Windows 10: Win 10 reinstall

Discus and support Win 10 reinstall in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want to format my win 10 witch i download from internet wen it was still free . How does it work will i got win 10 back again 117368 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hcw, Sep 5, 2018.

1. HCW
    hcw Win User

Win 10 reinstall

I want to format my win 10 witch i download from internet wen it was still free . How does it work will i got win 10 back again

:)

2. JebusPrime Win User

How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Sep 5, 2018
  3. Flogger23m Win User
    Fresh Install of Win 10 without Serial Key?

Looking to reformat a laptops HDD, and then reinstall Win 10 fresh. The problem is it came pre-installed with Win 8 and I did the free upgrade to Win 10. How exactly would I re-format the HDD, reinstall Win 10 and ensure it reactivates properly? I don't see a Win 8 serial key anywhere in the contents of the box.

Flogger23m, Sep 5, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

Win 10 reinstall

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Win 10 reinstall :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 reinstall

1. Win 10 reinstall - Similar Threads - reinstall

2. Want to reinstall into smaller partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Want to reinstall into smaller partition: Dell XPS i7 16GB, 1TB HDD I have been trying (for way too many hours now) to shrink the existing OS partition to approx 100GB (more on this later) and have decided to stop beating my head against a wall. No matter what options I choose, it just will not shrink to less than...
  3. Windows wont boot after reinstall

Windows wont boot after reinstall: I have reinstalled windows 10 6 times but each time it wont boot. It ahngs on a page with 4 pales blue window panes anda rotating circle of dots. Once it did boot and I spent hours setting it up as I wanted it but same again after a restart. Hardware diagnostics all say...
  4. can I get windows 10 reinstalled on my pc

can I get windows 10 reinstalled on my pc: I had windows 10 downloaded to install but lost it can I get it again please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-get-windows-10-reinstalled-on-my-pc/7036c5f6-74a7-4382-8f20-b3baf615ac3e
  5. OEM VERSION REINSTALLATION IN SAME COMPUTER

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    OEM VERSION REINSTALLATION IN SAME COMPUTER: Sir, I have purchased activation key of windows 10 pro OEM version. I have used it on my computer to activate windows. May be I have to reinstall windows 10 pro in my computer due to some reason. Can I use that product key again to activate windows in my computer(same...
  6. Have to replace hard drive will I need the product key to reinstall

Have to replace hard drive will I need the product key to reinstall: I had my computer for 3 years now and the hard drive went bad I don't have the product key will I need to buy one or is there some way of recovering it.Found out the hard drive went bad after I was doing a factory reset and it said it encountered a error and it never worked...
  7. Reinstall not activating

Reinstall not activating: I have a machine I use for a lot of playing around. I reinstalled Windows 10 and it will not reactivate. I have no idea what the original hardware configuration was when it was first activated, but I did log in using my Windows ID, as well as take photos of the previous...
  8. Reinstall Windows 10 over Linux Mint but no NTFS

Reinstall Windows 10 over Linux Mint but no NTFS: My laptop came with Windows 10 Pro. I installed Linux Mint which occupies the whole hard drive. I want to reinstall Windows 10 Pro and remove Linux, but when I use the Windows USB installation disk, there is no NTFS on laptop so I can't install. Any ideas please?...
  9. I need to reinstall windows without loosing my stuff

I need to reinstall windows without loosing my stuff: so like the title says i need to reinstall windows 10 without loosing any of my stuff a few updates ago i installed the update but i messed up my some system32 files so now i can't: install / uninstall anything, open task manager, run cmd promted admin, run powershell...
  10. Reinstallation of Windows 10

Reinstallation of Windows 10: I have an old PC that had Windows 10 installed, via a free upgrade of Windows 8. This PC's hard drive failed and I need to reinstall Windows 10 on the new hard drive. Where can I get installation media and how do I activate this new installation?...