Windows 10: Win 10 Says Connected but no internet, but other devices work & router sees computer

Discus and support Win 10 Says Connected but no internet, but other devices work & router sees computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello.On my gaming PC I have no internet. The Wi-Fi is connected but it says no internet connection. I cannot even access my router settings page, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AHal, May 10, 2021.

1. AHal Win User

Win 10 Says Connected but no internet, but other devices work & router sees computer

HellWin 10 Says Connected but no internet, but other devices work & router sees computer o_On my gaming PC I have no internet. The Wi-Fi is connected but it says no internet connection. I cannot even access my router settings page, but all my other devices have internet and if I login to the router on another device I can see my gaming PC and it has an IP. If I open the adapter properties details window for my connection I see the Wi-Fi connection speed and traffic, but no internet works and no firewall settings were changed in Win10. Everything looks proper except windows telling me that my router or modem have a problem with connectivity they don’t. Have ran diag

:)

2. over 50 Win User

Computer sees the router but there is no connection

Computer sees the router but there is no connection - ran diagnostic ... Troubleshooting says 'One or more network protocols are missing on this computer'
    This is a new computer, first set up. I am . I have a satellite modem connected to a router. This setup has always provided wifi. I cannot get online when cable is run from modem to the router. I can only get internet if I plug cable directly into computer = no wifi for other devices.
    How do I get these 'network protocols?'
    Service providers ran tests, said hardware is working.

over 50, May 10, 2021
  3. simrick Win User
    Computer sees the router but there is no connection

Hi over 50 and welcome to Tenforums.
    If you get Internet when you connect with an ethernet cable directly to your satellite modem, it sounds to me that your router is the problem. If you run a cable from modem to router and no wifi is broadcasting (you can check for wifi with a phone or tablet), then the router is the problem: either it has failed, or it needs to be setup. How old is the router? I have found that usually, when a router is starting to fail, the wifi is the first thing to go.

If you connect a cable from the router to the new computer, do you get internet?

It's quite possible that a factory reset of the router may allow you to re-set it up, and get it working, but if it's failing, it won't last long and the wifi will go out again.

simrick, May 10, 2021
  4. Win 10 Says Connected but no internet, but other devices work & router sees computer

Internet says it is connected but won't work

Summary: My windows 10 computer says the network has internet access, but I can't actually access anything on the internet. I know the internet is working because I have multiple other devices connecting, including a windows 7 computer. The computer can also see each other over the network.

The computer connects via an ethernet connection.

Things I have tried:
    ipconfig/release
    ipconfig/renew
    ipconfig/flushdns
    ipconfig/registerdns
    resetting the modem
    safe mode with network
    system restore

Background: Windows 10 had been running well until about a week ago. I had a momentary power outage and lost internet access to all devices. I was able to reconnect most things via restarting. The windows 10 computer didn't reconnect until I did the ipconfig/renew command. I had no other problems until the computer stopped connecting two days ago.

I'm not sure if the event is related.

At the moment I'm not sure of what else to try except uninstalling/reinstalling windows, but I'm hoping to avoid that step.

Thank you very much for your help.

CRogers271, May 10, 2021
Thema:

Win 10 Says Connected but no internet, but other devices work & router sees computer

1. Win 10 Says Connected but no internet, but other devices work & router sees computer - Similar Threads - Says Connected internet

2. Computer is connected to new router, but browser says no internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer is connected to new router, but browser says no internet: My mother-in-law just got a T-Mobile internet gateway. We installed it last night and everything connected is working except for my computer. It says that it's connected and has internet access, but when I open my browser it says no internet access. Is there anything I can do...
  3. Computer is connected to new router, but browser says no internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer is connected to new router, but browser says no internet: My mother-in-law just got a T-Mobile internet gateway. We installed it last night and everything connected is working except for my computer. It says that it's connected and has internet access, but when I open my browser it says no internet access. Is there anything I can do...
  4. Computer is connected to new router, but browser says no internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 - Restarting computer fails to connect to router. Other devices even other...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Restarting computer fails to connect to router. Other devices even other...: First thing in the morning, the computer Acer Aspire A515-56 connects first time every time. However, if I restart or Shutdown & then switch back on my computer it usually refuses to connect to the internet WiFi connection. Network Troubleshooter doesn't find/fix anything,...
  6. Windows 10 - Restarting computer fails to connect to router. Other devices even other...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - Restarting computer fails to connect to router. Other devices even other...: First thing in the morning, the computer Acer Aspire A515-56 connects first time every time. However, if I restart or Shutdown & then switch back on my computer it usually refuses to connect to the internet WiFi connection. Network Troubleshooter doesn't find/fix anything,...
  7. Windows 10 - Restarting computer fails to connect to router. Other devices even other...

8. My internet is working on other devices but not the computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My internet is working on other devices but not the computer: I can probably google how to fix it but this seems much troubling. I’ve already tried the netsh reset catalog and netsh ipv4 reset reset.log and restarted the pc but it didn’t work, I also tried to uninstall the realtek controler network adapter and scan for hardware changes...
  9. Internet not working on computer, fine on other devices.

Internet not working on computer, fine on other devices.: Hi, my internets cinternets completely stopped working on my computer despite the computer displaying it as strong, in addition it is working fine on my tablet. I have tried everythingcocould could find and nothings working....
  10. Computer sees the router but there is no connection

Computer sees the router but there is no connection: Computer sees the router but there is no connection - ran diagnostic ... Troubleshooting says 'One or more network protocols are missing on this computer' This is a new computer, first set up. I am . I have a satellite modem connected to a router. This setup has always...