Windows 10: Win 10 recovery problem, no recovery disk

Discus and support Win 10 recovery problem, no recovery disk in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Win 10 OS, was updating OS and system rebooted and froze during boot up. Tried Cnt/Alt/Del to shut down system, no success. Finally had to just shut PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JonMcDermott, Jan 18, 2023.

1. Win 10 recovery problem, no recovery disk

Win 10 OS, was updating OS and system rebooted and froze during boot up. Tried Cnt/Alt/Del to shut down system, no success. Finally had to just shut PC off. Now it won't boot up. since I've had this system for several years, I cannot find my recovery thumbdrive most likely used by a child. Any suggestions?Thank you

:)

JonMcDermott, Jan 18, 2023
  2. Pinchy Win User

XP disk versus Laptop Recovery Disk?

Recovery disks are just OEM copies of XP disks. Ie, they can have things such as the companys logo within the files.

If you got a normal XP disk you cant use it. The only way your dads copy of XP will activate is if your normal XP copy is OEM, unless you use the recovery disk.

I always use the recovery disks. Works just like a normal copy *Smile Win 10 recovery problem, no recovery disk :). Plus with the recovery disks you dont need the serial key as I *think* its embedded into the files on the disk. Just need to activate windows once on the net *Wink Win 10 recovery problem, no recovery disk ;).

Pinchy, Jan 18, 2023
  3. Recovery Disks

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

In order to create a recovery disk, follow the steps below:

• Type “Recovery” in search box and press Enter.
    • Select the option to create a recovery disc and follow the prompts to create a recovery disc.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Jan 18, 2023
  4. yogurt_21 Win User

Win 10 recovery problem, no recovery disk

Data recovery software

The Big Useful List Of Free Useful Programs To Use Usually For Free

click the top spoiler and then look down to recovery.

All of the suggestions in the old threads were consolidated into that one.

yogurt_21, Jan 18, 2023
Thema:

Win 10 recovery problem, no recovery disk

1. Win 10 recovery problem, no recovery disk - Similar Threads - recovery problem recovery

2. Problems creating a recovery disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems creating a recovery disk: I cant seem to create a recovery disk for my Windows 10 computer.The recovery disk tool opens ok. I tick the box to create a recovery disk, press next, insert a 128GB empty USB stick, my Virus checker tells me it is inserted but the recovery disk tool does not recognise...
  3. Problems creating a recovery disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems creating a recovery disk: I cant seem to create a recovery disk for my Windows 10 computer.The recovery disk tool opens ok. I tick the box to create a recovery disk, press next, insert a 128GB empty USB stick, my Virus checker tells me it is inserted but the recovery disk tool does not recognise...
  4. Problems creating a recovery disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Win 10 recovery problem, no recovery disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 recovery problem, no recovery disk: Win 10 OS, was updating OS and system rebooted and froze during boot up. Tried Cnt/Alt/Del to shut down system, no success. Finally had to just shut PC off. Now it won't boot up. since I've had this system for several years, I cannot find my recovery thumbdrive most likely...
  6. Win 10 recovery problem, no recovery disk

Win 10 recovery problem, no recovery disk: Win 10 OS, was updating OS and system rebooted and froze during boot up. Tried Cnt/Alt/Del to shut down system, no success. Finally had to just shut PC off. Now it won't boot up. since I've had this system for several years, I cannot find my recovery thumbdrive most likely...
  7. Problem with Win 10 system repair disk or recovery disk

Problem with Win 10 system repair disk or recovery disk: I'd really appreciate any help anyone can give me regarding safety disks/usb. I have Windows 10 Home 64bit. It says ut is version 19042, 1502 I am trying to make a new up-to-date Windows system repair disk. My previous repair disk seems to boot up fine but the two brand new...
  8. Problems making a recovery disk

Problems making a recovery disk: Hello, I am having problems making a recovery disk. I have a Pavilion DV6 that had a hard drive failure, I got a new SSD Samsong 860 EVO 500GB but can not seem to get windows reinstalled. I ran the MS media creation tool. I start it, select "Create installation media for...
  9. Recovery disk / Hide disk problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovery disk / Hide disk problem: So far everything was okay, but for some reason the IRST ( Intel rapid storage technology ) came up on a daily basis some upgrade or refresh. I enabled. Disappeared from drive D. Disk management can not see it. I've been trying everything, I gave up. Please, help. ( Acer...
  10. Win 10 recovery USB disk

Win 10 recovery USB disk: I am trying to create a recovery USB drive from which I can install Windows 10 fresh, if needed. Or quickly restore system images in case of a drive issue. There are a couple of things I am not clear about. Background: I have an ASUS laptop that came with Windows 8.1,...