one program was "Program Manager" but not sure because it went off the screen so quickly.

I wonder why Win 10 doesn't have the same closing notification which I can read as my Win 7 has?

No one else using Win 10 have this "problem" when closing and a program is still open?

Is this something to worry about? I don't need any more worries as I am still trying to discover what I like about Win 10 over Win 7.

AliceZ, Oct 19, 2020
  4. Win 10 Programs are becoming unresponsive and wont close properly

win 10 will not shut down properly

Hi Richard,

Usually, this issue occur due to outdated or corrupted device drivers, services or processes which are not shutting down properly, or third-party programs that prevents your computer to shut down properly. For better assistance, we'll be needing additional
    information:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is this an error message Explorer\windows\settingsync\BackgroundUploadTask? If yes, where are you getting this message?
    • If possible, can you send us a screenshot?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the Power troubleshooter as an initial troubleshooting step. To run the Power troubleshooter, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Settings.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Click Troubleshoot in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Power
      and click Run the troubleshooter.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

Win 10 Programs are becoming unresponsive and wont close properly

1. Win 10 Programs are becoming unresponsive and wont close properly - Similar Threads - Programs are becoming

2. Workstation becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Workstation becomes unresponsive: Hello Everyone,So we have a workstation that now from time to time without faile becomes unresponisive, the full deal:Black screen, no pining, SNMP down and not a single input working.It is still running, and after a restart if works again for some time.After scouring the...
  3. Workstation becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Workstation becomes unresponsive: Hello Everyone,So we have a workstation that now from time to time without faile becomes unresponisive, the full deal:Black screen, no pining, SNMP down and not a single input working.It is still running, and after a restart if works again for some time.After scouring the...
  4. Computer becoming unresponsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer becoming unresponsive: So, a couple of days ago my computer started to wig out a bit. Whenever I were to use my computer the windows and clicking the windows will become unresponsive, as well as the hot bar. I have tried troubleshooting myself, restarting it, checking for viruses or errors and...
  5. What is the proper way to close unresponsive processes?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is the proper way to close unresponsive processes?: I used taskkill so far to kill unresponsive processes: Code: taskkill.exe /F /FI "status eq NOT RESPONDING" However I read this is not a safe way to close process! It could mess up registry, or Windows, or program data!!! There is also cmdlet: Stop-Process, it works...
  6. Programs closing with no warning WIN 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs closing with no warning WIN 10: Not sure what event would indicate the source of the problem. On startup apps open then immediately close. Faulting application name: TextInputHost.exe, version: 2001.22012.0.551, time stamp: 0x5f7e6ecc Faulting module name: GTII-OSD64.dll, version: 2.0.6.4, time stamp:...
  7. Applications becoming unresponsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Applications becoming unresponsive: I purchased a Dell i7-Gen 8 laptop over a year ago and moved my applications from my old laptop, including two database applications: Family Tree Maker 2019 and Microsoft Money 2007. Both programs worked flawlessly until an update in early September 2020. Since then, I am...
  8. Program and drive become unresponsive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Program and drive become unresponsive: Hello everyone, i am facing weird difficulty here, recently every time i retrieve data from my E: drive then program become unresponsive and E: drive as well. After that Drive usage remain 100% with no data in or out. I run check disk, scannow/sfc and few others utilities...
  9. Programs unresponsive to commands and auto closing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Programs unresponsive to commands and auto closing: Ok... I need some serious help. I have a Lenovo ideapad that is about 5 years old. Recently it has had issues coming back on properly after being asleep which has resulted in many forced shut downs. Today, after a windows update, Firefox kept crashing, and practically all...
  10. ModernUI becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Support
    ModernUI becomes unresponsive: Gaming PC, usual response after gaming for 1 hour or more. Can't click on Start tile, no apps will launch (Mail, Edge, etc.) can double-click program icons to run Windows applications. Usually fix by CTRL/ALT/DEL, log out then restart. Win10 16299.192 GeForce 390.65...