Windows 10: Win 10 release- Win 10 pre release

Discus and support Win 10 release- Win 10 pre release in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Now that my regular PC running WIN 8.1 pro has been updated to Win 10 Pro how to I update my Win 10 PC to the new Win 10 Release! 13294 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tully, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Tully Win User

Win 10 release- Win 10 pre release

Now that my regular PC running WIN 8.1 pro has been updated to Win 10 Pro
    how to I update my Win 10 PC to the new Win 10 Release!

:)

Tully, Aug 5, 2015
  2. MarkEmory Win User

file management within a given folder

I have a desktop and a laptop, which are both up to date with all of the Win 10 updates released as of today.

The Windows Defender is the security software that I use.

The problem is common to both computers when I use Windows Explorer viewing folders/files on any drive. There are 4 drives in my desktop and 1 in my laptop.

I will run the SFC as you suggest but it sure seems like a bug in Win Explorer.

I've been using Win 10 since its pre-release and this is the only serious issue I have with Win 10.

Thanks, Mark

MarkEmory, Aug 5, 2015
  3. MardAZ Win User
    Windows 10 VHD Native Boot Installation--Officially Supported?

OK, so it is pre-release of Win 10. But can you show me something that says the situation has changed post release? I have not been able to find anything from Microsoft saying that it has.

MardAZ, Aug 5, 2015
  4. Jairus24 Win User

What do you mean, you updated your Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview or you have a separate W10 Insider Preview PC and wants to know how to make it RTM? In any case, no further action is required because you already have the latest release, just install the security or cumulative updates if you haven't done so. As I have done on one of my builds, you need to make sure you have installed the Insider Build on top of a Genuine Windows 7 or 8.1 installation to keep it activated or else it will remain an Insider build and the activation will expire, if that's not the case you need to do an upgrade and get rid of your insider build.

Jairus24, Aug 5, 2015
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there.

I think the OP wants to switch from the insider release to the full Retail PRO system. While the insider and RTM builds are currently the same that won't always be true and if Ms ends the insider program your activation will expire.

Assuming you don't want to pay for a W10 licence you have to do the following.

Re-install (or install if never done it before) a QUALIFYING OS such as Win 7 Ultimate / Pro or various versions of W8 / W8.1
    Install latest updates.
    ACTIVATE !!!! and you can't use those unofficial activators.

Now use Media creation tool to create ISO / USB of W10.
    Install on your W7 / W8 / W8.1 system AS AN UPGRADE and do not enter any serial number. You should now have W10 RTM.

If you want to do a Clean install you can do it now --again DON'T enter a serial number.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 release- Win 10 pre release - Similar Threads - release pre release

2. Windows 10 20H2 available for commercial pre-release validation

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 20H2 available for commercial pre-release validation: Windows 10, version 20H2, is now available for commercial customers to begin feature exploration and validation prior to being released for general availability. As previously announced, version 20H2 will be delivered to devices currently running Windows 10, version 2004...
  3. Windows 10 pre-released version(18305)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 pre-released version(18305): updated my pc to the pre-released version(18305) and after that the MS Store app keep crashing all the time after a small pop-up, and also Groove app asks for a Media feature pack where Photos app doesn't....
  4. windows 10 pre release

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 pre release: Please tell me more about Windows 10 Insider Preview 18298.1000 (rs_prerelease),does it have any new features? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pre-release/ff3186a9-4704-4c96-90a4-abc9bb4edbe0
  5. Minecraft 1.9.3 Pre-Release 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft 1.9.3 Pre-Release 3: First we assumed one pre-release for Minecraft 1.9.3 would be all we need to ensure a stable update. And then we had to release a second pre-release the next week to fix the remaining issues. And, because the third time’s a charm, here is the third Minecraft 1.9.3...
  6. DL win 10 anniversary update before official release

in Windows 10 Support
    DL win 10 anniversary update before official release: Will the anniversary update be available before its official release? I know sometimes the gold master versions are released several days early. 57354
  7. upgrading to official Win 10 when released

upgrading to official Win 10 when released: I have a desktop with Win 8.1 and I am planning to put on it Win 10 TP. When the official Win 10 is released, will I be able to just update the desktop with it without reinstalling all the applications? I presume so but I would like to verify, thank you. 5200
  8. Have Microsoft released official Iso's for win 10 ?

Have Microsoft released official Iso's for win 10 ?: Hi Giuys Have Microsoft released official Iso's for win 10 ? Ifso does anyone have the links. Thanks 9328
  9. Minecraft 1.9 Pre-Release 1

in Windows 10 News
    Minecraft 1.9 Pre-Release 1: It is time to stop waiting and start playing. A pre-release of Minecraft 1.9 is now available. We are very excited to enter the final stage before the new version is released. First the answer to the most asked question: We are currently planning to release the final...
  10. Minecraft 1.11 Pre-Release 1

in Windows 10 News
    Minecraft 1.11 Pre-Release 1: We have reached a point for Minecraft 1.11 where we feel ready to level up our snapshots to pre-release status! The observer, llamas, and exploration maps will soon hit all vanilla servers across the world, and here’s your last chance to give it a test run before it does so....