Windows 10: Win 10 search not finding some files

Discus and support Win 10 search not finding some files in Cortana to solve the problem; I am having a BSOD issue when waking from sleep. circlass.sys is the suspect along with hcw89.sys. This issue is in another thread. Under my normal... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by TGeorge111, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Win 10 search not finding some files

I am having a BSOD issue when waking from sleep. circlass.sys is the suspect along with hcw89.sys. This issue is in another thread.

Under my normal account, a search of C:\ fails to find hcw89.sys.

If I log in as "standard user" search quickly finds some "hcw" files. This issue has been going on for a long time, maybe months and months.

What could be the problem, my user account corrupted?

Thanks,
    Terry Ryan

Win 10 search not finding some files a8c340f5-f2c7-4cf8-9d55-cf3d8d470ee9?upload=true.jpg

Win 10 search not finding some files 91ec0541-4f9b-4c2f-9765-1f6e1045b17a?upload=true.png

:)

TGeorge111, Mar 11, 2019

2. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Mar 11, 2019
  3. ChetR Win User
    Win 10 Search cannot find some of my new files

Wow! That is an awesome search program! Once the program had indexed my files it found every instance of 'Sundial Bottom'.
    Great tip, PiKo.
    And, Brink, thank you for all of your suggestions. I really appreciate the effort you put into finding a solution within Win 10.
    Chet

ChetR, Mar 11, 2019
  4. enso Win User

Win 10 search not finding some files

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

Win 10 search not finding some files

1. Win 10 search not finding some files - Similar Threads - search finding files

2. Windows Search Not Finding Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search Not Finding Files: Windows 10 Version: 20H2 (OS Build 19042,1052) I've always had problem with searching files. If I "search this PC" and type in a folder or file name, nothing ever comes up. It just says "working on it" forever as the little bar moves. If I search a specific folder, sometimes...
  3. Windows Search not finding file that IS there!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search not finding file that IS there!: Hi, I'm very confused.. I am looking for any files on my computer that have "Hybrid - Analog Women" in the name, no matter what the file extension is. I know for a fact that there is one called Hybrid - Analog Women.nksn on one of my drives yet it is returning "No items match...
  4. Cannot directly open some files from Win 10 quick search results

in Cortana
    Cannot directly open some files from Win 10 quick search results: Some items that show up from a Start Menu Quick Search will open with a double-click, or a R-click/Open. However noOutlook (was 2103, now '365') emails, or files that do have a visible extension, are identified in the "Type' coulmn, and have the contents summary appended to...
  5. Searching for file types in WIN 10

in Cortana
    Searching for file types in WIN 10: Win XP had 'search for photos, images' or 'search documents' options in search dialogue. No such options in Win 10? how to search for a type of files in Win 10?...
  6. Search can't find some files, says "These results may be incomplete"

in Windows 10 Support
    Search can't find some files, says "These results may be incomplete": When I "search my stuff" from the start menu, some files that I know to be indexed never show up in the results. And at the top of the search window, it reads: "These results may be incomplete, search is still indexing your stuff." I've rebuilt the search index, which says...
  7. Search cannot find files

in Windows 10 Support
    Search cannot find files: I have hundreds of videos but when I try to search for them by using IN this PC the Kind:=video command the search come up empty. It simply cannot find anything I ask it to search for. I do not want to use third party search applications. I just want it to work. Does anyone...
  8. search - some files not found

in Windows 10 Support
    search - some files not found: Hi, Why some files are not found on my system ? For instance, a folder have files "02-Bad Boy" and "03-Any Time". If I do ctrl-f "Bad", I found "02-Bad Boy". If I do ctrl-f "Any", I don't find "03-Any Time". I have to type "*Any", ans asterisk before, to find...
  9. Win 10 Search cannot find some of my new files

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Search cannot find some of my new files: I recently completed my upgrade from Win 7 Pro to Win 10. However I now notice that when I save some files, Win 10 does not seem to be able to find them. When I use search I get the following message: "These results may be incomplete, search is still indexing your stuff."...
  10. Search not finding all files

in Windows 10 Support
    Search not finding all files: Hi everyone, We recently purchased two new Acer PC's running Windows 10 on a HDD. We also bought a SSD for each device which I then cloned the HDD to the SSD to decrease startup time. Please note that since cloning I have not formated or deleted any data on the HDD and the...