Windows 10: Win 10 reactivation after mobo change

Discus and support Win 10 reactivation after mobo change in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Last week I upgraded my cpu and mobo, and as a result lost my windows 10 license key. I called support and they told me I needed my product key for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by OwO Rawr xD, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Win 10 reactivation after mobo change

Last week I upgraded my cpu and mobo, and as a result lost my windows 10 license key. I called support and they told me I needed my product key for them to help me which is unhelpful because I don't have my product key. I was under the impression they would be able to go into my pc and recover the product key for me since that's what they did for a friend of mine who had my same issue but the support guy mentioned nothing of the sort. So is there any way to retrieve my product key or am I stuck with an Activate Windows watermark on my screen for the rest of eternity?

:)

OwO Rawr xD, Dec 13, 2018

2. Windows 10 pro re-activation after the cpu and mobo change

Hi,

For reactivating your Windows 10 after a hardware change, you can follow the steps provided on this
    article.

Let us know the outcome.

Gerardo Aqu, Dec 13, 2018
  3. win 10 motherboard change, reactivating windows

Hi Famie,

If you are planning to change your motherboard, you will still be able to activate your Windows 10. In Windows 10 version 1607, there is a feature that you can link your Microsoft account to Windows 10 digital license on your device.
    This can help you reactivate Windows using the Activation troubleshooter if you make a significant hardware change later, such as replacing the motherboard.

That being said, we suggest that you follow the steps given on this article
    to reactivate your Windows 10 after a hardware change.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as an answer" to help those are facing the same problem.

Janeane Cru, Dec 13, 2018
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Win 10 reactivation after mobo change

Windows 10 reactivation on hardware changes

Hi Florea,

It is possible that Windows won't be able to identify your computer correctly that is why the operating system is not activated. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to reactivate your Windows 10 after a hardware change.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 reactivation after mobo change

1. Win 10 reactivation after mobo change - Similar Threads - reactivation mobo change

2. Cant reactivate windows after mobo change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cant reactivate windows after mobo change: i changed mobos recently and cant reactivate windows. i tried all the troubleshooting techniques online and these forums. i dont have the option to see what product key is tied to my account. im not sure if my digital key is tied to my ms account. i purchased win10 from ms...
  3. Cant reactivate windows after mobo change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant reactivate windows after mobo change: i changed mobos recently and cant reactivate windows. i tried all the troubleshooting techniques online and these forums. i dont have the option to see what product key is tied to my account. im not sure if my digital key is tied to my ms account. i purchased win10 from ms...
  4. Cant reactivate windows after mobo change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. reactivate win 10 after hardware change

reactivate win 10 after hardware change: reactivate win 10 after hardware change https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reactivate-win-10-after-hardware-change/cf5580fb-7b5c-47c3-996c-9263edd6dcc4
  6. reactivate win 10 after hardware change

reactivate win 10 after hardware change: reactivate win 10 after hardware change https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reactivate-win-10-after-hardware-change/cf5580fb-7b5c-47c3-996c-9263edd6dcc4
  7. reactivate win 10 after hardware change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reactivate win 10 after hardware change: reactivate win 10 after hardware change https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reactivate-win-10-after-hardware-change/ffb706f1-7670-42f8-bdf2-dbe0eeea82d8
  8. reactivate win 10 after hardware change

reactivate win 10 after hardware change: reactivate win 10 after hardware change https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reactivate-win-10-after-hardware-change/ffb706f1-7670-42f8-bdf2-dbe0eeea82d8
  9. Windows reactivation after mobo change

Windows reactivation after mobo change: Hello, I had a Windows 10 Pro licence before, but the mobo stopped functioning. I've changed my mobo and also the processor. It wants me to reactivate the Windows but it won't recognize the older key. Is there a way to transfer the key from the malfunctioning mobo to the new...
  10. reactivating win 10 after changing motherboard

reactivating win 10 after changing motherboard: reactivating win 10 after changing motherboard. I am trieng from months but not succeed to activate win 10 which iam using since 2016 with digital lience....