Windows 10: Win 10 "Recovery Drive" General Questions

Discus and support Win 10 "Recovery Drive" General Questions in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; "A*recovery drive*can help you troubleshoot and fix problems with your PC, even if it won’t start. A recovery drive is a USB version of a*system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by daveinroanoke, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Win 10 "Recovery Drive" General Questions

"A*recovery drive*can help you troubleshoot and fix problems with your PC, even if it won’t start.

A recovery drive is a USB version of a*system repair disc*with an option to include the system files to be able to also reset Windows 10 from the recovery drive."

Two questions about a "recovery drive" as described above
    1- once created is it fully functional only the pc on which it was created?
    2- Should a new one be created whenever Windows does an update?

Thank you
    Dave

:)

daveinroanoke, Dec 5, 2018

2. Recovery Drive

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern. In some cases, this could happen if you created a system restore point on your computer. Windows will use the recovery drive to revert to the previous time where your computer is working properly, or where you created
    it. Please don't attempt to put any files in the recovery drive or the restore process will fail. To give you more suggestion and helpful information, we would like to more about your computer. Please answer the question below:

• Did you make any changes to your computer before this issue occurs?
    • Have you install Windows Update before getting the Recovery drive?
    • Which version of Windows are you using? To check it, follow the steps through this
      link.

In the meantime, you can check the files inside the recovery drive and confirm if there are essential files that you need.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Lemuel Cie, Dec 5, 2018
  3. Reinstall Windows 10 to new hard drive

Hi Rodolpho,

We want to know about the issue you're having with your recovery drive. Please answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to reinstall Windows 8 or Windows 10?
    • If you already upgraded to Windows 10, were you able to create a new copy of the recovery drive?

We suggest creating a new copy of the recovery drive and then follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa above this thread.

Update us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

Robert Caw, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Win 10 "Recovery Drive" General Questions

WIn 10 recovery drive creation does not work

Hello Jackie,

As you are facing issues in accessing USB drive to recovery the data, try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

I suggest you to connect the USB drive to different ports and check if it is working fine. This will let us know if the issue is with the port.

Also, try to connect the drive to different computer and check if it is detected, this will let us know if the issue is with the drive.

If the drive is working fine, try the below troubleshooting steps and check.

Step 1: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter as it checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 "Recovery Drive" General Questions

1. Win 10 "Recovery Drive" General Questions - Similar Threads - Recovery Drive General

2. general question

in Windows 10 Support
    general question: ProcessorIntel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.20 GHz Installed RAM8.00 GB (7.89 GB usable) Device ID2A19870F-A938-4F6A-A546-98CBA23F63BA Product ID00330-80000-00000-AA420 System type64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and touchNo pen or touch input is...
  3. Recovery Drive question

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovery Drive question: Hi guys, I have installation media created on a USB flash drive with the Media Creation Tool. My PC is an OEM-Dell but I did away with all the Dell bloatware ages ago. I clean installed using the Media Creation Tool media. In Windows there has always been the option to create...
  4. Recovery Drive Question

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Recovery Drive Question: A couple of questions: 1) I have (3) machines with Windows 10 on them. Will a single recovery drive be usable on all three...if I ever needed it...or do I have to make (3) individual recovery drives? One machine is Windows 10 Home and the others are Pro...if that makes a...
  5. Question on WIN 10 Recovery Drive vs Macrium Recovery/boot/image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Question on WIN 10 Recovery Drive vs Macrium Recovery/boot/image: Tried creating a Windows 10 Recovery USB but two attempts failed for some unknown reason - both popped up a window stating that Recovery Drive was not Created (although it contained numerous files). I used the common method to create the Recovery using a 16 GB USB which was...
  6. General Question

in Windows 10 Support
    General Question: I just had a general question about a setup that I have done. I built my PC and I have an M.2SSD which the os and programs are installed on. From there, I have two SSD drives which I put all the recent jobs that Im working on. From there, I have a dedicated scratch SSD that...
  7. General question

in Windows 10 Support
    General question: I'm trying to help a friend. Ever since he installed the newest Windows 10 updates all of his non-window icons have disappeared. The exe file for his antivirus is not visible (although it says it's properly installed). Something as simply as a yahoo mail app can't be found....
  8. General question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    General question: I realize this doesn't pertain directly to Microsoft. I just trying to seek an answer. This morning I opened my computer and I haven't opened a browser. This popup was on my screen. It reads: Security Alert. Revocation information for the security certificate for this site is...
  9. General Question

in Windows 10 Support
    General Question: Guys, I know this is not really about Windows10. However I trust your opinion in matters of tech! So, what I want to know is about my Phone. It has an internal only battery, so I can't remove it. Does this mean that it can always be Tracked?? (Like in he movies).*Sad 82232
  10. Recovery Drive Question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery Drive Question: Is the recovery drive made with my desktop running W10 Pro 64 bit going to work if ever needed for my laptop running W10 Home 64 bit or will I need to create a seperate recovery drive for the laptop as well? If I do need a separate recovery drive for the laptop, can someone...