Windows 10: Win 10 showing lock screen when going to sleep

Discus and support Win 10 showing lock screen when going to sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hi there, since about 6 months, with one of the last updates, the PC started something odd, and my wife's computer is doing exactly the same, 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gabgab, Aug 31, 2019.

1. gabgab Win User

Win 10 showing lock screen when going to sleep

hi there,

since about 6 months, with one of the last updates, the PC started something odd, and my wife's computer is doing exactly the same, 2 laptops, one asus one lenovo..

so when you click power button for going into sleep mode, the lock screen flashes back for like half second, then goes to sleep... been waiting for a fix quite long, already updated video card drivers, etc.

anyone had the same issue and any possible fixes for it? it's not a HUGE deal, just annoying and not the proper behaviour. already submitted via windows feedback a few times.

thanks,
    Gab

:)

gabgab, Aug 31, 2019
  2. gabgab Win User

Lock screen showing up with PC going to sleep

thanks, i just did it twice DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth as you said and he outputted that he did some repairs

Win 10 showing lock screen when going to sleep [​IMG]

then I did the sfc and I had

so it still found errors. I am restarting now...

gabgab, Aug 31, 2019
  3. gabgab Win User

right let me retry, last time

- - - Updated - - -

you were right!

gabgab, Aug 31, 2019
  4. f14tomcat Win User

*Thumbs

f14tomcat, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

1. Win 10 showing lock screen when going to sleep - Similar Threads - showing lock screen

2. Win 10 won't go to sleep automatically

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10 won't go to sleep automatically: Recently my Win 10 desktop PC refuses to go to sleep unless I manually put it to sleep. One issue I'm having is that the settings for power management are clearly intended for a laptop "When plugged in, monitor turns off after XX minutes". But aside from that. I have noticed...
  3. Win 10 won't go to sleep automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 won't go to sleep automatically: Recently my Win 10 desktop PC refuses to go to sleep unless I manually put it to sleep. One issue I'm having is that the settings for power management are clearly intended for a laptop "When plugged in, monitor turns off after XX minutes". But aside from that. I have noticed...
  4. Windows10 Shows Locking and go to sleep mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows10 Shows Locking and go to sleep mode: [IMG] My laptop shows this screen continuesly going to sleep mood. How can i solve this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows10-shows-locking-and-go-to-sleep-mode/703c66e5-b9c8-454e-9a8b-8e02ec603b0c
  5. Lock screen showing up when going to sleep

Lock screen showing up when going to sleep: hi there, since at least 3 months I noticed that when I click the power button for having the PC go to sleep mode, the lock screen will pop up for like half second, and then it will go to standby. This definitely didn't happen when I set up the PC and some time ago it...
  6. Lock screen showing up when PC going to sleep mode

Lock screen showing up when PC going to sleep mode: hello, Since one of the latest updates, when i click the power button for sending the PC to sleep, the lock screen flashes for an instant then goes into sleep. it has never done like that say 6 months ago. With the most recent update that i have installed today, and i am...
  7. Lock screen showing up with PC going to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock screen showing up with PC going to sleep: hello, Since one of the latest updates, when i click the power button for sending the PC to sleep, the lock screen flashes for an instant then goes into sleep. it has never done like that say 6 months ago. With the most recent update that i have installed today, and i am...
  8. WIN 10 Not locking when going to sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIN 10 Not locking when going to sleep: Specs: Win 10 Pro 64 bit desktop Version 1803 Build 17134.407 Installed 11/10/2018 Since the update to 1803 if the computer goes to sleep upon wake up it does not require pin/password to login to the last account that was active. There used to be a setting for...
  9. Computer will not go to sleep (lock screen) via timeout

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer will not go to sleep (lock screen) via timeout: So I have been having this problem for a couple of months and I do not know what to do. I have tried so many different things from many posts and I can't find anything that works. A few months ago I replaced my boot drive with an SSD drive. I did this by plugging in the SSD,...
  10. When I lock my windows screen it tries to go in sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    When I lock my windows screen it tries to go in sleep mode.: I have a custom built PC (built last year) and recently when I lock my windows screen, after a few seconds it tries to go in sleep mode then it wakes itself up on its own then few seconds later it tries again. 1. I lock my screen 2. after i lock it, it brings me to my...