Windows 10: Win 10 Reset Issue

Discus and support Win 10 Reset Issue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Following recent system and features software updates, my Win 10 Pro machine would not boot. Auto repair function provided no joy. Reversal of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JeffBeecher, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Win 10 Reset Issue

Following recent system and features software updates, my Win 10 Pro machine would not boot.

Auto repair function provided no joy.

Reversal of recent updates system and feature set provided no joy.

Reset/Reinstalled Win 10 using retain personal files option. Process took 8+hours.

Machine will now boot very slowly ~ 20min. HDD light on continuously

Log In using PIN is slow ~ 3 min and unreliable some times going to desktop, other times going back to pre-login start-up page.

HDD light on continuously

Any troubleshooting ideas?

:)

JeffBeecher, Jul 5, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 5, 2020
  3. midgo Win User
    Win 10 1607 Restart Issue

I am having a Win 10 1607 restart issue.

In my case the PC tries to restart but the monitor screen goes black and then the monitor screen powers off.

The PC keeps running but will not restart.

I have to push the reset button to restart the PC.

Shut down works fine.

In both restart and shutdown there are no spinning dots...

Can any one help with this restart issue.

I have tried most suggestions on the interwebz:////

My next step is to go back to the previously installed version 1511 in which restart worked then do an upgrade from the 1607 ISO I downloaded.

If this fails I will bite the bullet and do a clean install but I would rather just resolve the issue if I can as I have Win 10 running just the way I like it:///

midgo, Jul 5, 2020
  4. EntropyZ Win User

Win 10 Reset Issue

Windows 10 issues!

I had a similar issue but it only happen on older hardware, Windows would install the stock drivers which would make it nearly impossible to access the internet. Luckily I had newest Intel and Realtek NIC drivers that ran perfectly on Win 10 x64 1607 version, installing those fixed my that problem.

This also can happen on a non-fresh install of WIn 10, when you try to boot from a different computer/motherboard, after a single failed boot, Windows will try to re-detect and re-install all of the drivers, which definitely won't be the most stable or newest.

I tried everything, flushing cache, resetting router, uninstalling the device completely from the list, removing the LAN connection entirely, none of those helped.

EntropyZ, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

Win 10 Reset Issue

1. Win 10 Reset Issue - Similar Threads - Reset Issue

2. PC has performance issues and stuttering ever since I did a system reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC has performance issues and stuttering ever since I did a system reset: Hello everyone, so ever since I reset my system everything has been working very poorly. Browers are laggy and oftentimes have visual bugs. Any game I play, even the ones that have a low benchmark stutter and lag with frequent fps drops. Before the reset I was able to play...
  3. PC has performance issues and stuttering ever since I did a system reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC has performance issues and stuttering ever since I did a system reset: Hello everyone, so ever since I reset my system everything has been working very poorly. Browers are laggy and oftentimes have visual bugs. Any game I play, even the ones that have a low benchmark stutter and lag with frequent fps drops. Before the reset I was able to play...
  4. PC has performance issues and stuttering ever since I did a system reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Reset Issue!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset Issue!: Hi I'm trying to do a factory reset on my Dell Computer because it has been slowing down massively lately even tho all my storage is practically clear! It is now stuck on this loop, how do I resolve this? If I click ok it tries to restart then this box appears again. I'm...
  6. Reset Issue!

Reset Issue!: Hi I'm trying to do a factory reset on my Dell Computer because it has been slowing down massively lately even tho all my storage is practically clear! It is now stuck on this loop, how do I resolve this? If I click ok it tries to restart then this box appears again. I'm...
  7. Win11 reset issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 reset issue: So i just migrated from win10 to win11 by using an official .iso which i executed through the explorer. Then i noticed that i couldnt activate core isolation due to left-overs from old Razer drivers. I couldnt manage to trace the driver down through the device-manager or...
  8. Win11 reset issue

Win11 reset issue: So i just migrated from win10 to win11 by using an official .iso which i executed through the explorer. Then i noticed that i couldnt activate core isolation due to left-overs from old Razer drivers. I couldnt manage to trace the driver down through the device-manager or...
  9. Reset Windows 11 Pro to fix Edge, now windows security issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset Windows 11 Pro to fix Edge, now windows security issue.: Hello,Need your expertise, before I delete all partitions and reinstall windows 11 Pro from scratch.so.I read all the posts in regards to app/edge browser/ 3 dots both options to modify and the other one greyed out.No fix worked, registry fix, and the other one. So just went...
  10. Reset Windows 11 Pro to fix Edge, now windows security issue.

Reset Windows 11 Pro to fix Edge, now windows security issue.: Hello,Need your expertise, before I delete all partitions and reinstall windows 11 Pro from scratch.so.I read all the posts in regards to app/edge browser/ 3 dots both options to modify and the other one greyed out.No fix worked, registry fix, and the other one. So just went...