Windows 10: Win 10 SCU Clean Install?

Discus and support Win 10 SCU Clean Install? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Yep it was old. And yeah your stock speed if you mean the 2133 speed you had is still 2x my ram speed. Probably not as much a difference as mine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Geosammy, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Geosammy Win User

Win 10 SCU Clean Install?

@Access Denied
    I hear ya!
    That would be sweet.
    I too want to build a new Coffee Lake system, but with the way prices are... forget about it. *cry

Geosammy, Apr 4, 2018
  2. Geosammy Win User

Hi,

It's my understanding, that the SCU (Spring Creators Update) has been delayed.
    I wish to perform a clean install from an ISO and was wondering if I should postpone doing so.
    Until the "bug" has been worked out and it's released to the public?

Thanks.

:)

Geosammy, Apr 11, 2018
  3. Windows 10 1803

I'm form USA but i got it from Windows 10 insider 1803 is SCU Spring Creators Update. Get it from Windows insider it is easy to sign up

Aaronfarley, Apr 11, 2018
  4. jeff---01 Win User

CR-21 into HFU-4

Ok got an HFU-5 on the way, can you tell me which cable I need to connect the cradle and box together. I have an scu-4. Don't know which one is coming with the HFU-5.

jeff---01, Apr 11, 2018
  5. Yes postpone it, since there are some bugs to resolve still. If you are going to clean install, it might be even better to wait for the official Media Creation tool to get released and use that to get an ISO.

slicendice, Apr 11, 2018
  6. This is what I am waiting on. I made a mistake on my clean install image and had so many steam games on it that I do not play any more. Waiting on the MCT with SCU and then I will clean slate my drive, install only the things I use daily and image it. stick it somewhere safe and proceed to move along as I am now.

Access Denied, Apr 11, 2018
  7. Geosammy Win User
    @slicendice

Thanks for confirming this for me.
    My system is running pretty smoothly and very responsive as well.
    The only thing that is annoying me, is my current C drive partitioning and I'd like to resolve this.
    Without having to manually do it myself.
    Seems the best course of action, would be to not act and wait for the official release.

Geosammy, Apr 11, 2018
  8. Geosammy Win User

@Access Denied

I'm going to wait it out.
    Until the SCU release becomes official.
    So many people (me included), are very anxious to get this update.
    It's probably best if we all wait and stop "chomping at the bit".

Geosammy, Apr 11, 2018
  9. If it works, don't touch it. *Wink

If you absolutely need SCU features, then a clean install could be one option. It would easily solve your partitioning problem since you would wipe everything and repartition system drive from scratch. There are however other methods to solve this too.

If I were you, I'd even wait for SCU to mature a bit. Usually a couple cumulative updates solve most issues for new build releases. And trust me, there usually are a few glitches lurking around the corner with every new release. If you're lucky, you won't notice a thing, but if unlucky, your system could behave really badly for quite some time. *Smile

slicendice, Apr 11, 2018
  10. @Geosammy
    Yep! That update to .371 actually made my system a bit snappier, or at least feels that way. I am in no rush for it. I will most likely just avoid the update if possible until it is on the MCT. That way I can just clean install and make an image.

Access Denied, Apr 11, 2018
  11. Geosammy Win User
    @slicendice

That's good advice.
    I currently have additional recovery partitions, which were created with my most recent in-place upgrade/repair.
    Waiting a bit longer and than doing a clean install, would create the proper partitions that windows needs.
    Thanks!

Geosammy, Apr 11, 2018
  12. Geosammy Win User
    @Access Denied

Yes I have to agree, that my system seems to also be "snappier".
    No matter how impatient I am, I'm still going to wait.

Geosammy, Apr 11, 2018
  13. AddRAM Win User

I wouldn't even consider updating for 3 or 4 months.

AddRAM, Apr 12, 2018
  14. Geosammy Win User
    @AddRAM

3-4 months?!, that seems like quite a while,
    but I guess things might be worked out well by then.
    I'm running Windows Home, so they might just push the SCU out to me before then
    My system is running nicely, so I'm willing to wait.

Thanks for your reply.

Geosammy, Apr 12, 2018
  15. AddRAM Win User
    Even longer, a year with Pro *Biggrin

I recently updated to 1709 (about a month ago) on my Z170 only because I got the update message from Microsoft.

AddRAM, Apr 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 SCU Clean Install? - Similar Threads - SCU Clean Install

2. did a clean install of win 10 on an ssd with a previous win 10 installation, the "clean"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    did a clean install of win 10 on an ssd with a previous win 10 installation, the "clean"...: did a clean install of win 10 with win 10 installation disk on an ssd with a previous win 10 installation, the "clean" install is using 3 quarters of the ssd. trying to find a way to format said ssd without success. Is there a utility out there that can override window's...
  3. did a clean install of win 10 on an ssd with a previous win 10 installation, the "clean"...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    did a clean install of win 10 on an ssd with a previous win 10 installation, the "clean"...: did a clean install of win 10 with win 10 installation disk on an ssd with a previous win 10 installation, the "clean" install is using 3 quarters of the ssd. trying to find a way to format said ssd without success. Is there a utility out there that can override window's...
  4. did a clean install of win 10 on an ssd with a previous win 10 installation, the "clean"...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. CLEAN INSTALL OF WIN 10

CLEAN INSTALL OF WIN 10: Attn: Greg Carmack Greg: I am studying your tutorial on doing a CLEAN INSTALL to try to familiarize my self with the process. Your instructions are quite simple to understand but I am getting confused on the link to the article about File History. This is what I understand...
  6. Clean install win 10

Clean install win 10: Hey, I have a toshiba satellite computer. a week ago the computer got into the automatic repair loop. After trying some methods i understood that my only option is to clean install win 10 again. So, i used Rufus to make a bootable usb and when the installation got atarted i...
  7. clean install win 10

clean install win 10: cannot create a partition or find an existing one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/clean-install-win-10/72c073f8-1a63-4866-b133-7559ced90d03
  8. Clean install of win 10 ?

Clean install of win 10 ?: Hi guys;i could never do a Clean a install of win10 preview on my PC's from a DVD ISO, i get stuck here, see pic; although i can upgrade from win 7 to win 10. the DVD ISO i made was from MS. Image codes: DSC02178 4374
  9. Install clean Win 10

Install clean Win 10: Hello I used the media creation tool which I had burned to dvd to install win 10 after uupgradingfrom 8.1. I paid strict attention to any place like adv or apply to delete the partitions but found none. I did tell it to bring "nothing" forward in the process. The pc works...
  10. Clean install Win 10

Clean install Win 10: Initial state of machine - Machine Lenovo AIO, win10 home 64bit UEFI Created DVD and USB via media creation tool 64bit win 10 home and booted into both media they load as far as getting all files then reboots. System created 4 partions Disc map on 2TB disc. Partion size...