Windows 10: Win 10 reinstall

Discus and support Win 10 reinstall in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want to format my win 10 witch i download from internet wen it was still free . How does it work will i got win 10 back again 117368 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hcw, Sep 5, 2018.

1. HCW
    hcw Win User

Win 10 reinstall

I want to format my win 10 witch i download from internet wen it was still free . How does it work will i got win 10 back again

:)

2. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Sep 5, 2018
  3. Fresh Install of Win 10 without Serial Key?

Looking to reformat a laptops HDD, and then reinstall Win 10 fresh. The problem is it came pre-installed with Win 8 and I did the free upgrade to Win 10. How exactly would I re-format the HDD, reinstall Win 10 and ensure it reactivates properly? I don't see a Win 8 serial key anywhere in the contents of the box.

Flogger23m, Sep 5, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

Win 10 reinstall

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Win 10 reinstall :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 reinstall

1. Win 10 reinstall - Similar Threads - reinstall

2. windows 10 reinstalling and activating

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 reinstalling and activating: my windows 10 reinstalling and activation is not working . I have already installed but it was not activated and it is showing some error code ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-reinstalling-and-activating/b082ec7b-3332-434c-b0e9-1a02791c8a2f
  3. I cannot open my windows 10 Settings, even if i just reinstalled my windows completely.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot open my windows 10 Settings, even if i just reinstalled my windows completely.: So recently i decided to reinstall my windows 10, and i did everything right, but expect that i can't open settings. Do anyone has answer to this?...
  4. B450 Mortar Max > B450 Tomahawk Max II - Reinstall Windows?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    B450 Mortar Max > B450 Tomahawk Max II - Reinstall Windows?: Hey guys, my MSI B450 Mortar Max has died so I've bought a B450 Tomahawk Max II to replace it. I'm really hoping I won't have to reinstall Windows 10? Can anybody advise please? 178854
  5. How do I prevent windows to reinstall my keyboard driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I prevent windows to reinstall my keyboard driver: Hi everyone!So, previously, before I update the windows, I have uninstall my keyboard driver and it works fine. but after the update, the driver installed itself. Then I try to re-uninstall, but after the reset it works again.I already do some browse but the keyboard still...
  6. Windows update / reinstall failure 0xC1900101 0x20017 - hardware & software issue?

Windows update / reinstall failure 0xC1900101 0x20017 - hardware & software issue?: I haven't been able to install a major update to Windows 10 since version 1909, over a year ago. At this point I've tried the usual Windows update route, the Windows Updater Tool, updating from an ISO file, and most recently attempting a clean reinstall from a bootable USB....
  7. Laptop camera won’t open; un-, and reinstall helps but until reboot only

Laptop camera won’t open; un-, and reinstall helps but until reboot only: I can’t open my laptop camera in Windows 10, 64 bit. I get the error message it’s not enabled while in fact it is. The driver is said to be up-to-date, among the default apps though the camera is not listed. The only way I can open the camera is to uninstall it then, also in...
  8. Reinstalling the 'Mice and other pointing devices' driver for Windows 10 Surface pro 7

Reinstalling the 'Mice and other pointing devices' driver for Windows 10 Surface pro 7: Hi, I was having trouble with my touchpad recently so I uninstalled the driver, and restarted the computer as I have done in the past which usually reinstalls the driver the touchpad.It has not reinstalled, and my touchpad is worse with responsivity issues and times when it...
  9. Acer reinstall issue

Acer reinstall issue: Hello, i have ordered and received USB recovery media from Acer in order to install factory image for my Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55 Laptop. When i insert the usb flash disc into the laptop and run it via boot manager i get thrown into the media that is installed on the usb flash...
  10. Failed Drive on Laptop preventing it from booting - reinstall W10?

Failed Drive on Laptop preventing it from booting - reinstall W10?: I have a question regarding the recent suspected internal hard disk (HDD not SDD) failure of my Windows 10 laptop. That hard disk contains Windows 10. At present, the laptop will not boot at all. Here is a bit of background on the problem and what I have done to date. After...