Windows 10: Win 10 Repair Disc will not repair

Discus and support Win 10 Repair Disc will not repair in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi.... Thank you for the forum. Hope you do not mind my asking for help. Been trying and searching for answers for a couple of days... I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by foxint, Jun 18, 2016.

1. foxint Win User

Win 10 Repair Disc will not repair

Hi....
    Thank you for the forum. Hope you do not mind my asking for help.

Been trying and searching for answers for a couple of days... I have given up. We upgraded to Win 10 as the free update so have no disc..I think this will be the root of all future problems.

My daughters win 10 PC crashed and would not boot asking for Repair Disc. I created a Repair Disc from another PC. Installed it and ran it.

I tried ALL yes ALL options for it to fix, repair, return, restart...yes all the options the disc offered - NOTHING...

What can we do. My young daughter is very sad....
    *Sad*Sad*Sad

:)

foxint, Jun 18, 2016

2. win 10 error code 0xc00000e9

Hi,

My windows version is WIN 10 Pro. I recently noticed that the windows start up has become very slow. Consequently, I tried to run start up repair using the repair disc for Win 10 Pro - 32-bit I created earlier. I performed a reboot using the repair disc,
    then I received a message saying that the disc is corrupted, and the repair process could not be completed. I created a new repair disc and tried again to complete the process. This time I got a message saying the process failed because of error code 0xc00000e9.
    Any help with this issue? Many thanks.

توبتن, Jun 18, 2016
  3. Missing create recover cd and backup programs in win 10

I installed Win 10 over the top of Win 8 a couple of years ago when Microsoft release win 10. I did not make a recover cd at that time.

Now I want to make the recover cd and also start a scheduled backup

When I do this I get an error

The files needed to create a system repair disc were not

found on this computer. You can still create a system repair disc

if you have a windows installation disc

Big problem this was installed over the internet and I do not have a Win install disc.

I have tried to create one with the -media creation tool - and when I go to install or repair win 10 everything runs but in the end no create repair cd or backup files are installed.

This is the only Windows computer I have and I really need to make repair cd and be able to schedule backups.

What is next??

I have read a bunch of questions on this forum and tried a lot of different things.

Getting quite frustrated

What is next?????

LarryBlair1, Jun 18, 2016
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Sorry to hear that. Read this tutorial and see if this can help you.
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

Please watch the video too, that should help explain the process. *Smile

OldMike65, Jun 18, 2016
  5. Foxint, can you give us the model number of the machine, as well as any hardware changes you made?

Also, what messages does the machine give you when it fails to respond?

If you are able to get into a command line, type sfc /scannow It will scan and repair problems.

Vince Massi, Jun 18, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    NavyLCDR, Jun 18, 2016
  7. foxint Win User
    Guys

Thank you.... I will try and be as specific as I can. I am no PC Guy, so please excuse my lack of technical knowledge:

1. I watched the video - but I cannot boot up into windows.
    2. It is a socket 775 Intel Q6600 Quad Core 64-bit Custom PC with Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3. On boot it says: "Disk boot failure, insert system Disc and press enter". It stops here. I created a Recovery Disc - instered and pressed enter - nothing. I have to leave the disc in the tray and then turn in off/on for anything to happen.
    3. Not sure if a clean install will work. I tried it on my main PC and due to the installation wanting a different product key it did not work.
    The PC was "updated" from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro.

When the Recovery Disc finally work NO, repeat NO options lead to recovery.

*Sad

foxint, Jun 18, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

When Windows setup asks for a product key, click "I don't have a product key", "skip", or "do this later." Then pick the same version of Windows 10, which is Windows 10 Pro. After installation, Windows 10 will activate itself by retrieving the digital entitlement for Windows 10 that was stored on Microsoft activation servers when you first upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro.

NavyLCDR, Jun 18, 2016
  9. foxint Win User
    Guys - thank you.

So it would seem that my option is Clean Install...OK...but that will mean I loose all my programmes. This is not a great idea.

I really appreciate the help. But is there another way?

My daughter will be most upset she will loose everything....???

foxint, Jun 18, 2016
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    NavyLCDR, Jun 18, 2016
  11. CountMike New Member
    It could also be a bad hard disk, it's proper operation should be checked and if it has bad sectors or widespread corruption none of OS repairs may work.

CountMike, Jun 18, 2016
  12. foxint Win User
    Guys - thank you.

