Windows 10: Win 10 reinstall - will apps still work?

Discus and support Win 10 reinstall - will apps still work? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Win 10 Home computer which will not boot to Windows. I get to a small Windows logo and the 'swirly thing' and then the screen goes blank.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Raleigh Guy, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Win 10 reinstall - will apps still work?

I have a Win 10 Home computer which will not boot to Windows. I get to a small Windows logo and the 'swirly thing' and then the screen goes blank. If I reinstall Win 10 Home from a USB drive, will I also have to reinstall all of my apps?

:)

Raleigh Guy, Apr 14, 2019
  2. Riel Alc Win User

reinstall store app windows 10

Did not work for me. I troed it 3 times, allways got an error.

Hi Fernando,

These are the steps to resolve the issue with Windows Store app itself. For better assistance, we suggest creating a new thread about Windows 10 apps installation.

Regards.

Riel Alc, Apr 14, 2019
  3. Webcam not working in Windows 10 Pro on Microsoft camera app and not on Skype

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you already reinstalled the driver for your webcam, we suggest that you perform these troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern:

Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, Apr 14, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Win 10 reinstall - will apps still work?

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Win 10 reinstall - will apps still work? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Apr 14, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 reinstall - will apps still work?

1. Win 10 reinstall - will apps still work? - Similar Threads - reinstall apps still

2. Need to reinstall Win 10--NOTHING works

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need to reinstall Win 10--NOTHING works: Without details of what happened ALL windows apps are gone! Start/PC Settings--nothing, no calculator, clock wrong time zone but adjust clock does not work, taskbar settings doesn't work, two messages but cannot open. Nothing entered in Powershell works, All I want to do is...
  3. Need to reinstall Win 10--NOTHING works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to reinstall Win 10--NOTHING works: Without details of what happened ALL windows apps are gone! Start/PC Settings--nothing, no calculator, clock wrong time zone but adjust clock does not work, taskbar settings doesn't work, two messages but cannot open. Nothing entered in Powershell works, All I want to do is...
  4. Need to reinstall Win 10--NOTHING works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Reinstall Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall Win 10: Old SSD harddrive has corrupted with loss of everything. It is being replaced with a new SSD. How do I go about reinstalling Win 10 on the new SSD? Original was installed by Dell....
  6. win app not working -- how to reinstall

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    win app not working -- how to reinstall: Hello --- some time ago I installed the "windows file recovery" app --- its not working now --- how do I reinstall it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-app-not-working-how-to-reinstall/56b4fba0-bcbf-4a4a-a78b-086e709b5133
  7. Reinstalled win 10

Reinstalled win 10: I REALLY THOUGHT EVERYTHING WAS OK NOT:OH I HAVE REINSTALLED WIN 10 BECAUSE UPDATES ADVANCED OPTIONS ONLY CAN CLICK ON TOP BUTTON AUTOMATICALLY UPDATE DOWNLOAD BUTTON WILL NOT STAY ON GOES IMMEDIATELY TO OFF OH PLEASE HELP? i WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE SOME HELP?...
  8. Why Do Apps Still Work After Reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Do Apps Still Work After Reinstall: Hi, I reinstalled Windows awhile ago. Formatted and partitioned the system SSD ahead of time. I have a secondary HDD with media that I left alone. After the install I tried running a game from the secondary HDD and it ran. My question is how? I thought if I install a...
  9. Why Do Apps Still Work After Reinstall

Why Do Apps Still Work After Reinstall: Hi, I reinstalled Windows awhile ago. Formatted and partitioned the system SSD ahead of time. I have a secondary HDD with media that I left alone. After the install I tried running a game from the secondary HDD and it ran. My question is how? I thought if I install a...
  10. Reinstalling win 10

Reinstalling win 10: Hi I want to reinstall a laptop currently installed with Pro x32 version and I have few questions please. Would the activation key still be valid if I will install the x64 version (Machine has a x64 CPU). I am not sure whether the current installation is a "upgraded...