Windows 10: Win 10 Reservation on small tablets

Discus and support Win 10 Reservation on small tablets in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Morning all, Has anyone with a small tablet (7 or 8") received the app to reserve win 10 yet So far I haven't so I am thinking tablet is not yet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by paulsalter, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Win 10 Reservation on small tablets

Morning all,

Has anyone with a small tablet (7 or 8") received the app to reserve win 10 yet

So far I haven't so I am thinking tablet is not yet compatible, so wondering if anyone else has

Mine is the 8" Linx with Win8.1 for Bing

:)

paulsalter, Jun 7, 2015

2. Why can't I download Windows 10 for my Tablet?

Why is it that my tablet can't download win 10, it only shows up that it's reserved

Racer - SK, Jun 7, 2015
  3. CliveS Win User
    no windows 10 icon on my 8.1 tablet, only on my desktop

I'd like to reserve windows 10 for my 8.1 tablet, but want to hold off on my desktop. My tablet is set to receive win updates automatically.

CliveS, Jun 7, 2015
  4. DavidY Win User

Win 10 Reservation on small tablets

Hi Paul,

You post prompted me to have a look at my tablet - a 32GB device which Tesco were selling cheap (and seem to have stopped now) a few months ago.

You probably knew this, but just in case not (or in case some reads this thread who doesn't know it), the first thing I remembered is that these small WIMBoot tablets don't download any updates except Critical ones from Windows Update.
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-GB/.../dn594399.aspx
    So I went off to the Tutorial to get the links to manually download update KB3035583.

But having just installed the update I'm still not seeing the icon. I'm not sure how quickly to expect it to appear, having just installed the update (and rebooted) though?

DavidY, Jun 7, 2015
  5. Thanks for the info, I didn't realise only certain updates happened on the tablet, I have checked updates and everything it shows has been updated, looks like I need to manually do some more

battery is nearly flat at the moment (forgot to charge last night), so will check the tutorial out once its charged

paulsalter, Jun 7, 2015
  6. DavidY Win User
    Yours may be different to mine, but I suspect it's well worth a check through the installed updates list when it's charged up.

DavidY, Jun 7, 2015
  7. Just had a check of updates, I already have the KB3035583

I remember reading these devices weren't compatible with the earlier TP, not sure on recent
    looks like a waiting game to see when 10 is ready for them

paulsalter, Jun 7, 2015
  8. Win 10 Reservation on small tablets

WIMboot tablets may have to wait a while due to internal storage. Some tabs only have 16gb storage and loading a new OS on sparce storage has proven to be a problem. You will probably have to do a clean install which is why the upgrade icon is not showing up.

dirtydee000thed, Jun 15, 2015
  9. Thanks for the info and welcome to the forums *Smile

I am not in any rush on the tablet, waiting for changes that are happening to 10 after release anyway

hopefully some new from MS about tablet upgrades/clean installs will come out soon

paulsalter, Jun 15, 2015
  10. The reservation is now available on my tablet, no issues reported

going to wait before updating it though, need to test tablet mode on another device

EDIT : changed my mind, win 10 has been reserved

paulsalter, Jul 13, 2015
  11. DavidY Win User
    That's good news. I'll try mine to see if that offers me a Reservation.

DavidY, Jul 13, 2015
  12. DavidY Win User
    I've run all the updates I can on my tablet. No reservation icon yet though. *Sad

DavidY, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 Reservation on small tablets

1. Win 10 Reservation on small tablets - Similar Threads - Reservation small tablets

2. System Reserved Partition too small

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Reserved Partition too small: I have a windows 10 build 1909 ... two years ago I had trouble updating to 1909 due to System Reserve Partition too small. At the time I worked with a program and probably have made a mess. 1909 has reached end of support and once again I have the same issue ... I want to...
  3. System Reserved Partition too small

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Reserved Partition too small: I have a windows 10 build 1909 ... two years ago I had trouble updating to 1909 due to System Reserve Partition too small. At the time I worked with a program and probably have made a mess. 1909 has reached end of support and once again I have the same issue ... I want to...
  4. System Reserved Partition too small

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Win 10 clean install from USB created too small a "system reserve partition"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 clean install from USB created too small a "system reserve partition": Hi, I created the Win 10 installation media on USB from the download site around Jan 28, 2021. I used it now Feb 9 2021 to do a clean install of Win 10 and took the advanced install option. At the disk partition screen I deleted all the existing partitions on drive 0 and...
  6. Win 10 reservation link

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 reservation link: Does anyone have or know the win10 Reservation Link or where to get win 10 upgrade? Thank You! 57504
  7. Necessary to reserve Win 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Necessary to reserve Win 10?: I've not decided yet if I will upgrade or clean install Win 10 when it is released. If I do upgrade, I will be restoring an image I've made, before the restore. So either way, I see no need to start downloading any preliminary files, which I've read that the reservation will...
  8. Win 10 cost for tablets ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 cost for tablets ?: I know we don't know costs for Windows 10 on Desktops/Laptops yet, hopefully soon, however Does anyone have any thoughts on what they will do cost wise for Tablets, from what I read Windows is free to manufacturers (or something like that) if the screen size is small, 7"...
  9. Windows 10 Text Size Too Small On Tablet

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Text Size Too Small On Tablet: Hello, I'm really disappointed with Windows 10, I'm having problem after problem after problem. I have a 10 inch linx tablet which shipped with Windows 10. The font / text size just seems totally wrong especially when browsing in edge. Whether I'm in tablet mode or...
  10. Win 10 Tablet help

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Tablet help: Have a Dell tablet with Win 10. Using a stylus with the on-screen keyboaard. I keep ggetting multiple letteeers everytime I type. (As you can seee) Is there a setting somewhere I can change to make this less sensitive? Sometthing I can change to fffix this? Its a real pain...