Windows 10: WIN 10 SETTINGS - Unable to alter Settings even with Hidden Admin enabled

Discus and support WIN 10 SETTINGS - Unable to alter Settings even with Hidden Admin enabled in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My computer had one user account with Admin rights. After a recent auto update I noticed, a) Starting getting "you'll need a new app to open this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by declancurran, Aug 5, 2018.

1. WIN 10 SETTINGS - Unable to alter Settings even with Hidden Admin enabled

My computer had one user account with Admin rights.

After a recent auto update I noticed,

a) Starting getting "you'll need a new app to open this ms-gaming overlay"

b) I could get Windows Setting to load but am unable to change any setting.

Thinking that my user account was corrupt I enabled the Hidden Admin account and created a new user account with admin rights.

I still cannot alter any settings using either the newly created account or the hidden admin account

I ran the "SFC scannow:, it detected some corrupted files and replaced them - problem still exists

:)

declancurran, Aug 5, 2018

2. Win 7 Pro: Unable to share drives: error 0x00000154

Windows 7 Pro sp1 x64 using the hidden admin account (super admin)

When I try to enable sharing of partitions (drives. not folders) I get this error. I tried it on different drive letters, but the same thing. I searched for this using the error message but no meaningful results came up.

I'm using the "Workgroup" setting, not Homegroup.

What services and/or components would be involved? I believe something is missing, though the list in "Service's" is what normally is running.

What does the "154" refer to

videobruce, Aug 5, 2018
  3. Win 10 - no admin account

Hi,

If you are unable to create a new user account, try to enable the in-built administrator account and check.

To do so, follow the steps.

• Press Windows + X. Click on command prompt (admin)

• Type the following command and hit enter

net user administrator /active:yes

• Log out and sign in to the default admin account and try to add a new admin user.

Let us know the results once you have tried these methods. Hope this information was helpful.

Sahil Bali, Aug 5, 2018
  4. angus Win User

WIN 10 SETTINGS - Unable to alter Settings even with Hidden Admin enabled

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Aug 5, 2018
Thema:

WIN 10 SETTINGS - Unable to alter Settings even with Hidden Admin enabled

1. WIN 10 SETTINGS - Unable to alter Settings even with Hidden Admin enabled - Similar Threads - SETTINGS Unable alter

2. Unable to access backup settings, even as admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access backup settings, even as admin: We are working with a client. After running hard drive scans, we've noticed the backups are way too big. When we try to save it, the error reads "Could not configure the disk space used for system protection for the following reason: The shadow copy provider had an error....
  3. Unable to access backup settings, even as admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access backup settings, even as admin: We are working with a client. After running hard drive scans, we've noticed the backups are way too big. When we try to save it, the error reads "Could not configure the disk space used for system protection for the following reason: The shadow copy provider had an error....
  4. Unable to access backup settings, even as admin

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Unable to update win 10, settings change, I am Admin, but even if I log in under hidden...

Unable to update win 10, settings change, I am Admin, but even if I log in under hidden...: On my personal computer and phone I can't update, my settings change, I constantly have to create new email accounts because even if I save my password I always write my password down before entering it even if I save it to autofill but somehow it always says it is wrong. I...
  6. clipboard settings hidden or managed by admin

in Windows 10 Customization
    clipboard settings hidden or managed by admin: I can't use the Clipboard shortcut, Windows key + VThe clipboard settings state "some of these settings are hidden or managed by organization.I am the pc admin...
  7. Windows settings altering ?

Windows settings altering ?: After update to version 120.2212.31.0 I noticed the Setting home screen had my account info,One Drive Status & last update all in the top row. That night I reset my laptop & the next morning I went to check for updates & this was gone & Settings was back to original old...
  8. admin settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    admin settings: How to activate the admin account on Windows 10 Pro? I keep getting the error that says Acess is denied. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-settings/d50ea246-cc0f-4134-952c-27980c8f392a"
  9. Hidden settings

Hidden settings: 'Some settings are hidden or managed by your organisation'. But I am not and it stops me getting insider builds. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hidden-settings/6503a593-1fe2-4591-8102-0c866f4c6a02
  10. Unable to change Admin Settings

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to change Admin Settings: I am having issues writing to C or modifying files on the C Drive. I read that I should explicitly add myself (named) as a user in the security settings, which I have done. When I try to apply the settings, I get the following message for most of the folders in C...