Windows 10: Win 10 reboot stalls

Discus and support Win 10 reboot stalls in Cortana to solve the problem; Dual system win 7 and recently installed or tried to install win 10 via Media tool. Each OS on separate hd's. When I was informed that the computer... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by AnthonyBruno1, Oct 17, 2022.

1. Win 10 reboot stalls

Dual system win 7 and recently installed or tried to install win 10 via Media tool. Each OS on separate hd's. When I was informed that the computer would now shut down after installing all files and reboot....it did shut down but never rebooted. I have a bcd program that always gives me the choice of using OS, but since the installation, it seems to be corrupted. So i replaced it with another bcd program and still does not offer me a choice. F8 is the only way i can start win 7, when i choose win 10, I get a blank screen but in a couple of minutes i hear the virgin woman's voice congradulating

:)

AnthonyBruno1, Oct 17, 2022
  2. OLSZOWYD Win User

WIN 10 INSTALL STALLS DURING "GETTING DEVICES READY" ON DUAL BOOT WITH WIN 7.

I AM TRYING TO DUE A CUSTOM INSTALL OF WIN 10 ALONGSIDE WIN 7 ON A DELL LAPTOP. THE INSTALL STALLS AT THE GETTING DEVICES READY" PART OF THE INSTALL. I HAVE LOADED THIS COPY OF WIN 10 ON SEVERAL OTHER DEVICES, SO I ASSUME THE COPY IS GOOD. RESEARCHING THIS
    HAS RESULTED IN A SUGGESTION TO DISABLE CERTAIN BIOS SETTINGS. HOWEVER, MY BIOS IS LACKING THESE SETTINGS.

ANY HELP/SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

THANKS, DAVE O.

OLSZOWYD, Oct 17, 2022
  3. access BIOS settings in Win 10

I have an 8-year old computer running Win 10. I need to access the BIOS settings. It used to be the holding down the F2 key during startup would bring up the BIOS screen in Windows computers. But this no longer works. A web article listed a complicated
    series of steps leading to a reboot . . . but still no access to BIOS. Any suggestions?

R BruceBeckner, Oct 17, 2022
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Win 10 reboot stalls

Windows 10 update stall at 99%

Hi Trevor,

Please answer these question to assist you better.

When you say 'update to Windows 10 stalling at 99%' are you referring to upgrade to Windows 10 is stuck or unable to update Windows to different builds?

If your upgrade to Windows 10 Is stuck at 99% then refer the link below suggested by
    Ander Da Costa on May 6, 2016 and follow the steps suggested.

Redirecting

If you are referring to Windows updates then follow the steps and check.

Run the Update Troubleshooter on the computer.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Update. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Windows update.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Windows Update troubleshooter.
    • Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.

Do let us know the status of the issue to assist you further. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Oct 17, 2022
Thema:

Win 10 reboot stalls

1. Win 10 reboot stalls - Similar Threads - reboot stalls

2. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001a...: - System - Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting [ EventSourceName] BugCheck - EventID 1001 [ Qualifiers] 16384 Version 0 Level 2 Task 0 Opcode 0 Keywords 0x80000000000000 - TimeCreated [ SystemTime] 2024-04-25T21:03:53.2241805Z EventRecordID 257213...
  3. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001a...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001a...: - System - Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting [ EventSourceName] BugCheck - EventID 1001 [ Qualifiers] 16384 Version 0 Level 2 Task 0 Opcode 0 Keywords 0x80000000000000 - TimeCreated [ SystemTime] 2024-04-25T21:03:53.2241805Z EventRecordID 257213...
  4. Win 10 reboot stalls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 reboot stalls: Dual system win 7 and recently installed or tried to install win 10 via Media tool. Each OS on separate hd's. When I was informed that the computer would now shut down after installing all files and reboot....it did shut down but never rebooted. I have a bcd program that...
  5. Win 10 reboot stalls

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 reboot stalls: Dual system win 7 and recently installed or tried to install win 10 via Media tool. Each OS on separate hd's. When I was informed that the computer would now shut down after installing all files and reboot....it did shut down but never rebooted. I have a bcd program that...
  6. Windows 10 won't install from USB or DVD. Stalls at flashing cursor and then reboots.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 won't install from USB or DVD. Stalls at flashing cursor and then reboots.: I have a workstation running Dual Intel Xeon 3.4 GHz 64 bit processors Irwindale that I have been trying to install Windows 10 on. I've heard that Irwindale processors under 3.6 GHz are not compatible with Windows 10 however I've also heard of instances of people with...
  7. media playback stalls and requires reboots Dell XPS 8930 WIN10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    media playback stalls and requires reboots Dell XPS 8930 WIN10: Every time I turn on my computer, I find I have to reboot in order to play audio or video files. I have seen many threads saying the problem is with Windows 10. If so, what is the fix? I have been to Dell and uploaded all updates they have for this machine, and no change with...
  8. Windows Update Stalled - unable to reboot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Stalled - unable to reboot: Hey[ATTACH] The latest Windows Update has frozen / stalled - what ever you wish to call it. 37 hrs later it is still on 91%. Have powered down using Power button. When I turn it back on, it starts on the 'update page'. No boot, no intro, nothing, just straight to that...
  9. Computer Stalls but no BSOD, requires manual reboot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer Stalls but no BSOD, requires manual reboot: Background: Over the past few weeks I've been getting crashes/BSOD, usually related to kernel-power/IRQL NOT EQUAL OR LESS. I thought it was my GPU since I didn't DDU when I first got it (went from AMD to NVIDIA). But I just got a BSOD today after DDU and when I went to the...
  10. chkdsk c: \r stalls on reboot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    chkdsk c: \r stalls on reboot: HP HP Pavilion Desktop PC 570-pOXX Windows 10 Home (X64) Version 1703 (build 15063.483) I encountered strange behavior in a couple of programs and thought it might be time for a repair. So I issued chkdsk c: \r which makes an automatic reboot. The reboot went ok and the...