Windows 10: Win 10 rollback faillure BSOD boot loop but boots in safe mode win7?

Discus and support Win 10 rollback faillure BSOD boot loop but boots in safe mode win7? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I tried rolling back from windows 10 to 7. Won't boot, get BSOD trying to boot win 10 but can boot in safe mode win 7! My MS License from win 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Judypc, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Judypc Win User

Win 10 rollback faillure BSOD boot loop but boots in safe mode win7?

I tried rolling back from windows 10 to 7.

Won't boot, get BSOD trying to boot win 10 but can boot in safe mode win 7!

My MS License from win 7 shows unactivated after rollback.

Have tried Everything!
    1. Won't let me restore prev pt in Safe mode/ not there.
    2. Doesn't repair from install disc.
    3. Says no previous vers windows installed, but boots in win 7 safe mode?
    4. Have prod key but can't activate by phone or pc
    5. Tried re-intering prod key in command promp, get error 0x8007043c
    7. Have backup on ex hard drive, but can't access or restore in safe mode
    7. Is a genuine prod key for win 7 purchased laptop
    8. Tried re-installing win 10, but can't due to laptop now showing win 7 key not activated and can't do it in safe mode.
    10. Tried system repair disc from last year, also does not work at all or in safe mode

Every avenue I have tried on the internet either doesn't work in safe mode or not available. I really don't want to reinstall win 7 but may have to?

If I have to reinstall win 7, will a backup/restore on ex drive put it back where it was before upgrading to win 10 including programs or just files?

Ughhhhhhhhh *Mad

:)

Judypc, Jul 25, 2016

2. Rolled Back to Win 7 after Win 10 upgrade proves they aint quite got it right....

Thanks for reply , but when selecting Safe mode with networking, the system runs through all normal display expected in safe mode pauses as though to boot into safe mode then BSOD same error , and loops back round to error recovery screen . managed to
    freeze frame BSOD on video ...Usual A problem has been detected, check for viruses etc blurb...... Technical information though is *** STOP: 0x0000007B (0x80786B58, 0xC0000034, Ox00000000, 0x00000000) don't know if this is of any help ?

Sounds like a good solution, if it would just let me boot into safe mode

wayfinder20, Jul 25, 2016
  3. BSOD after upgrade to windows 10

After upgrading Win 7 to Windows 10 my PC endswith BSOD every time it boots up.

If I let it finish the boot without logging in, it BSODs at the end of the boot.

If I log in as soon as I am able to, it BSODs at the end of the boot/login.

Maybe one of the last services loaded is cause of the BSOD?

I can boot to safe mode with no problems,

and in the Windows system log I see lots of faults under the latest normal boot sequence.

What do I do to narrow down the problem?

HenrikKoefoed, Jul 25, 2016
  4. Judypc Win User

The solution was in front of my face and so easy :0

All I had to do was uninstall the update!

This is what I was trying to do: reserve a copy of win 10 for later
    Get Windows 10 for Free After July 29th, with a Little Prep Now

If I uninstalled the update and it shows in my update history, can I re install it a year from now as the article states?
    Upgrade to Windows 10 Home, version 1511, 10586

Installation date: ‎7/‎24/‎2016 2:02 PM

Installation status: Successful

Update type: Optional

Install the next version of Windows.

More information:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=507415

Help and Support:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=507417

Thanks!!

Judypc, Jul 25, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Did you ever confirm that Windows 10 was fully activated on your computer? Without having actually seen Windows 10 fully activated on your computer it is just a guess as to whether you now have a digital entitlement/license for Windows 10 stored on Microsoft activation servers for it.

NavyLCDR, Jul 25, 2016
  6. Judypc Win User
    Yes, I believed that it was activated and then rolled back. Anyway to check?

I installed, then tried rolling it back but had to uninstall the 10 update. I have an icon showing "Get windows 10", so I am assuming it wasn't?

If I need to reinstall 10 and then go back to 7, what would you suggest I do to have a some transition back to 7 from 10. I don't want the mess I had earlier.

Thank you so much for your reply.

Judypc, Jul 26, 2016
  7. Judypc Win User
    Looking through the forum, it seems that I did not activate it with a MS account. I assume I need to reinstall then rollback.

I would appreciate the best way to do this so I don't have any problems. System image? Backup to hard drive instead of external?

Thanks again

Judypc, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 rollback faillure BSOD boot loop but boots in safe mode win7? - Similar Threads - rollback faillure BSOD

2. Win 10 boots to Safe Mode after updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 boots to Safe Mode after updates: When I installed the April 2022 Windows updates and did a restart, Windows 10 64-bit came up in Safe Mode. I tried various things and rebooted several times, but it always came up in Safe Mode. Thanks to a user in this community, I figured out how to turn off Safe Mode using...
  3. Win 10 boots to Safe Mode after updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 boots to Safe Mode after updates: When I installed the April 2022 Windows updates and did a restart, Windows 10 64-bit came up in Safe Mode. I tried various things and rebooted several times, but it always came up in Safe Mode. Thanks to a user in this community, I figured out how to turn off Safe Mode using...
  4. Win 10 boots to Safe Mode after updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows boot loop and can't go into safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows boot loop and can't go into safe mode: Hello. When I turn on my pc, it will go to the ASUS logo, black screen, ASUS logo again, and then shut itself down and then turns itself back on repeating the same steps. I tried a few methods on youtube like adjusting the RAM stick, replacing the battery, and cleaning the...
  6. Win 10 boot loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 boot loop: Hey Microsoft, I just bought some RAM for my old Laptop which is Toshiba Satellite L655 with a core i3 370m and 4 GB of RAM. Now that I have bought myself some DDR3 1600 mhz 2x4GB of RAM after installing it I am stuck in a bootloop stating "kernel security check failure...
  7. Boot in Safe mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Boot in Safe mode: I got stuck in safe mode , when i tried to choose any option from troubleshoot it ask me for the password and i am entering the right password it is not accepting my password and its not booting my laptop with network mode , i have done couple of things thatis already on...
  8. BSOD on boot (critical_process_died), cant boot into safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD on boot (critical_process_died), cant boot into safe mode: TL:DR: Can't boot (even into safe mode) after removing device 'Intel HD Graphics 4000' (and uninstalling its drivers). Getting critical_process_died BSOD. My specs: Mobo ASRock Z77 Pro4, CPU i5 3570k I had my integrated GPU (Intel HD Graphics 4000) disabled because it gave...
  9. Rollback boot loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Rollback boot loop: I was trying to install Windows 10 to a different drive and it failed. I selected to rollback and undo the changes now I'm stuck in a loop. I can only get to bios and I disconnected every drive except the OS M.2. How do I get out of this? 152395
  10. Boot into safe mode in Win 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot into safe mode in Win 10?: Is there a way to boot into Win 10 in a safe mode? The reason I ask is I am having trouble in normal mode trying to get rid of my win.old file. It will let me delete some of it but not all. So maybe in safe mode I can delete it all or am I missing something here? TIA...