Windows 10: Win 10 reinstall

Discus and support Win 10 reinstall in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My motherboard died so getting a new one (same one) the computer originally had win 7 on it and I upgraded to Win 10 for free. Do I need to install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by m38mpp2011, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Win 10 reinstall

My motherboard died so getting a new one (same one) the computer originally had win 7 on it and I upgraded to Win 10 for free. Do I need to install Win 7 first then win 10 or can i get a key and download win 10 on a flash drive & do a clean install. What are my options? Do I need to buy a copy of win 10 ? I have a key from back in the day but don't know if it is still good. Thank you Michael Poletti

:)

m38mpp2011, Mar 9, 2019

2. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Mar 9, 2019
  3. Fresh Install of Win 10 without Serial Key?

Looking to reformat a laptops HDD, and then reinstall Win 10 fresh. The problem is it came pre-installed with Win 8 and I did the free upgrade to Win 10. How exactly would I re-format the HDD, reinstall Win 10 and ensure it reactivates properly? I don't see a Win 8 serial key anywhere in the contents of the box.

Flogger23m, Mar 9, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Win 10 reinstall

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Win 10 reinstall :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 9, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 reinstall

1. Win 10 reinstall - Similar Threads - reinstall

2. wifi disconnects when bluetooth is on windows 11 --- i tried reinstalling windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi disconnects when bluetooth is on windows 11 --- i tried reinstalling windows...: wifi disconnects when bluetooth is on windows 11 --- i tried reinstalling windows reinstalling drivers updating drivers nothing works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-disconnects-when-bluetooth-is-on-windows-11-i/e240c14a-295b-4492-883e-375568836b54
  3. wifi disconnects when bluetooth is on windows 11 --- i tried reinstalling windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wifi disconnects when bluetooth is on windows 11 --- i tried reinstalling windows...: wifi disconnects when bluetooth is on windows 11 --- i tried reinstalling windows reinstalling drivers updating drivers nothing works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-disconnects-when-bluetooth-is-on-windows-11-i/e240c14a-295b-4492-883e-375568836b54
  4. Blue screen crashes after reinstalling Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen crashes after reinstalling Windows 10: I reinstalled Windows 10 because the Windows Updates kept failing and it would not recognize a USB device. After reinstallation, Windows Updates complete successfully and the USB device is recognized. But the computer is now crashing frequently all with different errors....
  5. Blue screen crashes after reinstalling Windows 10

Blue screen crashes after reinstalling Windows 10: I reinstalled Windows 10 because the Windows Updates kept failing and it would not recognize a USB device. After reinstallation, Windows Updates complete successfully and the USB device is recognized. But the computer is now crashing frequently all with different errors....
  6. Blue screen crashes after reinstalling Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. windows 11 device manager does not show Bluetooth how to reinstall Bluetooth driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 device manager does not show Bluetooth how to reinstall Bluetooth driver: Bluetooth not recognising discoverable devices https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-device-manager-does-not-show-bluetooth/1d706c57-9a39-421c-8619-a5257cd45bf5
  8. windows 11 device manager does not show Bluetooth how to reinstall Bluetooth driver

windows 11 device manager does not show Bluetooth how to reinstall Bluetooth driver: Bluetooth not recognising discoverable devices https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-device-manager-does-not-show-bluetooth/1d706c57-9a39-421c-8619-a5257cd45bf5
  9. How do I reinstall Windows 11 after replacing hard drive, if I did not make a bootable USB?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reinstall Windows 11 after replacing hard drive, if I did not make a bootable USB?: The hard drive on my son's laptop has died. I did not make a bootable USB drive for his computer. If I replace the hard drive, how can I reinstall Windows 11 without purchasing Windows again?I read that I can go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo..., select...
  10. How do I reinstall Windows 11 after replacing hard drive, if I did not make a bootable USB?

How do I reinstall Windows 11 after replacing hard drive, if I did not make a bootable USB?: The hard drive on my son's laptop has died. I did not make a bootable USB drive for his computer. If I replace the hard drive, how can I reinstall Windows 11 without purchasing Windows again?I read that I can go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo..., select...