I am still downloading the USB Win Clean install to USB. For some reason it is disable most of the function of my PC. I have pulled out all my talents as all most of my USB ports are not functioning - I have attached the keybord via PS2 and the mouse into a USBport above that.....why do windows make it so long and difficult...??? It is the USB stick 64GB seems to dislike my PC

Windows 10 Recovery Tools - I really did not understand any of the link. Plus I have run out of PC's and USB CD's.

Looks like I will have to do the clean install and pull a rabit out of the hat to wipe away her sadness at the loss of all her stuff.

ahhhhh.... *Sad

foxint, Jun 18, 2016
  13. foxint Win User

Hi Guys

Thanks for the help.

It took all of yesterday and most of the night to download the Media Creation tool and the files it installed....

I could not get the PC to boot from the USB. So I unplugges everything and the only thing was the USB...but it when back to the recovery mode and we did the same stuff as before.

I looked into the USB and there was only 3GB of stuff.... I will spend most of today downloading it AGAIN.....

Since the PC is dead...How do I know what drive letter the USB is so I can boot from it????

*Sad

foxint, Jun 19, 2016
  14. NavyLCDR New Member
    When you boot from a USB it won't be assigned a drive letter. Bios/UEFI does not assign drive letters before booting - the operating system assigns drive letters after it loads.

If you post a screenshot of the folders on the USB flash drive, we can tell you if it looks correct.

NavyLCDR, Jun 19, 2016
  15. foxint Win User
    Thank you. My camera battery is flat and I cannot take a screen shot. But I hope after downloading it a second time is is OK....

But I cannot get the PC to boot from the USB. If I leave the HDD connected if keep looping on the HDD. When I disconnect the HDD, all I hear is the CD/DVD player wizz arround....

After 15min I get a light blue screen with "Turn off PC" or "Trouble Shoot".....tried them all - nothing. Tried Repair. again NOTHING.

Seems like I am chasing my tail and the PC will NOT boot from USB.

My only solution (unless there are others) is to re-install Win 7 from the disc (since I cannot boot from USB) and then the few day process of updating win 7 then do win 10 over the internet ahhhhhhh*Sad*Sad*Sad*Sad

I had another idea...I tried (and failed) to copy the USB to a CD/DVD...so I am not downloading the files from windows AGAIN. And I will try and install Win 10 from the CD as the USB is not working.

Any suggestions????

foxint, Jun 19, 2016
Thema:

1. Win 10 Repair Disc will not repair - Similar Threads - Repair Disc repair

2. repair disc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    repair disc: Hi, have made a backup to my Windows 10 PC, and was offered to create a repair disc, I used a usb flash as usual, but got a note that say [The system repair disc could not be created][Windows did not find a CD/DVD burner, make sure it is connected to the computer and try...
  3. repair disc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    repair disc: Hi, have made a backup to my Windows 10 PC, and was offered to create a repair disc, I used a usb flash as usual, but got a note that say [The system repair disc could not be created][Windows did not find a CD/DVD burner, make sure it is connected to the computer and try...
  4. repair disc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows repair disc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows repair disc: Hello everyone! Can I create a system repair disc on a movable USB flash drive, because my PC doesn't possess any CD/DVD slot and everytime I try to create one, It says it could not find a CD or DVD burner...
  6. Windows repair disc

Windows repair disc: Hello everyone! Can I create a system repair disc on a movable USB flash drive, because my PC doesn't possess any CD/DVD slot and everytime I try to create one, It says it could not find a CD or DVD burner...
  7. Windows 10 repair disc ..

Windows 10 repair disc ..: Hi I was having problems with something called stopcode blue screen ..I tried repair disc that I made but. It said I couldn't delete any updates ..I hit back and tried something else that wouldn't work ..by mistake I hit shutdown ..the ocean went dark .the start button on the...
  8. win10 repair disc

win10 repair disc: How to make a win10 repair disc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-repair-disc/e698be65-1bdd-4a35-9e38-fbc464eebe3f
  9. Disc D Repair

Disc D Repair: Does the Scanning and Repair option work or can I buy a disc repair tool? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disc-d-repair/7555a9cf-bec8-4ac0-8471-e4301946058f
  10. Can't create win 10 repair disc

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't create win 10 repair disc: I tried to create a repair disc for an HP laptop but windows wants me to insert an installation disc. I don't have any. I upgraded it from win 8.1 to win 10 so I don't have an installation disc. How do I get over this requirement? My two Dell laptops created repair discs just...