Windows 10: Win 10 shows my dvd drive as a floppy

Discus and support Win 10 shows my dvd drive as a floppy in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; after updating from win 7 ultimate to win 10 pro my dvd player/burner shows as a floppy drive. 13990 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mjunker, Aug 7, 2015.

1. mjunker Win User

Win 10 shows my dvd drive as a floppy

after updating from win 7 ultimate to win 10 pro my dvd player/burner shows as a floppy drive.

:)

mjunker, Aug 7, 2015

2. Windows 10 - Disk drive showing as floppy drive

my dvd burner player is not in my pc according to win10, i do have a floppy drive according to win 10, witch i do not have. TS finds no hardware changes and i cannot find any solution.

sjabvenema, Aug 7, 2015
  3. DVD driver disappeared, shows floppy instead

I have Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R motherboard. After upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 my DVD driver disappeared. Windows is showing a floppy drive instead, which isn't there. Checked with motherboard producer - they don't have drivers for Windows 10.
    They wrote I need to use Windows built-in drivers. Win 10 tells me however that everything is up to date. And device mamnager doesn't see the drive. Please help!

ErnestRynas, Aug 7, 2015
  4. bro67 Win User

What does it show in Device Manager? It also helps to know all of the spec's on the computer. Along with how old the compute is.

bro67, Aug 7, 2015
Thema:

1. Win 10 shows my dvd drive as a floppy - Similar Threads - shows dvd drive

2. My floppy disc drive is not showing up on anything

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My floppy disc drive is not showing up on anything: So I have a Mitsumi model D359M3 from a Windows 98 computer, and it's plugged in to my motherboard with a floppy disc drive ribbon cable, but it's not showing up at all anywhere. How do I get it to show up and get drivers for it?...
  3. My floppy disc drive is not showing up on anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My floppy disc drive is not showing up on anything: So I have a Mitsumi model D359M3 from a Windows 98 computer, and it's plugged in to my motherboard with a floppy disc drive ribbon cable, but it's not showing up at all anywhere. How do I get it to show up and get drivers for it?...
  4. My floppy disc drive is not showing up on anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Legacy Internal Floppy Drive support in Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Legacy Internal Floppy Drive support in Win 10: Windows Pro 10.0.19044It is my understanding that Win 10 & 11 still support the old legacy floppy drives. However, I have not been able to get the drives to be recognized after upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10. The device manager tools clearly indicates that the Floppy...
  6. Legacy Internal Floppy Drive support in Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Legacy Internal Floppy Drive support in Win 10: Windows Pro 10.0.19044It is my understanding that Win 10 & 11 still support the old legacy floppy drives. However, I have not been able to get the drives to be recognized after upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10. The device manager tools clearly indicates that the Floppy...
  7. Legacy Internal Floppy Drive support in Win 10

8. DVD drive stopped recognizing DVD's in Win 10

DVD drive stopped recognizing DVD's in Win 10: I have been ripping DVD's to the cloud all weekend with no problems using MakeMKV. Then suddenly after about 90 discs my DVD drive stopped recognizing any disc I put in it. I insert a disc, wait a few seconds and click on the DVD drive in Windows Explorer. Then the drawer...
  9. The use of an external USB Floppy Drive with Win 10

The use of an external USB Floppy Drive with Win 10: After reading all the recommended procedures here for getting a USB Floppy Drive to work in Win 10 including the remove and reinstall drivers i have come to the following conclusions: 1- the system search ONLY yields that the drivers are current 2- removing drivers in the...
  10. Will Win 10 support a 3.5 floppy drive?

Will Win 10 support a 3.5 floppy drive?: My wife was given an older Hammond organ by our church. It has a 3.5 floppy drive that accepts and plays MIDI song files. I have software that is able to generate MIDI song files, I'm hoping Win 10 will support a USB connected floppy drive (??) 74430