Windows 10: Win 10 Repair Not Working

Discus and support Win 10 Repair Not Working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am attempting to perform a Win 10 repair. I ran setup.exe from my original Win 10 installation DVD but cannot select to keep files and apps and get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MisterPotatoHead, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Win 10 Repair Not Working

I am attempting to perform a Win 10 repair. I ran setup.exe from my original Win 10 installation DVD but cannot select to keep files and apps and get the message: "you can't keep windows settings, personal files, and apps because your current version of windows might be installed in an unsupported directory."

I checked my regedit entries and found they are appropriately set to C:\Program Files with the exception of ProgramFilesPath is set to %ProgramFiles% - perhaps because I have some programs running from a second HDD.

I downloaded MediaCrationTool1809.exe but it fails to run with the following error: 0x80072EFD-0x20000.

I haven't tried a third party program to create a Windows ISO.

Any tips?

:)

MisterPotatoHead, Apr 20, 2019
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Apr 20, 2019
  3. OneMoar Win User
    I flashed my DCII-7970 with Ati flash and now it's not working

open a RMA with ASUS send the card in for repair if atiflash isn't listing both cards then there is no possibility for you to repair it

OneMoar, Apr 20, 2019
  4. Win 10 Repair Not Working

Repair Windows 7/8/10

Thanks Drone!

Now I'm running into another issue.

I cloned the HDD to Sony Evo 850 SSD using EaseUs todo (the program it came with- Sony Magician didn't work) with success but when I install the new drive it says it's not bootable.

I've searched for this issue on other forums, but many answers pertain to Windows7, or have solutions involving DVD's (I have no blank ones, plenty of USBs however.) I'm hoping I can boot from USB, from what I've read it seems like I can get the proper drivers so it will know how to start up with the new SSD. If anyone knows how to do this, I would need step by step instructions.

As a newbie to DIY computer repairs, I am feeling stumped at this point! I feel so close yet so far..

Specs for my ultrabook: Acer m5 581t
    New SSD: 250gb sony evo 850

Any hints or suggestions welcomed!

Thanks!

Loveisallyouneed, Apr 20, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 Repair Not Working

1. Win 10 Repair Not Working - Similar Threads - Repair Working

2. How to fix not working keyboard all keys while in automatic repair.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix not working keyboard all keys while in automatic repair.: I am almost recovering my PC from automatic repair with no cursor and just finding the recovery key and then suddenly the keyboard have a problem also, now I'm stuck with this. I am looking for any feedbacks and videos from people of how to fix it, I came through here and...
  3. How to fix not working keyboard all keys while in automatic repair.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix not working keyboard all keys while in automatic repair.: I am almost recovering my PC from automatic repair with no cursor and just finding the recovery key and then suddenly the keyboard have a problem also, now I'm stuck with this. I am looking for any feedbacks and videos from people of how to fix it, I came through here and...
  4. How to fix not working keyboard all keys while in automatic repair.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Update error 0x80070643 suggested repairs not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update error 0x80070643 suggested repairs not working.: Repeated attempts to fix this error have failed including everything here:...
  6. Update error 0x80070643 suggested repairs not working.

Update error 0x80070643 suggested repairs not working.: Repeated attempts to fix this error have failed including everything here:...
  7. Update error 0x80070643 suggested repairs not working.

8. Hey guys so my computer got into automatic repair loop issue, it didn't work I went into...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hey guys so my computer got into automatic repair loop issue, it didn't work I went into...: Hey guys so my computer got into automatic repair loop issue, it didn't work I went into the advanced repair mode and when I click any option inhe advanced repair mode my computer freezes what do i do? I really need help...
  9. Hey guys so my computer got into automatic repair loop issue, it didn't work I went into...

Hey guys so my computer got into automatic repair loop issue, it didn't work I went into...: Hey guys so my computer got into automatic repair loop issue, it didn't work I went into the advanced repair mode and when I click any option inhe advanced repair mode my computer freezes what do i do? I really need help...
  10. Hey guys so my computer got into automatic repair loop issue, it didn't work I went into...