Windows 10: WIN 10 Scan Utility cannot find my scanner

Discus and support WIN 10 Scan Utility cannot find my scanner in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; With all WIN 10 updates installed, the WIN 10 Scan utility gives an error message saying that it cannot find my scanner Brother MF machine, even though... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Danssmith1, Feb 22, 2021.

1. WIN 10 Scan Utility cannot find my scanner

With all WIN 10 updates installed, the WIN 10 Scan utility gives an error message saying that it cannot find my scanner Brother MF machine, even though it initially lists the correct machine. Full current printer and driver package have just been installed. The old WIN scan and fax utility can find the networked scanner just fine, and the MF device itself can scan to the laptop.

How do I get the Scan utility to work?

:)

Danssmith1, Feb 22, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Error: Set the PC to start scanning when scanning using Cannon scanner

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the following details:

• What is the complete error message?
    • Which application are you using to scan the document?
    • What is the make and model of the scanner?
    • Were you able to use the scanner earlier?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article

Install and use a scanner in Windows 10
    and see if that helps.

Please reply with the detailed information to help you with the issue.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 22, 2021
  3. Windows 10 fax and scan does not recognize my scanner

I have exactly the same problem - my all-in-one printer prints perfectly and used to scan perfectly too. Now it says that it cannot detect the scanner.

I am using an Epson WF-4640 and Windows 10. Again, printing works like a dream, which suggests that all is connected quite happily.

I have tried:

• uninstalling and reinstalling the printer
    • updating the printer drivers
    • searching for "Windows Fax and Scan" in the programs and apps, to update it, but I cannot find it
    • likewise, when I go into the device manager, there is no separate scanner listed (I thought this might give me an option to update the driver) - although the printer is shown
    • using "Scan" instead, which the Microsoft app store tells me I have installed, but when I run it, it says that first I have to "connect a scanner" - my scanner is turned on and connected, so I am not sure where to go from here!

Any other suggestions, please? At the moment I am plugging the gap by scanning by the very inferior Epson Scan utility, but I much preferred Windows Fax and Scan - when it worked...

Susievintage, Feb 22, 2021
  4. WIN 10 Scan Utility cannot find my scanner

Microtek scanner on Win 10 Pro

Hi Jean,

To get better clarity on the issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• Is the scanner detected under Devices?
    • Were you able to see the scanner on the Device Manager?
    • Have you installed the latest driver for the scanner?

We suggest you to run the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. To do this, follow the steps:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting and hit enter.
    • Choose Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Hardware and Devices and run the troubleshooter.

If issue persists, we suggest you contact the manufacturer to get better assistance.

Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Monica Cam, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

WIN 10 Scan Utility cannot find my scanner

1. WIN 10 Scan Utility cannot find my scanner - Similar Threads - Scan Utility cannot

2. Cannot find scanned files or photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot find scanned files or photos: I have scanned in receipts and documents AND photos and now cannot find them. Normally when I scan an item I will see the file where I can then re-name it so I can find it and move it into the proper folder. I have been looking all over and cannot find anything that I've...
  3. My 64-bit Dell Win 10 computer cannot scan to a 32-bit Dell V313 scanner.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My 64-bit Dell Win 10 computer cannot scan to a 32-bit Dell V313 scanner.: My 64 bit Dell Win 10 computer connects to a 32 bit Dell V313 scanner, but attempting to scan using WFS returns the message 'an error occurred while setting scanner properties'. There is an online hint that suggests that the message is caused by the scanner not returning the...
  4. My 64-bit Dell Win 10 computer cannot scan to a 32-bit Dell V313 scanner.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My 64-bit Dell Win 10 computer cannot scan to a 32-bit Dell V313 scanner.: My 64 bit Dell Win 10 computer connects to a 32 bit Dell V313 scanner, but attempting to scan using WFS returns the message 'an error occurred while setting scanner properties'. There is an online hint that suggests that the message is caused by the scanner not returning the...
  5. My 64-bit Dell Win 10 computer cannot scan to a 32-bit Dell V313 scanner.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Win-10 (v20H2) Fax and Scan and HP2400 Scanner Issues

Win-10 (v20H2) Fax and Scan and HP2400 Scanner Issues: I recently solved an HP printer problem I was having which I originally blamed on Win-10. Turned out the roller on the printer needed to be cleaned and for whatever reason Win-10 was receiving an "out of paper" flag that would cause the printed document to hang in the print...
  7. I cannot find scanning image on my PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cannot find scanning image on my PC: When I scanning document, I see window during scanning, but, after finish, I can not find where my scan image went. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-find-scanning-image-on-my-pc/a8bb05cd-d70b-4aae-99eb-bb08d41b2f7b
  8. scanner not scanning

scanner not scanning: I have a Epson WF 2850 all in one device, Scanner is not scanning? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanner-not-scanning/e7a6e901-a629-4019-a946-8444f2966884
  9. My epson scanner cannot attached a scan to an email

in Windows 10 Customization
    My epson scanner cannot attached a scan to an email: Hi, I have Outlook 2019 standalone installed on Windows 10, and Outlook is set as the default mail client. I have an Epson printer/scanner with the latest version of SmartScan. When I attempt to scan a document and attach it to an email, it fails to load Outlook. See...
  10. windows fax and scan does not find my scanner

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows fax and scan does not find my scanner: windows fax and scan does not find my scanner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-fax-and-scan-does-not-find-my-scanner/960db1a2-1594-4398-aa2e-0f93206bdefb