Windows 10: Win 10 reboots on shutdown with fast boot enabled

Discus and support Win 10 reboots on shutdown with fast boot enabled in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; when ever i power or go to hibernation mode my laptop freezes on a black screen for a couple of seconds and then reboots instead of powering off. Now i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by xdarkmario, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Win 10 reboots on shutdown with fast boot enabled

when ever i power or go to hibernation mode my laptop freezes on a black screen for a couple of seconds and then reboots instead of powering off. Now i read something about this issue with Enduro laptops (Dual video cards) and im indeed a enduro laptop, But i can find the hotfix for it...

:)

xdarkmario, Mar 10, 2015

2. Microsoft must review the Fast shutdows (hybrid shutdown) in Windows 10 Takes too much time shutdown

I heve been watching forums with people who are having problems with Windows 10 fast boot/shutdown ( hybrid shutdown) and I include myself, as a reported behavior seems to be constant, the devices... laptops, desktop PCs remain in a state of shutdown,
    they are hanging on the shutdown process and takes way too much time to shutdown.

In my case, my desktop PC with Windows 10 Home 64bits and enable fast boot/shutdown (hybrid shutdown) are little faster booting up, but when you shutdown the PC its turn off the screen fast but then stays on a long time with the lights on and fans running.
    the actually shuting down takes really long time.

But when I disable boot/shutdown fast (hybrid shutdown) PC turns off completely fast

Eduardo Rojas Rodríguez, Mar 10, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Screen Saver wait time keeps resetting to 1 minute

I'm wondering whether the people that have a working screen saver are using the Fast Boot option or whether they have their machine setup to boot without Fast Boot? My experience has been that if you use Fast Boot the screen saver will not work once
    you perform a Fast Boot shutdown but if you disable Fast Boot and then set your screen saver the settings will remain after a normal shutdown. Performing a restart does not use Fast Boot so if you set the screen saver and then restart the screen saver settings
    will remain. In other words there is no way, to my knowledge, to enable the screen saver if you also wish to enable Fast Boot and this is a Windows 10 bug. I determined that with a flat screen monitor in my home I really didn't need a screen saver as I
    have another issue that makes it advantageous to have the Fast Boot option enabled as opposed to performing a normal boot.

Moondoggy_451, Mar 10, 2015
  4. usasma Win User

Win 10 reboots on shutdown with fast boot enabled

Does it reboot if you disable Fast Boot? (this was a problem with earlier versions of Windows)

Even though you're not reporting BSOD's, please provide this information so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum):
    Solved BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums

usasma, Mar 10, 2015
  5. Nope only if I have fast boot enabled and fastboot is a form of hibernation, Ok I'll try to find a way to get a system log.

xdarkmario, Mar 11, 2015
  6. Fixed in preview 10041

xdarkmario, Mar 30, 2015
  7. usasma Win User
    Great! Thanks for letting us know.

usasma, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 reboots on shutdown with fast boot enabled

1. Win 10 reboots on shutdown with fast boot enabled - Similar Threads - reboots shutdown fast

2. BSOD at shutdown with fast startup feature enabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD at shutdown with fast startup feature enabled: I have an Intel NUC which is having BSOD only at shutdown, with Windows 10. I have narrowed it down to the fast startup feature. If disable it shutdows properly, without BSOD. If it is enabled, it display BSOD just before shutdown. I have latest BIOS and latest drivers. Can...
  3. Windows 10 doesn't shutdown/hibernate with fast-startup enabled.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 doesn't shutdown/hibernate with fast-startup enabled.: I recently updated my windows 10 to v2004. But now whenever I try to shutdownwith fast startup enabled or hibernate, the screen goes blank and goes to the lock screen. I don't want to disable fast startup or do force shutdown everytime or reset/refresh my os install I think...
  4. Windows 10 fast boot, very slow reboot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 fast boot, very slow reboot: Before I enabled fast startup the boot took about 5mins and sometimes a lot more. Now after I enabled the fast startup it boots in about 10 seconds. Reboot takes more than 5 minutes. I've had this problem for 3 years. The slow part is the screen with Windows logo and rolling...
  5. is there a difference between restart and shutdown + manual reboot if fast boot is disabled ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is there a difference between restart and shutdown + manual reboot if fast boot is disabled ?: just wondering, i know that if fast boot is enabled, restart is a clean boot while shutdown is a semi hibernation mode. If its turned off, do both options clean boot, or is it switched around ? submitted by /u/Vulpera_is_coming [link] [comments]...
  6. Enabling shutdown sound/turning off fast shutdown?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enabling shutdown sound/turning off fast shutdown?: I've browsed through a few threads on here, and because of that, I was able to figure out how to disable fast startup (which allows me to listen to the startup sound), but also replace it as well since I believe by default, there is no startup sound in Windows 10. However,...
  7. Fast Shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast Shutdown: Ever since I updated my computers to the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, my computers are not shutting down in fast shutdown mode. Can I turn the feature back on or is this a bug until Microsoft can update the OS with a fix? All of my computers have the UEFI BIOS. So,...
  8. How to enable fast boot on PC

in Windows 10 Support
    How to enable fast boot on PC: I recently got a new mobo with UEFI support. I'd like to enable fast boot but msinfo32 still tells me the BIOS is set to Legacy. Is there any good way to change this without reinstalling Windows? 98692
  9. Hybrid boot/fast startup causing system to reboot after shutdown.

in Windows 10 Support
    Hybrid boot/fast startup causing system to reboot after shutdown.: Recently I have observed that my system reboots after 1 sec when booting up. This happens only when I use Shutdown. I disabled the Fast Startup and now it boots correctly but very slow but that is predictable since it hybrid boot was disabled. I have windows 10 Home and...
  10. Can't do hybrid shutdown, despite enabled fast boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't do hybrid shutdown, despite enabled fast boot: Hello everyone. I'm writing this thread because I'm facing a behaviour of my computer I would like to change or fix, but I don't know how I should do any of these. The operating system I use is Windows 10 Home 1709 (Fall Creators Update). The undesired behaviour is that,...