Windows 10: Win 10 safe mode but forgot password

Discus and support Win 10 safe mode but forgot password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I am stuck at the opening window of Safe Mode (windows 10) and I forgot my password. I used another device to create a new password but none is... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by FP_151, Sep 27, 2019.

1. FP_151 Win User

Win 10 safe mode but forgot password

I am stuck at the opening window of Safe Mode (windows 10) and I forgot my password.

I used another device to create a new password but none is accepted by my machine?

What can I do to recover the password at Safe Mode?

Thank you!

:)

FP_151, Sep 27, 2019

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 27, 2019
  3. forgot password for account!!!!

You need to boot into Safe Mode. Do this by mashing F8 when the computer is starting, right before Windows loads, until you see a bunch of options. Select "Safe Mode". It'll boot into Safe Mode, and bring you to the login screen. At the login screen, go in as "Administrator", and from there go to the control panel. In the control panel, open "users", select the account you forgot the password of, and click "remove password". Restart the computer and all will be well *Smile Win 10 safe mode but forgot password :).

zekrahminator, Sep 27, 2019
  4. Win 10 safe mode but forgot password

Forgot password....

did u try booting from safe mode. i think windows dont ask for a password when u enter to safe mode

LittleLizard, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 safe mode but forgot password

1. Win 10 safe mode but forgot password - Similar Threads - safe mode forgot

2. Stuck in Safe Mode and Forgot Password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck in Safe Mode and Forgot Password: Please help me, I'm stuck in Safe Mode and i dont know my account password, i cannot access command prompt because it requires password to the account submitted by /u/wanekaze [link] [comments]...
  3. Stuck at safe mode, forgot my password.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stuck at safe mode, forgot my password.: So I logged on to safe mode just to delete this chinese file, in order to do this, I need to enter my email account's password. I entered my password and it doesn't work. I entered the password at a different device and it works. But now when I want to go back to normal mode,...
  4. Forgot password when booting into safe mode

Forgot password when booting into safe mode: I’m not going to tell you how it happened because then you will laugh and I cry. Title is explaining the situation. I have no internet, which means that my password is not changing when I changed it on my phone. HELP PLEASE SOMEONE. I WILL LOVE YOU. I WILL WORSHIP YOU. TILL...
  5. In Safe Mode, forgot Admin password.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    In Safe Mode, forgot Admin password.: Hello, I had to restart my computer to Safe mode. Unfortunately, i forgot my password. However, from what ive read, I might still have hope because I think my account is tied to my Microsoft account because when I enter Safe Mode with Command Prompt i see my account name and...
  6. Stuck in safe mode, forgot password.

Stuck in safe mode, forgot password.: I wanted to uninstall some applications that were not getting uninstalled normally so I thought of doing it from safe mode. Only problem, I've been logging in using my PIN and have forgotten my password. And safe mode won't let me in without your password. Tried getting...
  7. Booted into safe mode, and forgot password

Booted into safe mode, and forgot password: I am a total dumbass. Somehow i forgot my ms password, and i booted into windows safe mode on MINIMAL. Am i fucked, or is there something i can do? Does ethernet work to change passwords? I know my older password, i shift clicked restart, went to cmd, and put my older...
  8. Stuck in Windows 10 safe mode and forgot password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Stuck in Windows 10 safe mode and forgot password: I usually login with my PIN but when the laptop started on safe mode, it required a password for the microsoft account. I could not remember my password and reset the microsoft account password using the browser on mobile. But the laptop doesn't connect to the internet so it...
  9. Changed password forgot it and Started safe mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changed password forgot it and Started safe mode: Good day to who it my concern! Pls sorry on my english, hope will write all understandable. Few time ago I added t****datelly recognised my product key fr**** was ok. Opened new Microsoft account for this PC, installed all updates and PC was working just fine. After few...
  10. stuck in safe mode login forgot password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    stuck in safe mode login forgot password: by mistake I pressed F8 which open my laptop on safe mode. I can't remember my password because I use pin to log in. The user account I use is a Microsoft Account, and it's an administrator account, I only have one user account on that laptop. i try to change my password but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. forgotten windows 10 safe mode password