Windows 10: Win 10 reinstall

Discus and support Win 10 reinstall in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want to format my win 10 witch i download from internet wen it was still free . How does it work will i got win 10 back again 117368 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hcw, Sep 5, 2018.

1. HCW
    hcw Win User

Win 10 reinstall

I want to format my win 10 witch i download from internet wen it was still free . How does it work will i got win 10 back again

:)

2. JebusPrime Win User

How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Sep 5, 2018
  3. Flogger23m Win User
    Fresh Install of Win 10 without Serial Key?

Looking to reformat a laptops HDD, and then reinstall Win 10 fresh. The problem is it came pre-installed with Win 8 and I did the free upgrade to Win 10. How exactly would I re-format the HDD, reinstall Win 10 and ensure it reactivates properly? I don't see a Win 8 serial key anywhere in the contents of the box.

Flogger23m, Sep 5, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

Win 10 reinstall

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Win 10 reinstall :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 reinstall

1. Win 10 reinstall - Similar Threads - reinstall

2. Failing Win 10 Hard Drive .. how to reinstall Win 10 on a new HD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failing Win 10 Hard Drive .. how to reinstall Win 10 on a new HD: Hi I have many sectors failed (1186) and 400 suspect ones according to Sentinal on my Desktop HD I am running Win 10 after upgrading from Win 7. If I buy another HD, how do I install Win10 on it as I only have the original Win 7 disc. Any help or links to follow would be...
  3. I cant' reinstall win 10 on my PC.

I cant' reinstall win 10 on my PC.: I cant' reinstall win 10 on my PC. I used the fresh start to reset the PC. After resetting up to 48% a message showing" There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made". Help me. I have tried download media creation tool and it is telling the version is not...
  4. Can't reinstall OneDrive to Windows 10

Can't reinstall OneDrive to Windows 10: Hello, I recently uninstalled OneDrive with the intent to reinstall it from the website due to some errors with certain folders displaying red X's even though they were synced. After running the installation from the download page, it displayed an error (Code: 0x80070020,...
  5. Microsoft ASP.NET MVC 4 runtime Keeps reinstalling

Microsoft ASP.NET MVC 4 runtime Keeps reinstalling: I recently factory reset my system and everything seemed to be alright but one thing has been off and its that Windows Update keeps downloading Microsoft ASP.NET MVC 4 runtime. I tried the past several days to uninstall and it comes back i tried redownloading .NET and its...
  6. Reinstalling Windows 1703 15063.x to 15063.1324

Reinstalling Windows 1703 15063.x to 15063.1324: Greetings All, Ever since installing the last Cumulative Update (15063.1324), my desktop has been freezing up intermittently and my DisplayLink USB Monitor Adapter has been flashing on and off, again on an intermittent basis. So, thinking that there will only be (hopefully)...
  7. reinstalling windows 10

reinstalling windows 10: Hi, I am trying to reinstall windows 10. All I can do is get to sign in and then once I sign in, the computer goes to a black screen. I can't get online this way. My windows and search bottons when clicked do nothing. How can I get windows 10 back as well as getting...
  8. Windows 10 crash and had to reinstall OS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 crash and had to reinstall OS: Hi I keep having trouble with Windows 10 I love the OS with the exception I have to rollback and reinstall my os...u have had to do this many times and am reinstalling my windows 10 o.s for probably the millionth time...
  9. Windows update keeps reinstalling updates

Windows update keeps reinstalling updates: PC=Windows 10 x64 Help please My Windows/microsoft office updates keep reinstalling despite successfully going through the check for updates routine both on pc and online with microsoft. Then I manuall restart multiple times and check again but it does not clear them....
  10. Start button not working after Windows reinstall

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start button not working after Windows reinstall: After a series of blue screen problems I have done a complete reinstall of Windows 10 on my Surface Pro. Cortana talked me through the installation, but when I finally got to the desktop the Start button is not working. Left click does nothing. Right click displays a list of...