Windows 10: win 10, safe mode issue with display

Discus and support win 10, safe mode issue with display in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; HI, I am really hoping someone can help, I tried to set up 2nd monitor at home on my win 10 PC, I tried a different display setting and got the blue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by janeliston1, May 9, 2020.

1. win 10, safe mode issue with display

HI,

I am really hoping someone can help, I tried to set up 2nd monitor at home on my win 10 PC, I tried a different display setting and got the blue screen issue saying "input no supported" and wasnt able to do anything. I looked up on line and saw some articles about going into safe mode which seemed to take me ages to do then changing display settings there. However having done that, it shows the lowest resolution and I cant change it. What should I do? Totally stuck and didnt want to try a reboot after it taking so long to get into safe mode..thanks so much

:)

janeliston1, May 9, 2020

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with your issue.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps. 

If you see the black screen or have a flickering screen:

Step 1: Try connecting to different video outputs on the PC. Sometimes a change in driver can cause the video to be sent:

• To a different Adapter: from integrated graphics to a discrete card or vice versa.
      • To a different output: from HDMI to DVI, Display Port to VGA, or any other combination.
    Step 2: Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking
    or Enable low-resolution video.

• Advanced boot options, Safe Mode with Networking, or Low Resolution Video
      • Check Device Manager and look for Display Adapters
        • If you see 2 items under Display Adapters, disable to integrated video card (e.g. Intel HD 4000 or AMD Radeon HD 4200) and restart. (try vice versa if it does not work).
        • If you see 1 item under Display Adapters, rollback the driver or uninstall the display adapter in Device Manager, and enable the option to delete driver software.
    How to boot into Safe mode.

Run your computer in Safe mode and see if you still get that error message. If you are not getting that error message in safe mode then perform clean boot on your computer using the steps provided below. If you
    don't get that error message in safe mode then it means that some third party application is causing the problem.

To use a Safe Boot option, follow these steps:

• Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the
      F8 key when the Boot Menu appears.
    • Select an option Safe mode with Networking using the arrow keys on the keyboard when the
      Windows Advanced Options menu appears, select Safe mode with Networking and then press
      ENTER.

I would suggest you to force shutdown your system and then try to restart it again and check if you are able to login to safe boot.

Check the PC or display adapter manufacturer’s site for an updated driver.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.  

Sangeeta Sarkar, May 9, 2020
  3. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 9, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

win 10, safe mode issue with display

explorer.exe will not run other than in safe mode

MS suggests:
    Once your PC is in Safe Mode, reinstall your display adapter driver.

• Type device manager into the search box on the taskbar, and then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display adapter.
    • Right-click the display adapter and select Uninstall > OK.
    • Restart your PC.

dalchina, May 9, 2020
Thema:

win 10, safe mode issue with display

1. win 10, safe mode issue with display - Similar Threads - safe mode issue

2. Win 10 safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 safe mode: Hello, suddenly my laptop black screen, 1. Try to login repairing system, but keep on saying wrong PW , I reset my hotmail PW -> wrong, and unable reset login PW. 2. Try start at safe mode, but pop message The system detected an overrun of stuck-based buffer in this...
  3. Safe Mode - there is no display

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Safe Mode - there is no display: I put PC in Safe Mode and I'm guessing it complied. However, the display is not/ will not connect so there is nothing on a screen to which I can respond. Is there any way to get it back to normal operating environment. keyboard strokes?...
  4. Starting Win 10 in Safe Mode

Starting Win 10 in Safe Mode: When I try to start mt Win 10 PC in safe mode through the recovery menu, I get a screen that asks for my recovery code. I don't know my recovery code, so how do I get it. I do not sign in with a Microsoft account for my PC use just local sign in. Thanks for your help...
  5. Stuck in Safe Mode - Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in Safe Mode - Win 10: So, yesterday I tried to update my driver for the graphic card (AMD). It asked me to reboot in Safe Mode, and I did... Now I'm stuck in the limbo of Safe Mode. The windows don't accept my password (either the one I use for the windows or my microsoft account, I use a hotmail...
  6. Display issue windows opens in a "Safe-Mode-Looking" display

Display issue windows opens in a "Safe-Mode-Looking" display: windows opens in a "Safe-Mode-Looking" display post most recent windows 10 auto update rollout https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-issue-windows-opens-in-a-safe-mode-looking/8228af0f-4068-4c2e-921a-a4ff0a5ff523
  7. safe mode issue with win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    safe mode issue with win 10: start up a computer with a safe mode win and can not back to the regular desk top mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-mode-issue-with-win-10/7d49da3c-fc39-4066-bfc3-17e71da9d523
  8. Issues with Safe Mode!!!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Issues with Safe Mode!!!: Recently I was on my computer and I turned on Safe Mode. I then restarted my computer and now I am locked out. None of my passwords work, I have changed all my Microsoft Passwords and Gmail/Google passwords and still nothing works. I have tried doing the Shift+Restart and I...
  9. Safe Mode Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Safe Mode Issues: So I enabled Safe Mode and now I am following tutorials to disable it and when i try and open the Run feature (Windows + R buttons) it says Interests are not available. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-mode-issues/f06ec5f5-3198-4223-9e6b-538915024c2e
  10. Boot into safe mode in Win 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot into safe mode in Win 10?: Is there a way to boot into Win 10 in a safe mode? The reason I ask is I am having trouble in normal mode trying to get rid of my win.old file. It will let me delete some of it but not all. So maybe in safe mode I can delete it all or am I missing something here? TIA...